Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
on a lighter note

https://twitter.com/PERFECTSWEETlE/status/1530873702229082112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RandomBlue posted:

"call out if you need help"

"help!"

*bang*

nooooooo nope no way

what the fuuuuuck :shepface:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this also came out (or at least reported by cnn) today.............. seems like only a matter of time til there's some kind of confirmation

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1531669070696816641

oh jeez

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

whats wrong with her

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this also came out (or at least reported by cnn) today.............. seems like only a matter of time til there's some kind of confirmation

“they shot a kid”? :psypop:

oh my god that video

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

whats wrong with her

she's loving stupid and has a long career of literally only getting jobs by, shall we say, personal connections, OP

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

to be clear, it's not apparent who the kid is talking about

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

RandomBlue posted:

"call out if you need help"

"help!"

*bang*

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i'm gonna log off now

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

sexpig by night posted:

she's loving stupid and has a long career of literally only getting jobs by, shall we say, personal connections, OP

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

call me crazy but how is it bipartisan if the republicans voted against it?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"Are you injured?"
"I got shot!"
"Where? Where?"
"A kid got shot?"
"A kid?"
"They shot a kid"

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Maybe they shot one or two by accident and then killed some more to yeah take care of the witnesses.

Axetrain has issued a correction as of 23:12 on May 31, 2022

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is pepsi ok posted:

i'm gonna log off now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lmao it finally occurred to them they're being hung out to dry

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was hit or miss on violent movies freaking me out as a kid.

Pulp Fiction
Starship Troopers
Titanic
Jurrasic Park.

On the subject if violent media is responsible for mass shootings, I would say kinda sorta. A ton of it is ultra macho white male power fantasy poo poo born and bred by a patriarchal society. A lot of developers sure as poo poo are leaning into it with some degree of sincerity. But I think what it really is that's doing the harm is the communities that develop around them. I'm sure I enjoy a lot of the same video games and other media that gamergaters and neo-nazis love, but I spent my adolescence with people and on websites that pulled me to the left rather than hanging out with people that had particular opinions about Jews or how they felt about Indians (I'm from central Wyoming and lived in a settlement carved out of the Wind River Indian Reservation) or women.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lot goin on in D&D

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I am also not cooperating with the Texas Dept of Public Safety. Does that make me a murderer as well, in the eyes of this thread?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the best thing to hope for from this tragedy will be a six-ep miniseries by David Simon featuring the sons McNulty

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

I am also not cooperating with the Texas Dept of Public Safety. Does that make me a murderer as well, in the eyes of this thread?

yes, you're going to jail

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Calibanibal posted:

You have the blood of children on your hands.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Calibanibal posted:

Yes

but I still trust you over a cop

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

remember that the "Happy Birthday" song works not just for making sure you've washed your hands long enough, but also for limiting the time you spend looking in the mirror then back into the sink as you try to wash out the guilt

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ram dass in hell posted:

in b4 someone in the biden administration uses this as an argument that student debt forgiveness creates inflationary pressure and therefore now is not the time because we have to be austere and responsible lmao

https://twitter.com/PeterSchiff/status/1531612421894316034

uhhh well,

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ram dass in hell posted:

well, did you see the build back better fiasco? he's right

I work in the solar industry and my CEO still constantly asks us to redo future payback reports, the things that we use to estimate how long it will take a customer to pay back the significant installation costs, with the assumption that BBB passes and its green energy subsidies will drastically cut down on said costs

Goddamn dumbass

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

can i get an over/under on the number of kids the uvalde pd killed

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
pretty obvious there should have been a DoJ investigation from the beginning

but basically criminal to not have one started now

so of course they will not start one

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lmao

https://twitter.com/InnsmouthLooker/status/1531710657262891008

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

sexpig by night posted:

wwow, chud talking points much ?? could u BE more racist sexist and problematic? sex work is work.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

if thats the only thing that hurts his dead black soul and not 19 kids or people drowning in inflationary debt...then i hope it hurts the most :o:

no sympathy, pal, none! gimme a break

Just because you don’t pay attention to what he says or how he’s limited by federal laws understood by elementary school children doesn’t mean “he just said meh”. Especially gently caress off with that last bit, he actually understands what it’s like to bury his own kids.

Mayday Cat
May 1, 2022

by sebmojo

Joementum posted:

why would you try to politicize the DoJ, fascist

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ram dass in hell posted:

wwow, chud talking points much ?? could u BE more racist sexist and problematic? sex work is work.

it's so hosed up she's so anti sex work, when you take that into account

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

sexpig by night posted:

lot goin on in D&D

i can't believe pulp fiction did this. when will tarantino answer for his many crimes

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

too busy failing to investigate the greatest crime of the age: january 6th

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

lot goin on in D&D

holy poo poo

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA lmfao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Joementum posted:

um excuse me that's partisan. that's using the apparatus of government to persecute your political enemies. that's fascist. that's evil. that's undemocratic. let's give the cops javelin missiles instead

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

sexpig by night posted:

lot goin on in D&D

did you roll a 1?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Goddamn this truly evil loving country

loving poo poo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
...is Titanic even 'violent'? Like yea people die but...I don't think a hosed up kid can recreate that at school...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayday Cat
May 1, 2022

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

...is Titanic even 'violent'? Like yea people die but...I don't think a hosed up kid can recreate that at school...

locking the poor Irish kids into a room with the gunman because of the media I was raised on