Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Gumball Gumption posted:

America is a minority controlled country is also American civics 101. It's baked into every conversation we have about politics if this thread isn't enough of an example. Everything is theory since we know at the end of the day the answer is "whoops sorry never enough votes for good things".

This thread is full of leftists calling each other liberals, it's not really a great sample of the discourse.

Talking about America being a minority rule country isn't really mainstream or "civics 101" to most Americans and it deserves more space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jaxyon posted:

This thread is full of leftists calling each other liberals, it's not really a great sample of the discourse.

Talking about America being a minority rule country isn't really mainstream or "civics 101" to most Americans and it deserves more space.

I learned it in grade school but this is American education we're talking about.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I learned it in grade school but this is American education we're talking about.

I didn't learn anything remotely true about US history until AP US history in Junior Year high school and a lot of parents were mad at that teacher

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jaxyon posted:

I didn't learn anything remotely true about US history until AP US history in Junior Year high school and a lot of parents were mad at that teacher

Woof, that's rough. At least up here in the North East we got the basic info about the constitution being set up to balance things so that rural and urban had similar vote weights even though different population counts lived there. It's not presented in a good or bad light but it's presented as being important. It does also come up like every presidential election cycle now since the popular vote so rarely wins these days.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

Woof, that's rough. At least up here in the North East we got the basic info about the constitution being set up to balance things so that rural and urban had similar vote weights even though different population counts lived there. It's not presented in a good or bad light but it's presented as being important. It does also come up like every presidential election cycle now since the popular vote so rarely wins these days.

That was in the northeast. Just a rural farming school district

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jaxyon posted:

In my AP US History course the teacher gave us this simple mnemonic to remember the three major axis players of Germany, Italy, and Japan: PIG

He was serious

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jaxyon posted:

That was in the northeast. Just a rural farming school district

lol same.

So yeah, Americans are filled with propaganda at a young age but none of it's orchestrated, it's just whatever your local PE teacher remembers from the cold war stuff they fed him 30 years ago.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Rigel posted:

If you want to say that you don't think the Democrats will successfully get the votes together in congress to pass a bill to pack the court, then thats one thing but a quick google search shows that this sentence is just completely flat-out wrong.

We know that around 1.5 years ago that Biden was against packing the Supreme Court. I haven't seen any news stories stating he's done a 180 on this position.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/13/923213582/biden-says-hes-not-a-fan-of-expanding-the-supreme-court

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Because of how they calculate Medicare premiums, people are going to get gouged this year because of a 40k/year infusion medicine for Alzheimer’s that doesn’t work

https://twitter.com/statnews/status/1531652052518154240?s=21&t=jh0XamSN919ecpLwt57Pgg

quote:

Aducanumab was approved for medical use in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in June 2021, in a controversial decision that led to the resignation of three advisers to the FDA in the absence of evidence that the drug is effective. The FDA stated that it represents a first-of-its-kind treatment approved for Alzheimer's disease and that it is the first new treatment approved for Alzheimer's since 2003. Aducanumab's approval is controversial due to ambiguous clinical trial results surrounding its efficacy. In November 2020, a panel of outside experts for the FDA concluded that a pivotal study of aducanumab failed to show "strong evidence" that the drug worked, citing questionable efficacy and multiple "red flags" found with the data analysis. Nevertheless, the drug was approved under the FDA's accelerated approval pathway, and the FDA requires Biogen to perform a follow-up study to see if the drug helps treat symptoms of Alzheimer's.

Their proof that it works is a 0.5 point average increase on a MOCA examination which is a screening test for dementia.

The test is scored 0-30.

Donepezil which has been around forever and is inexpensive gives a 1.0 increase.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DarkCrawler posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/30/us-mass-shootings-will-continue-until-the-majority-can-overrule-the-minority

Repeat with every issue. The left needs leaders who will talk about nothing else but this. Instead of trying to explain economics and appeal to material needs, use something simpler - you're disenfranchised. Works with African Americans as far as being a reliable voting block, let's have it work for everyone who isn't an fascist and lives in an urban area.

I mean, when I read a graf like this:

quote:

One of the staggeringly disturbing things about the American right wing is that it is a cult manipulated by corporations and vested interests profiting mightily off its obsessions.

and then think of how corporations & vested interests profiting mightily have stopped everything from our joining the rest of the world in treating healthcare as a human right to neutering anti-monopoly regulations to every other area of regulatory capture, I don't think of it in terms of an obsessed right wing as much as I think of special interests & their bipartisan grip on our government.

