Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I did Master Duality last night as Nightstalker hunter (since I'm not insane and dont have my artifact at like 15 to get classy restoration) and let me loving tell you that dungeon is ROUGH for anything that isn't Titan Loreley bullshit. It was me (100 res) and 2 titans and I basically did some add clear, focused on the void bellkeepers, and picked up rezzes while invisible. That said, the encounters, even at master were pretty fun outside of one thing:

gently caress the bellkeepers. gently caress 'em. There's some glitchy bullshit with them. Their knockback/physics wonkery got me killed by architects more than any other attack during the run. I would get to them, get 1 of the two, then I would loving EXPLODE lunging at the 2nd one. And not from them exploding. That said, the explosion was a risk I was willing to make because I could take The Enigma, pop shields, poke them twice then finish them off to fall back to invisibility and repeat. I was basically stealth finishing anything and everything I could while the titans just did loreley sounds and spewed fire everywhere.

Got some nice artifice armor but forgot to switch the ghost mod from mobility to resilience :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I do feel bad for Hunters, who now have to split their stats across Mobility, Resilience, and Recovery. With the way the stat pools work I’m finding it practically impossible to get armor that has 100 in just the latter two.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t think hunters, or really anyone, cares about Recovery anymore. You can either just blink out of existence and drop all Aggro while invisibly sprinting across the map, OR you can just trigger instant double Restoration on dodge and heal yourself instantly on demand while also rocking 40% DR.

If I had 100 Mobility//100 Resilienceon my hunter I’d be dancing in the goddam streets.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

I do feel bad for Hunters, who now have to split their stats across Mobility, Resilience, and Recovery. With the way the stat pools work I’m finding it practically impossible to get armor that has 100 in just the latter two.

On the other hand, I do feel pretty good about Classy Restoration turning you into a tanky monstrosity and Blade Barrage being a goddamned apocalypse button.

Legit hope they don’t nerf Resilience or Restoration today. It’s powerful but it’s also very fun and you do have to make a significant effort to build for them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah with classy restoration recovery is not needed like at all. You just have to, you know, get classy restoration first. Should be this week for me!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ponzicar posted:

Load into the Annex travel point, by drifter. It's much faster.
I've found this consistently works. It's further to travel obviously, but at least you can loving land.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Duality is fun but buggy as gently caress. The amount of deaths to the Architects was easily 5x as many as normal deaths and we had multiple disconnects during the final boss

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Man Staccato is such a fun scout. I'd forgotten how much I missed popping heads by clapping at them from a distance.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Does Classy Restoration proc on all subclasses?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Stopped playing during forsaken and just started playing again and with all the additions/subtractions why the hell is Exodus Crash still in the game?

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Any update on how close we are to unlocking the last 4 solar fragments? Or did they unlock already?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

texaholic posted:

Stopped playing during forsaken and just started playing again and with all the additions/subtractions why the hell is Exodus Crash still in the game?

Nessus has too high a strike density to ever be put in the vault, bungie would lose too much content!

So have fun chasing those glowing cylinders until the end of time, guardian.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

xzzy posted:

Nessus has too high a strike density to ever be put in the vault, bungie would lose too much content!

So have fun chasing those glowing cylinders until the end of time, guardian.

It’s also part of the Divinity quest line. And probably a bunch of other poo poo.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Rift is just a boring sniper fest, I'll wait until Control comes back to go back to Iron Boner.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I had some fun with it but yeah, there’s a reason IB went to Control in the first place. The pacing for Rift is just really weird, too - love to have half of my time playing being load screens between goals.

The least they could have done is throw out some armor that doesn’t look like rear end.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

VanillaGorilla posted:

I had some fun with it but yeah, there’s a reason IB went to Control in the first place. The pacing for Rift is just really weird, too - love to have half of my time playing being load screens between goals.

The least they could have done is throw out some armor that doesn’t look like rear end.

