Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
any new kirby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

kirby died in a tragic emulation accident

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
:(

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
after the hell he's put whispy woods through its all he deserves

leave the tree alone

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

hey

creature

leave that tree alone

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
All in all he's just another handsome strong pink puff ball

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

We just got a new Kirby. Unless he's in Strikers as the ball

Kirby 64 got updated to fix the underwater damage glitch

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I have two complaints about Blasphemous:

1. Why is dodge bound to a trigger by default, if you target audience is dark souls junkies bind dodge to the proper button.
2. Not gating areas behind ablities like Metroid, leads to some annoying situations. You attempt something 10 times then wonder is just hard and I suck or I am attempting sooner than I should.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Slowly putting together a “loquat” like hmmmm.

Calidus posted:

1. Why is dodge bound to a trigger by default, if you target audience is dark souls junkies bind dodge to the proper button.
2. Not gating areas behind ablities like Metroid, leads to some annoying situations. You attempt something 10 times then wonder is just hard and I suck or I am attempting sooner than I should.

I got to what I’m assuming is the last area and just quit. Deleted my save so I don’t keep going back to the same locked doors over and over after getting another upgrade of some kind.

The game just didn’t hit me right and I love MVanias. The art was dope and that was it for me. Controls were bad and the map sucked for how few teleporters there were.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i have never heard of rival turf before and i must say that box art is some good poo poo

You'll be pleased to know there are more pictures from that photo shoot.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I'm looking forward to playing Turtles 3 on gameboy, I always heard it was real good

I enjoyed it back in the day, but never finished it. The game throws in a boss rush before the final boss with limited healing. And I never was good at those Mega Man-style boss fights in a cramped rooms to begin with. I should look up a longplay online just to see the ending after 20+ years! Edit: It's the kind of ending you'd expect from an early nineties 8-bit game.

repiv posted:

kirby died in a tragic emulation accident

The first time I emulated Kirby's Dream Land 3 either the emulator or hardware was lacking (probably had to do with that SA-1 chip) and the game ran at about 75% speed. I didn't notice it because of the audio, it's just that the gameplay felt off. Like Kirby had gotten super drunk and suddenly had to deal with the Moon's gravity.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 31, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Calidus posted:

The lack of gating is meant to give freedom, with the exception of Mercy Grave that's 100% meant to be the first you can go to the first 3 bosses in any order. I usually even ignore the bosses and head back to the first church just to unlock rosary upgrades early, and doing any area boosts you with the health/sword upgrades to make them easier.

Rolo posted:

I got to what I’m assuming is the last area and just quit. Deleted my save so I don’t keep going back to the same locked doors over and over after getting another upgrade of some kind.

The game just didn’t hit me right and I love MVanias. The art was dope and that was it for me. Controls were bad and the map sucked for how few teleporters there were.

I'm curious how since the main way has 0 ability locks of any kind, every movement upgrade is for further upgrades, spells, bones and such.

The map and fast travel I'll agree: they really should have had the bonfires be fast travel frm the start and not gate it behind a fuckton of donations in DLC content. Or have put more teleporter rooms in the first place.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

KICK SOME YOU-KNOW-WHAT!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1531621527661297664

please be better than legends arceus

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I hate to be that guy but it needs to be miles ahead of it. I got so disappointed once the main story loop set in, coupled with the island being divided into fenced in, teleportation-required mini maps.

It’s hard to believe it came out in the same decade as Elden Ring. It’s not a hardware thing, BotW blew it out of the water and that was in 2017.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I like to throw balls at the monsters and then the monsters go inside the balls

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Pokemon should be more like Dark Souls.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Pokémon die yards are so weird, be a little critical and they jump out like you assaulted their mother

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm not going to buy another normal Pokemon game until they make what child-me thought Pokemon Stadium combat would be.

I'm not unreasonable!

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Monster Rancher combat?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just wanna take direct control of the monster and run around doing my flips and tricks.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Inzombiac posted:

Just wanna take direct control of the monster and run around doing my flips and tricks.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/pokken-tournament-dx-switch/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

But in an openish world!!!!!!!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

Pokemon is stored inside the balls

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

You got your rhythm goin' now?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Pokémon die yards are so weird, be a little critical and they jump out like you assaulted their mother

did someone in this thread just do this?/are you referring to a specific cultural event that we should all know? or just talking into the poké-void?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dr. Shithead posted:

did someone in this thread just do this?/are you referring to a specific cultural event that we should all know? or just talking into the poké-void?