I'm all for calling out this perversion, but I don't see how electing more Dems will enfranchise people when the underlying rot is bought-and-sold politics. If it's just guns you're worried about, when 80,000 Americans die each year for being uninsured & underinsured, then go for it, but don't expect to not be called out for tunnel vision on majority sentiments vs. endemic political corruption.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Rigel posted:

If you want to say that you don't think the Democrats will successfully get the votes together in congress to pass a bill to pack the court, then thats one thing but a quick google search shows that this sentence is just completely flat-out wrong.

What are the current legislative proposals that have been introduced in Congress to pack the Court?

eta: And what are their co-sponsorship & legislative status?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Because of how they calculate Medicare premiums, people are going to get gouged this year because of a 40k/year infusion medicine for Alzheimer’s that doesn’t work

https://twitter.com/statnews/status/1531652052518154240?s=21&t=jh0XamSN919ecpLwt57Pgg

Their proof that it works is a 0.5 point average increase on a MOCA examination which is a screening test for dementia.

The test is scored 0-30.

Donepezil which has been around forever and is inexpensive gives a 1.0 increase.

We already did get hosed; the increase to Part B premiums kicked in on Jan. 1, but now it won't be reversed or rebated.

This is another step in the bipartisan effort to fully privatize Medicare, bc the higher the Part B premiums, the more lower-income olds will move to Medicare Advantage plans (which are neither Medicare nor an Advantage).

Former Blue Cross lobbyist & ACA author Liz Fowler, whom Biden appointed to continue "Trump's" privatization scheme of sanctioning hedge-fund backed Direct Contracting Entities for Medicare, has vowed to get rid of traditional Medicare by 2030.

I never thought I'd see Medicare turned into crappy ACA-like plans rather than the crappy ACA plans turn into Medicare for All, but I underestimated the willingness of voters to go along with bullshit as long as Team Blue is the one proposing and/or continuing it.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

i'm confused as to why you're trying to defend the system designed to prevent the public from actually having an impact. even beyond the "well, they didn't force anyone", this is completely ignorant of the chilling effects of said undemocratic processes

the superdelegate system allowed the establishment to constantly call into question "electability", because any non-establishment candidate was at an immediate disadvantage both in literal numbers, but also in the resulting apathy. why bother voting or participating in our supposed democracy if the establishment has already signaled that their unelected sect of delegates won't respect actual voters?

again, to quote the actual people of the party,

and it had the exact results that were intended: used to call into question the viability of anyone other than the party's chosen:

trump also didn't obliterate everyone else. trumpo didn't actually win any with >50% of the vote in any state primary until new york, after almost everyone else (other than kasich and cruz) had finally dropped out and endorsed him. early primaries where he started collecting wins were relatively close, often 30-40%

trump was not some sort of super genius or electoral god, the gop was just too busy eating its own to notice that the clown was winning until it was too late.

If you can blame your candidate's loss on the media reporting that they're trailing in the primary by slightly more than they actually are, then you do not have an overwhelmingly popular candidate. My entire argument is that a candidate who is actually overwhelmingly popular among the voter base does not get sunk by party meddling or media bias.

All the petty excuses you're making - the field-clearing, the lukewarm media reception, the drop-outs, and more - ultimately boil down to the fact that Bernie was an extremely precarious candidate who didn't have broad public backing. If Bernie was more popular, none of that poo poo would have mattered.

Regardless, it's petty to whine about! If someone wants to be the President of the United States, then they need to be able to handle the media. If you want to be the President of the United States, then they need to be able to handle the possibility that their opponents from the same ideological group might decide to work together. Anti-establishment progressives are hardly the only candidates that face these issues!

Trump pulling 30-40% in early primaries is pretty remarkable when you consider that in 2020, despite having four years to prepare, previous campaign experience, and a much more open field, Bernie usually hovered in the 20-30% range. In the eighteen state primaries on or before Super Tuesday in 2020, Bernie only broke 30% in six of them, and only broke 40% in two of them (one of which was his home state). Meanwhile, Trump broke 30% in all but four of them in 2016.

As for the GOP response to Trump's campaign, it's not that they didn't realize he was winning - it's that they were totally confident that he'd eventually jam his foot far enough down his mouth to totally alienate his base and sink his campaign. Since they were sure he'd self-destruct all on his own, they didn't feel the need to clash with him head-on. Moreover, because his base was so large, his opponents tended to tack towards his positions in hopes that they'd be able to scoop up his supporters after his inevitable flameout. At the time, it was an understandable stance; it's only in hindsight that it looks ridiculous.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

If you can blame your candidate's loss on the media reporting that they're trailing in the primary by slightly more than they actually are, then you do not have an overwhelmingly popular candidate. My entire argument is that a candidate who is actually overwhelmingly popular among the voter base does not get sunk by party meddling or media bias.

