Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Thoguh posted:

The democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status...ingawful.com%2F

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

why would you think that just because he said he'd do those things he'd do them, you fool, you pillock

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Love reading the date after reading the tweet. Always a top tier experience.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

ikanreed posted:

Love reading the date after reading the tweet. Always a top tier experience.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...ingawful.com%2F

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Weird! Congress sure said they weren't doing poo poo

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

ikanreed posted:

Weird! Congress sure said they weren't doing poo poo

No they didn't, they said you would have to vote for them again just to be absolutely sure before they'd make a decision

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
not even "we want to, but can't pass it right now". instead, it is "we won't do it now, but if you butter us up enough we may do something at some future date if we feel like it".

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

man every time I see the “heh you expect X to do something helpful? maybe you should learn how the government works :smug:” post I want to hurt people. If none of the stuff that needs doing can be done why on earth should anybody give any short of shot about the government? why should we care if it implodes?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm seeing unkind words towards our President, Joe Biden, in this thread. Please stop. Everyone I know is crying because of it, including me. My dogs are wailing. The rabbits are screaming.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
remain calm, but be aware that there may be a secretary of transportation in your back yard right now.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

DrManiac posted:

man every time I see the “heh you expect X to do something helpful? maybe you should learn how the government works :smug:” post I want to hurt people. If none of the stuff that needs doing can be done why on earth should anybody give any short of shot about the government? why should we care if it implodes?

It's only that answer when it's something which would benefit you. If it's something that the wealthy want, well, somehow the system provides or if it doesn't there's just an executive order and it's done. I'm not saying this because you're wrong or wrong to feel that way, I'm saying this because you should be angry all the time not just when you hear whatever excuse it is that your kid has to starve or die or whatever it is.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

It took less than a day to push through protections for SCOTUS after the first protesters showed up outside their homes. The system is quick and efficient when it comes time to protect its own interests.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nix Panicus posted:

It took less than a day to push through protections for SCOTUS after the first protesters showed up outside their homes. The system is quick and efficient when it comes time to protect its own interests.

see also: happy funbux for ukrainian nazis

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Thoguh posted:

The democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

big if true

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye
they’ve crunched the numbers. the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

https://twitter.com/seantrende/status/1531625503865589760?s=12

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Not so fast friend, Joe has a plan

quote:

The Biden White House is rolling out a new monthlong economic campaign today to try to “communicate on our accomplishments to date on the economy,” according to a White House official.

President JOE BIDEN kicked off the effort with a WSJ op-ed that posted Monday evening, in which he boasted that his “administration’s economic and vaccination plans helped achieve the most robust recovery in modern history.” (More on this in a second.)

This afternoon, the president will huddle with Fed Chair JEROME POWELL to discuss plans for addressing inflation. (Bloomberg has a preview here.)

And on Friday, the president will give remarks on the much-anticipated May jobs report, “highlighting the remarkable progress we’ve made in getting Americans back to work, with unemployment down at a historically fast rate and over eight million jobs created,” the White House official said.

The purpose of the June pivot appears threefold:

1. To convince skeptical voters that, despite their current misgivings, the economy is actually doing quite well.

2. To calm fears about inflation and reassure both everyday Americans and major economic players that Biden has a plan to address it.

3. To thwart GOP efforts to try to hang inflation like an albatross around Democrats ahead of the midterms — and maybe even go on offense by accusing the GOP of pushing policies that will make the economy worse.

Checkmate, losers

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Biden is meeting with BTS this-morning too, just to show how relatable he is

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Stereotype posted:

Biden is meeting with BTK this-morning too, just to show how relatable he is

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Who are you going to believe, your lying eyes that tell you gas prices, food, and rent are rising out of control or Joe Biden proudly telling you things are better than ever and any complainers are Trump kissers?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

fast cars loose anus posted:

Checkmate, losers

have you considered, dear constituent, that the material problems you face in your day to day life may not in fact exist? the nice men wearing the lanyards are telling me so

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hes meeting with Ted Cruz as well

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

quote:

2. To calm fears about inflation and reassure both everyday Americans and major economic players that Biden has a plan to address it.

this is a flawless parody of politics dipshits, rather than just telling people what our plan is we will try to convince them we definitely do have a plan and we'll get started on that any day now

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this is a flawless parody of politics dipshits, rather than just telling people what our plan is we will try to convince them we definitely do have a plan and we'll get started on that any day now

they're cosplaying west wing more and more by the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3kELe0M8A

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Checkmate, losers

Infrastructure... month??

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Have they had any triumphant photo ops of bridges repaired by the historic once in a generation larger than average highway infrastructure bill?

Biden could really use a bridge to stand on right now to show he's done something

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
lmaooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1531715167666438145?s=21&t=lgiMciXBg4kbbve8VjZNQA

The 90s taught them wrong, as a joke. They are gonna be a rump party by 2024.

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

Checkmate, losers

Voters this November:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4e8iAofnrw

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

the bitcoin of weed posted:

just more debate club poo poo. why take action or pass policy when instead you can just pay a bunch of consultants and think tanks to fail to convince people that you’re the smartest?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The dems are actually going to try to convince people without MSNBC brain damage that inflation and $10/gal gas don't exist, and if they do, are a temporary and patriotic price to pay to own Putin.

They going to get owned.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
why did Biden spend decades trying to be president? trump obviously just wanted attention and to be the #1 most important guy in the world. Biden doesn’t want to pass any policy but he also avoids any kind of attention or responsibility like the plague. even Hillary seemed to actually want to be president, even if it was just because she thought she was entitled to it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thoguh posted:

lmaooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1531715167666438145?s=21&t=lgiMciXBg4kbbve8VjZNQA

The 90s taught them wrong, as a joke. They are gonna be a rump party by 2024.

there was a tweet that called this exactly

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

why did Biden spend decades trying to be president? trump obviously just wanted attention and to be the #1 most important guy in the world. Biden doesn’t want to pass any policy but he also avoids any kind of attention or responsibility like the plague. even Hillary seemed to actually want to be president, even if it was just because she thought she was entitled to it

the dog finally caught the car but it's been 40 years of chasing and now he's too old to remember why he started chasing it

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DoubleDonut posted:

he doesn't really have any say in the matter. he is a recognizable name that a bunch of shadowy career political campaign managers thought they could use to make money. rich people will usually hedge their bets and give money to everyone they think could win, so it's a pretty assured payday for everyone in the campaign whether he won or not.

remember that biden only won because the center-right corporatist establishment at the DNC desperately needed to ratfuck bernie and biden was the only candidate that they could plausibly frame as the winner and manufacture consent for. no one wants biden to be president, including himself, but they REALLY didn't want bernie to be president

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Biden didn't have to run though. obama supposedly tried to talk him out of it and wanted to coronate deval patrick instead of biden.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i assume it's really easy to convince a lecherous barely coherent old man to do what you want with flattery and promises of adoration and that all the work will be done for him.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

biden has run for president like 5 times. nobody had to talk him into becoming the president

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
the democrats are going to get outlawed in 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Car Hater posted:

the democrats are going to get outlawed in 2022

The funniest part about this is playing out the hypothetical in my head I'd expect the vast majority of democrats to go "you can't DO that!!!" and then join the republicans anyway