The spawn timers are baffling, 10 seconds unless someone picks you up is insane, if most of the opposing team is dead then you can just moonwalk to their goal and the same to you if your team is all wiped out.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Everything I'm hearing is that this isn't D1 rift.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Get rid of Neutral Spark

Bring back Rift

This isn't that hard bungo lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

This new Iron Banner mode is extremely fun and well-designed, thank you Bungie!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1531753462446166017

F

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Not to worry, they fixed the most pressing issue in the game!

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1531753462446166017?s=21&t=glrKKW9cbRE5mBN5kEwM1g

efb

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I don’t know if I’ve ever once called for something to be nerfed but Classy Restoration has gotta go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mattavist posted:

I don’t know if I’ve ever once called for something to be nerfed but Classy Restoration has gotta go.

shut da gently caress up

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I get that respawns need to be long so that one side can actually build enough momentum to push, but goddamn if this version of IB isn't a slog.
There doesn't seem to be any kind of mercy rule either, so the one-sided stomp that often happens in IB takes way longer.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Mattavist posted:

It will in 3 months. Until then, how about we just let the game be fun?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ort posted:

Any update on how close we are to unlocking the last 4 solar fragments? Or did they unlock already?

gently caress no lol

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

PathAsc posted:

gently caress no lol

Speak of the devil…!

https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1531760423824932864?s=21&t=Zw6W69QYytqCY_Rs6_ljmw

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Mattavist posted:

They didn't nerf breach and clear, they didn't nerf particle deconstruction, they let crown-splitter be amazing with an interaction that wasn't intended, odds are pretty good they won't do anything to this mod during the actual season and just never bring it back again afterwards.

very carefully avoids eye contact with Suppressing Glaive mod

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What's the point of doing Iron Banner again? Rift is an absolutely wretched game mode. Also it's asking me to do a daily challenge, where do I find those?

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What's the point of doing Iron Banner again? Rift is an absolutely wretched game mode. Also it's asking me to do a daily challenge, where do I find those?

Daily Challenges are the things that are cleverly marked "challenge - weekly" when you mouse over the IB node on the crucible screen. Today it jusf seems to be complete a few matches.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm hoping simce it says 'weekly (1/4)' that I can just do a bunch of matches today and not touch it for the rest of the week.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm hoping simce it says 'weekly (1/4)' that I can just do a bunch of matches today and not touch it for the rest of the week.

That is the opposite of how it works, unfortunately.

Instead of 4 bounties you can pick up & grind, there is a new Daily Challenge available for the first four days to get you your 4 pinnacles per IB

Daily challenges: For the first four days of each Iron Banner week, Guardians will unlock a new daily challenge. These challenges unlock each day whether you complete them or not, so if you log in on Friday, you can do them all in succession if you want to. Rewards will also stack reputation bonuses for the remainder of the week alongside a Pinnacle Iron Engram. The weekly bounties that typically award Pinnacles have been deprecated appropriately to balance out this change.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think they forgot to tweak the Iron Lord title requirements when they dropped from 3 to 2 IBs per season

Getting Iron Lord will either take 2 characters or 2 seasons

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everyone that cares about titles plays three characters 60 hours a week anyways, so no big deal right?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The other PvP titles ask for multiple season too

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Didn’t they flat out say they didn’t intend for it to be completable in a single season?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Bungie posted:

To set expectations for this new Seal and title, Iron Lord hopefuls can expect to spend around 15 to 20 hours to unlock this flair. Some of the more hardcore players could unlock this in one week if focused, but we expect most players to need a second week – maybe even a second Season. Intrepid Iron Lords will be able to gild the title in Season 18.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51361

life_source fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 1, 2022

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

If you run all four challenges on three different characters this weekend you’ll have finished that

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

The other PvP titles ask for multiple season too

Only Unbroken required multiple seasons, and it's part of why they're retiring it.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

If you run all four challenges on three different characters this weekend you’ll have finished that

Yeah but it's just weird to have "multiple characters" be a requirement to get the seal done in one season or week. Bungie specifically, intentionally tries to avoid "multiple characters" being an advantage.

I think they forgot to drop it from 12 to 8 and will do so soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oh good, thanks Bungie for releasing a half-baked garbage Iron Banner with a Spark that randomly falls through the map. Wonderful job as always.