All the petty excuses you're making - the field-clearing, the lukewarm media reception, the drop-outs, and more - ultimately boil down to the fact that Bernie was an extremely precarious candidate who didn't have broad public backing. If Bernie was more popular, none of that poo poo would have mattered.

Regardless, it's petty to whine about! If someone wants to be the President of the United States, then they need to be able to handle the media. If you want to be the President of the United States, then they need to be able to handle the possibility that their opponents from the same ideological group might decide to work together. Anti-establishment progressives are hardly the only candidates that face these issues!

Trump pulling 30-40% in early primaries is pretty remarkable when you consider that in 2020, despite having four years to prepare, previous campaign experience, and a much more open field, Bernie usually hovered in the 20-30% range. In the eighteen state primaries on or before Super Tuesday in 2020, Bernie only broke 30% in six of them, and only broke 40% in two of them (one of which was his home state). Meanwhile, Trump broke 30% in all but four of them in 2016.

As for the GOP response to Trump's campaign, it's not that they didn't realize he was winning - it's that they were totally confident that he'd eventually jam his foot far enough down his mouth to totally alienate his base and sink his campaign. Since they were sure he'd self-destruct all on his own, they didn't feel the need to clash with him head-on. Moreover, because his base was so large, his opponents tended to tack towards his positions in hopes that they'd be able to scoop up his supporters after his inevitable flameout. At the time, it was an understandable stance; it's only in hindsight that it looks ridiculous.

You are conflating the media being uninterested in certain candidates vs. actively hindering a candidate. I'm not going to defend Bernie's incompetence but there's a massive difference between the media's reaction to him compared to a nobody empty suit (but with agreeable policies) like Swalwell.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bishyaler posted:

Leftists have been talking about this but okay, let's carry this plan of action through to its logical conclusion. We get them really mad.... and then what?

...they vote?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

NV & AZ will be Democratic losses. At best, there will be 49 D senators + Sinema/Manchin, and I doubt that Wisconsin is gettable, given that Biden's approval rating there is 20 pts. underwater.

eta:

Wait, Johnson's more than -20 in approvals among Wisconsin voters? Do you have a source for that? Because it's unlikely the GOP wouldn't run a challenger against him if that's the case.

Cook's disagrees with you on the likelihood of those Senate races.

As for Johnson's polling numbers:

quote:

The most recent Marquette Law School poll finds: “Johnson is seen favorably by 36% and unfavorably by 46%, while 14% say they haven’t heard enough and 4% say they don’t know.” The poll also found: “Thirty-nine percent [of voters] say ‘cares about people like me’ describes Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, 50% say it does not describe him, and 11% say they don’t know.” (Prior to the 2016 election, 43 percent said he cares about people like them and 39 percent said he did not.)

The poll is hardly an outlier. A Morning Consult poll earlier this year had Johnson’s approval rating at 36 percent. Fifty-one percent of voters disapprove of his performance, including 56 percent of independents.

Meanwhile, the same poll found approval of the way President Joe Biden is handling his job as president is 43%, while disapproval is 53%.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
There's low-information voters, and then there's no-information voters.

https://twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1531651480180121603?s=20&t=IH-Db7AUGakpGcCjgnbzJQ

EDIT:

Newsom posted this, but if it's something new I was unable to find details:

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1531715464404946945?s=20&t=IH-Db7AUGakpGcCjgnbzJQ

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 31, 2022

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/raicestxunion/status/1531696899572518913?s=21&t=T27sAAKUVAKeU3xIz6VDUw

It would be great if we could get these liberal board members to stop acting like unionization is the worst thing that could happen to them, because a disempowered and defeated group of activists is a much, much worse outcome.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

DarkCrawler posted:

...they vote?

The whole problem is the undemocratic nature of our government and your solution is to swim upstream with electoralism to attempt to get change? If you want a Constitutional Amendment you need 3/4ths of Congress, and you need it at a time when voting rights have been sabotaged at the state level and an indeterminate (but significant) number of Democrats have revealed they love corporate money more than progress. You're talking about the biggest sea-change in political history, its effectively wishing for a mostly/all blue America.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dick Trauma posted:

Newsom posted this, but if it's something new I was unable to find details:

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1531715464404946945?s=20&t=IH-Db7AUGakpGcCjgnbzJQ

This appears to be existing multimillion dollar program that's part of his agenda/related legislation. I don't have a clear sense of efficacy on the different legislative items involved.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Bishyaler posted:

The whole problem is the undemocratic nature of our government and your solution is to swim upstream with electoralism to attempt to get change? If you want a Constitutional Amendment you need 3/4ths of Congress, and you need it at a time when voting rights have been sabotaged at the state level and an indeterminate (but significant) number of Democrats have revealed they love corporate money more than progress. You're talking about the biggest sea-change in political history, its effectively wishing for a mostly/all blue America.

