Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

DrunkPanda posted:

HAHAHA WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! How was that not offsides?! I wasn't even excited when I saw Makar bury that live, because I was convinced he was offsides

koharski said it was offside, therefore it was onside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
the more you know dot gif

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Did Colorado get away with another blatant offside goal like that lolworthy goal Duchene scored like 5 seasons ago?

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Someone please post the 'wave me off ref' gif

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That's one of those plays if it's blown offsides nobody bats an eye

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The goal was too funny to be disallowed

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
How can you ever have offsides when atoms are never physically touching??

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
If Yamamoto lifted his stick during that split second to cause a momentary loss of possessionI'd say, 'yeah, he didn’t have possession, good goal.' But seriously lmao at that call.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Albino Squirrel posted:

Someone please post the 'wave me off ref' gif

lol please do

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

beat u

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Offsides is now a philosophical state of mind.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Made a tribute 2 u

E:seriously

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

of course it probably won't matter a whole lot in the eventual 15-12 final score

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The more i see this the more mad i get

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Tochiazuma posted:

of course it probably won't matter a whole lot in the eventual 15-12 final score

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Nah, its a clown call

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Le Saboteur posted:

Offsides is now a philosophical state of mind.

The idealogy of offside

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what's the most goals in a playoff series, i'm too lazy to search

i assume flyers-pens 2012 was way up there

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

You’re getting punk’d

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wow that was easy

https://records.nhl.com/records/playoff-team-records/most-goals/most-goals-both-teams-one-series-playoff

flyers-pens off by a bit

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

we are through one period and 7% of the way to breaking the record

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
avs 3
oilers 2
mcdavid comparisons to gretzky 7

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

fermun posted:

koharski said it was offside, therefore it was onside.

This is the only explanation that makes sense :hai:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Omg stop showing that goal you're harshing my buzz

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

It would be so cool if this reaches fifty goals for the series, but I doubt it.... Teams are really good at gumming up the neutral after high scoring periods.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Pretty crazy that the top 3 only went 6 games

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

MoaM posted:

Nah, its a clown call

Eh. I think it’s a good call.

The NHL Rulebook posted:

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with the blue line, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leading edge of the blue line. On his own side of the line shall be defined by a “plane” of the blue line which shall extend from the leading edge of the blue line upwards. If a player’s skate has yet to break the “plane” prior to the puck completely crossing the leading edge, he is deemed to be on-side for the purpose of the off-side rule.

At the moment Nichushkin tags up, Makar is also in an onside position. It was onside, and also hilarious.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Omg stop showing that goal you're harshing my buzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi0_jBHObqs

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

The Avs are apparently allergic to preventing the opposing team from scoring last minute goals. But as long as we keep scoring right afterwards, I guess that's ok :shobon:

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Did Evander Kane just refer to the 1st period as the 3rd period? :psyduck: . Also where is his jersey?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

nhl with their very own tuck rule, rad. awesome.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DrunkPanda posted:

Did Evander Kane just refer to the 1st period as the 3rd period? :psyduck: . Also where is his jersey?
sold it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

That would be a horrible call in real-time, how the hell does video review uphold it? What are they watching over there?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

waffle enthusiast posted:

Eh. I think it’s a good call.

At the moment Nichushkin tags up, Makar is also in an onside position. It was onside, and also hilarious.

So he changed the puck's direction and literally did not touch it until the offensive zone was clear?

That's what I'm reading.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DrunkPanda posted:

Lost a bet

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

MoaM posted:

So he changed the puck's direction and literally did not touch it until the offensive zone was clear?

That's what I'm reading.

Yes. By the time the puck was touched in Edmonton's zone all the Avalanche were in an onside position and it's insane and lol, but technically correct the best kind.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

MoaM posted:

That's what I'm reading.

Yes. Go watch it again.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
KADRI!