Yes but this thread does it for everything so Pokémon is not special in that regard

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Dr. Shithead posted:

always ignore them, they're a giant loving moron

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The problem is there's too much of the other extreme, where people are constantly complaining about everything Pokemon and how poo poo the recent games are. There are definitely flaws for sure, and Game Freak does cheap out considering how much money the franchise pulls in, but god drat, there's a reason I don't read the Pokemon thread here, it's just so loving miserable.

Speaking of self-hating fanbases...

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1531666944826363905

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

An Actual Princess posted:

Lol see really, really weird. It’s so pathetic

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Waffle! posted:

Pokemon is stored inside the balls

Good thread title.

Count me in as also being disappointed in Arceus. I already had pretty low expectations for it, which I suppose it met. Poor performance and visuals, boring gameplay loop. Felt like a Steam early access title.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

And I, when just the opposite happens

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
I got up to 96% in Kirby. I've got all 300 Waddle Dees, 300 pieces of Leon's soul, all of level 1-3 figurines, maxed out stage, all blueprints fully evolved.

I can only really think of the final cup in the colloseum. Seems a lot to be 4% (I know it'll unlock some figurines & movies) but it must be enough unless I've got to meet target times on treasure road or upgrade the weapons fully (which seems like it'd take a few hours of colloseum grinding).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sad Panda posted:

I got up to 96% in Kirby. I've got all 300 Waddle Dees, 300 pieces of Leon's soul, all of level 1-3 figurines, maxed out stage, all blueprints fully evolved.

I can only really think of the final cup in the colloseum. Seems a lot to be 4% (I know it'll unlock some figurines & movies) but it must be enough unless I've got to meet target times on treasure road or upgrade the weapons fully (which seems like it'd take a few hours of colloseum grinding).

Have you been using the Gacha machines in Waddle Dee Town? I think there’s a few figurines you can only get from them

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

You got your rhythm goin' now?

LuckyCat posted:

Good thread title.

Count me in as also being disappointed in Arceus. I already had pretty low expectations for it, which I suppose it met. Poor performance and visuals, boring gameplay loop. Felt like a Steam early access title.

I totally get this and kinda agree with all the critiques but still had a ton of fun with the game. I’m not one to give much of a care to performance that isn’t game breaking, i played the entire game on handheld and defo didn’t feel inhibited by the performance, but i do understand where people come from when laying them down on arceus. The game play loop was generally meh and having to go back and forth between the main hub and all the locations defo got annoying, but after you get through the 40hr tutorial and finally get the bird for mobility (maybe i took a lot longer to do this than most?) I started to have so much fun with sneaking-stunning-catching loop. The storm/multiple massive outbreak mechanic and the time distortion randomness made the sneaking and stunning stuff harder/more fun for me. I definitely liked that the battling was totally ancillary to the game if you didn’t really want to engage with it (for the most part) but i spent most my time getting sticky globs and the better balls to put the pokes in- after the tutorial that is. Also trying to catch far away flying pokes was p neat too. Trying to catch those four storm cloud ding-dongs was also tricky at times, i enjoyed the difficulty spike that seemed like it came out of no where.

that’s my super agro defense of a pokémon game, that i enjoyed playing for 70hrs.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Sad Panda posted:

Did you do the mini games in town? They also count towards 100%

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I've heard mostly positive things about Arceus from my normal friends.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Maxing out gacha gives you 2%, also need to do all the colosseum stuff. Grinding the weapon upgrades is not required, nor are the times for the treasure road (I don't have them and I have 100%)

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

My friends that have played Arceus have sad it’s a lot of fun at first, but when the gameplay loop settles in the fun kind of disappears. The consensus seems to be “worth playing but not for $60.” Which means it’ll never be worth playing because it will never go on sale.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

When does the normal E3 stuff happen, mid June? I assume that's when we'll be getting a direct and treehouse whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I always associate June 6-10 with E3, but I don’t know if those dates correct or not.