Yah that doesn't seem likely.

Your solution was what exactly?

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 31, 2022

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

DarkCrawler posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/30/us-mass-shootings-will-continue-until-the-majority-can-overrule-the-minority

Repeat with every issue. The left needs leaders who will talk about nothing else but this. Instead of trying to explain economics and appeal to material needs, use something simpler - you're disenfranchised. Works with African Americans as far as being a reliable voting block let's have it work for everyone who isn't an fascist and lives in an urban area.

Good Lord. No, it doesn't "work with African Americans", no one needs to tell black people we're disenfranchised (least of all The Democratic loving Party), we already loving know it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, black people are the most practical voters you will ever meet in your life. It's why, for example, (much to Progressive's hilarious surprise) black Democrats support "Defund the Police" less than white Democrats.

Smh, the Democrats will never understand black voters, and as long as they aren't Republicans, they don't need to.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

There are right-wing Dems who constantly whine that Biden’s agenda was ‘too ambitious’ or that it was hijacked by the progressives or some other nonsense

Completely ignoring that it was ‘moderates’ like the ‘Problem Solvers Caucus’ or Manchin/Sinema that killed BBB

Nobody really views Manchin or Sinema as moderates, though someone might be forgiven for thinking at one time that Sinema would be otherwise.

If obstructionism were that popular of a position, more senators would be doing it. As it is, Sinema is in danger of getting primaried. This is a world of difference from the pre-2010 midterms era.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Wait please correct me if I misunderstanding- the undemocratic systems in the US, the political parties themselves, the way the media influences elections, the political machines in particular cities and states, the way money influences electoral politics and elected candidates are the fault of those who don't turn out to vote to try to change this?

If that is what is being expressed, that's some circular logic to blame those with the least power and influence.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Oracle posted:

Cook's disagrees with you on the likelihood of those Senate races.

As for Johnson's polling numbers:

Meanwhile, the same poll found approval of the way President Joe Biden is handling his job as president is 43%, while disapproval is 53%.

Thanks! Cook's has both NV & AZ as toss-ups (as does the Politico forecaster), but I'm pretty secure in calling them as losses.

Here's the latest Civiqs breakdown by party of Biden's approval in Wisconsin:

Marquette's finding -10 approvals for Biden in the state, but I don't think that's auspicious for the Dem senatorial candidate, either. My hunch is that PA will be the sole Dem pickup, barring any massive happening or changes.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

They really must have hosed up to just brazenly try to cover up like this:

https://twitter.com/aaronkatersky/status/1531741990026629131?s=21&t=lVhiHlXq9LBUW699ZRaC0A

It came out today the teacher they were trying to smear as leaving the door open 1. First reported the guy crashing his car 2. Secured the door.

Abolish now.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

-Blackadder- posted:

Good Lord. No, it doesn't "work with African Americans", no one needs to tell black people we're disenfranchised (least of all The Democratic loving Party), we already loving know it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, black people are the most practical voters you will ever meet in your life. It's why, for example, (much to Progressive's hilarious surprise) black Democrats support "Defund the Police" less than white Democrats.

Smh, the Democrats will never understand black voters, and as long as they aren't Republicans, they don't need to.

It's the same thing that the Democratic Party does with Latinos, women & other constituencies. As the party becomes more insular & dependent on Clinton/Obama policy & administrative retreads, it also becomes more out of touch with voters' concerns.

I cracked up reading that NBCNews story about Biden's bafflement at his low approvals, because it was suggested they'd be turning things around by switching out Ron Klain for... fresh new face Anita Dunn.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cranappleberry posted:

Wait please correct me if I misunderstanding- the undemocratic systems in the US, the political parties themselves, the way the media influences elections, the political machines in particular cities and states, the way money influences electoral politics and elected candidates are the fault of those who don't turn out to vote to try to change this?

If that is what is being expressed, that's some circular logic to blame those with the least power and influence.

You say that the media influences "elections" and money influences "electoral politics", but that's not quite right. The media influences people. Money influences people. Everyone involved in a political system, all the politicians and voters and lobbyists, are all people.

