Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Zuzie posted:

All shinies should have very dramatic differences in coloration.

I have a few patterns of color blindness that make it so some shinnies are so subtle I can't even spot the difference. Like, I have a shiny Griaffarig from X. I to this day cannot tell you the difference, and I only knew it was shiny because I the noise and animation. So this kind of thing would make alot of them so much more exciting to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Garchomp's shiny is clearly the best shiny ever (gen 6 and onward doesn't count :catbert: )

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I did like that they made some of the worse shinies better when they changed forms. Gengar too has a crap regular shiny but becomes white when mega evolved or gigantamaxed. Unfortunately they'll never just change the base sprite because GF doesn't like inconsistencies like that

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I feel like the sprites they use for Pokemon Home at least makes an attempt to make shinies that look similar to the original forms stand out at least, but I don't have colorblindness so I'd notice something being differently tinted.

That being said they really should completely change certain shiny colors to be more noticeable continuity be damned.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1531621527661297664

ForteanMan
Jun 3, 2020

Honestly very excited for whatever is revealed tomorrow. Not gonna get my hopes up too much. Region name, possibly legendaries, and maybe the ‘gimmick’ if there is one isn’t too much to expect? Either way looking forward to it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Let's line it up

June 11th 2013 XY revealed 5 pokemon, sky battles, the language options, PSS, Horde Battles. This one was at E3, however as far back as May 23rd they had announced the next news would be at E3.
June 2nd 2016 SM reveals box legendaries, kukui and lillie, the rotom dex, that QR code feature you forgot about, then confirmed there'd be more at E3 (which ended up being 3 new early mons)
June 5th 2109 SS reveals 5 pokemon, Leon, Hop, Sonia and Magnolia, the box legendaries, rotom phone, showed off the Wild Area, and also Dynamax. E3 also showed some early pokemon and gym stuff.

So I think we're getting some fairly juicy info tomorrow, including a battle gimmick. Maybe not THE gimmick, tho.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for Super Dynamax

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't wait for Mega Zynamax

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I hope Charizard gets a new regional variant in violet/scarlet.

IMO.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre introducing 100 new baby forms

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm sincerely going to be sad if there's no mechanics from pla

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm sincerely going to be sad if there's no mechanics from pla

I know you in particular called it "inefficient" but I would particularly enjoy battle-less catching of overworld 'mons to be possible, which is something Nintendo has been trying to integrate in Pokemon games since at least the Let's Go games came to the Switch. It obviously changes the challenge curve to be a bit more casual-friendly (the "PKMN=GO" crowd) than the standard "do you know what False Swipe does" expectations that come with most main-line pokemon entries.

The biggest problem I see with overworld catching is that the PL:A system requires a dodge and monsters to have attacks in the overworld, and I'm not absolutely not going to be expecting those to feature in Scar/Violet unless they say so.

Super No Vacancy posted:

theyre introducing 100 new baby forms

Baby-only tournaments that max out the happiness scores of the winners :sickos:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I would simply learn to love doing tactical dark souls fat rolls when I am hunting Mr. Mime out in the unrelenting hellscapes for paychecks that everybody tells me I will DIE in, alongside my own goddamn amusement of said adventures.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Go ahead and show me the final starter evos now Gamefreak, so I can make a decision

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lux Animus posted:

I know you in particular called it "inefficient" but I would particularly enjoy battle-less catching of overworld 'mons to be possible, which is something Nintendo has been trying to integrate in Pokemon games since at least the Let's Go games came to the Switch. It obviously changes the challenge curve to be a bit more casual-friendly (the "PKMN=GO" crowd) than the standard "do you know what False Swipe does" expectations that come with most main-line pokemon entries.

The biggest problem I see with overworld catching is that the PL:A system requires a dodge and monsters to have attacks in the overworld, and I'm not absolutely not going to be expecting those to feature in Scar/Violet unless they say so.

Baby-only tournaments that max out the happiness scores of the winners :sickos:

Overworld catching can be fine I just don't want to have to catch hundreds of things just grind out stats.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Macaluso posted:

Go ahead and show me the final starter evos now Gamefreak, so I can make a decision

Don't be a coward; make your decision now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Scholtz posted:

I'm already all in on the Pomp duck.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I don't care if it turns into a green incineroar, I am all in on that leaf cat. Best starter since Bulbasaur, and I will love its evolutions unconditionally.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm bound for Fuecoco, but if weed cat turns into anything resembling a green incineroar i might have to switch sides.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I like the bean lizard

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Duck is a safe bet in that when it gets the inevitable furry final form at least it started as bipedal.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The duck form won't have pants

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I would like to see character customization because it is very important that my character look like a cool nerd and not just a regular one.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

ForteanMan posted:

Honestly very excited for whatever is revealed tomorrow. Not gonna get my hopes up too much. Region name, possibly legendaries, and maybe the ‘gimmick’ if there is one isn’t too much to expect? Either way looking forward to it.

The trailer reveals that they took a page from Palworld's book and shows Pikachu with a realistic gun

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
If they somehow nail a Donald Duck meets Don Quixote design then the duck will rocket to the best starter of all time. I just have no faith they'll do it, so weed cat for me

I'm very excited about the trailer. I'm sure it's going to be mostly nothing, but Pokemon is as such a big crossroads right now and I think even a short trailer will reveal which direction they're going.

or at least it'll lead to months of speculation and debate about it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Scholtz posted:

I will not be the victim of a Chespin to Chesnaught crime :colbert:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't care if the cat stays good in later forms. I am committed to picking Totodile 2. And I will not waver.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wish they showed off the starters evos before release

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Grass cat forever. I almost always choose grass types.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

I wish they showed off the starters evos before release

They usually do that don’t they?

Anyway excited to learn about the new rattata and pidgey.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They usually do that don’t they?

Anyway excited to learn about the new rattata and pidgey.

Nope, they almost never do.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Usually they get leaked.

Why don’t people like chesnaught?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Fuecoco evolves to have a chef's hat and apron. I can't remember if that was suggested here by someone but it feels right to me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

Nope, they almost never do.

I remember they did with gen vii pretty unceremoniously. I thought they did with Galar as well.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

We don't really get info on the fully evolved form until like a day or two after the games are officially released

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
revisiting previous gen leaks, this one was the best

quote:

There will be new Pokémon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman and a rugby monkey.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

People are still waiting on that Dolphin.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Overworld catching can be fine I just don't want to have to catch hundreds of things just grind out stats.

While I know Pokemon Go is pretty important now, I'm pretty sure Game Freak intends to keep that on Let's Go (which doesn't seem will get anything beyond Pikachu & Eevee itself).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Countblanc posted:

revisiting previous gen leaks, this one was the best

And other than the dolphin, all of those were right in some way!