When the media "influences an election", what that really means is that the voters decided that talking head on the TV was more convincing and trustworthy than you are.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

selec posted:

https://twitter.com/aaronkatersky/status/1531741990026629131?s=21&t=lVhiHlXq9LBUW699ZRaC0A

It came out today the teacher they were trying to smear as leaving the door open 1. First reported the guy crashing his car 2. Secured the door.

Abolish now.
They've lied about everything so far, so yeah, not a shock

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

You say that the media influences "elections" and money influences "electoral politics", but that's not quite right. The media influences people. Money influences people. Everyone involved in a political system, all the politicians and voters and lobbyists, are all people.

When the media "influences an election", what that really means is that the voters decided that talking head on the TV was more convincing and trustworthy than you are.

If you're taught that the sky is green your entire life, if everything you interact with insists that the sky is green, does that make it your fault for thinking the sky is green? Because that's what's currently happening, we're trying to fight back against all these things that tell Americans our system of government is not only the best there is but it's pretty much perfect and nothing needs to change and basic observation skills will tell you that it's not true. Yet that's the general American consensus for multiple generations now, we're the shining beacon on a hill.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1531714359466024963

Uh, so there is some discussion about reducing the purported inflation impact of the possible means-tested student loan debt cancellation by restarting payments. This would be a tremendous own-goal if the Biden admin does it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the dream of the Biden administration was that he'd get in charge and then behold, in the absence of Trump's incompetence all the problems would just kind of recede into the background again. to quote Biden from back before his aides had to retcon every word coming out of his mouth, 'the fever has to break. It has to.'

in one bizarre way it's the perfect successor to the Obama years: the president figured that through the act of being elected he would heal the country, and then discovered to his horror that wait, poo poo, all the problems are still there, and worse, those disgusting plebs expect me to try to solve them. don't they know I ran on my proud refusal to do that?

And a hug part of the problem is that "normal" or getting back to it was going to poo poo to begin with.

WRT to Obama, I can chalk some of it up to naivete and inexperience. I genuinely believe he was surprised that the GOP would not only not work with him, but actively attempt to gently caress him up. He truly frightened the Republican, aside from his race which was enough of a shock, and they were terrified of his charisma, popularity and ability to communicate. All the birth certificate and secret Muslim poo poo was stuff that nobody in the GOP establishment honestly believed but happily allowed to fester. The last thing they needed, from their viewpoint, or wanted, was for him to actually be successful at loving anything. Dude was wildly charismatic and a maser orator. The fact that he was black only added to his opponent's fear.

They said as much from the outset; That they would block anything he tried and wanted him to fail.

Biden is just...not Trump but that doesn't mean poo poo to most of the country right now. Nobody with a functioning brain pinned any sort of hope or optimism to Joe Biden, who won largely on nothing more than name recognition, not really having to campaign due to Covid and, again, simply not being Donald Trump; an historically unpopular president that Joe has somehow managed to top. Or bottom.

You know what I mean.

I don't see another Obama on our bench.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
Re: Bump stocks.

It was bad because it left out all the other firearm items that "skirt" the intent of the NFA.

Eg. All the gimmick triggers out there, eg. binary trigger kits and rotary triggers.

If you are going to ban an item that increases fire rate easily, you might as well get them all (And before someone mentions using a belt, well yeah I'm talking about actual items sold to be added onto firearms]

At least until someone figures out they can get full auto speeds out of those for a few hundred and do a mass shooting with those. Then I guess they'll ban those.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

selec posted:

Abolish now.

Do you have a source on this? This is the first I heard of this and would like to read more into it.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Zotix posted:

Do you have a source on this? This is the first I heard of this and would like to read more into it.

ABC reporter tweeting about it:

https://twitter.com/joshmargolin/status/1531761425634541569?s=21&t=SVXHGOfvmfpuj5lCiulN-Q

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
NBC is also reporting it.

Uvalde school police chief hasn't responded for 2 days to Texas investigators about shooting https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-school-police-chief-hasnt-responded-2-days-state-investigators-u-rcna31343

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

The cops definitely killed some of those kids themselves.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Zophar posted:

The cops definitely killed some of those kids themselves.

Probably. But don't underestimate how hard cops will fuckup simply taking responsibility for doing nothing

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah the police's response (or lack thereof) seems to indicate they shot some kids themselves. The question then is how many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

They aren't used to being held accountable. And this one in particular, who apparently just got elected to city council, faces the unhappy prospect of his political ambitions being murdered in the crib much like the children he didn't think were worth the risk to his fellow cops.