Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

tokin opposition posted:

i do not stan vought as a POC in power because i'm a strasserite and hate all minorities. less black billionaires!!! vote bernie 2024

i can't vote bernie like some raging, entitled maniac. that's a white man's luxury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Wheeee posted:

yes this is how most racism manifests

Yes, I know

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mu Zeta posted:

He speaks disparagingly of everyone. I mean that he doesn't actively hate any race more than any other, he just truly doesn't care about anyone. I'm not disputing that he's some nice guy since he is a psycho murderer that only cares about fame and money.

When Stormfront was talking about white genocide the look on his face was like "what the... this is quaint, I guess." He's beyond racism, he just hates every single person on the planet.

I saw the Maria Menounos scene as more of a joke about the Oscars from the writer rather than any real viewpoint from Homelander

Homelander despises weakness, and this here is correct in so far as that Homelander views everyone as weaker than him. But in a twisted way he thinks of victims of racism as even weaker, probably because he can't understand how they can't just become strong and fight back.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Homelander cares about himself, and his kid. The only reason he cares about his kid is cause it's his kid. He doesn't give a flying gently caress about anyone unless they can either improve his image or hurt his image, or they trip his mommy fetish/he wants to gently caress em.

Dude is a stone cold narcissistic sociopath. The only thing he cares about is being loved or adored by the public, which is at odds to his overall lack of giving a poo poo about anything or anyone. I don't think he's racist so much as he actively hates literally everyone. Even other supes are only barely tolerated by him, and then only show up on his radar if they can actually help his image. There's literally no one else on the planet that's on his level for him to worry about.

I'm honestly wondering when he's gonna snap cause when he does, holy gently caress is it gonna be amazingly ugly. Death toll in the potential millions level of ugly. He's already threatened to kill everyone when he thought he'd lose the adoration of the public.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Grendels Dad posted:

Homelander despises weakness, and this here is correct in so far as that Homelander views everyone as weaker than him. But in a twisted way he thinks of victims of racism as even weaker, probably because he can't understand how they can't just become strong and fight back.

Yeah this is 100% my read. Homelander just hates anyone who isn’t perfect, like he is. What is perfection? Well that’s kind of subjective, but he knows it when he sees it.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Wheeee posted:

it took this thread a bunch of pages to work out that stormfront was a nazi

but we'll get there!

Naw that was just one guy who was clearly himself a nazi and wouldn't shut up. The worst/best part of it was when he tried to act like the final reveal was this great, clever twist that they had been hiding.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Look we know she hates minorities, takes causal delight from being cruel to them. We know that she's originally from Nazi Germany, married a high ranking Nazi official and was in their super pilot program. All I'm saying is that it hasn't been established that she specifically was a card-carrying member of the German Nazi party. I am prepared to defend this asinine point for at least 20 pages.

:regd08:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is that guy still around? Who doubted it all?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That person was banned from this thread and IMHO it only makes this thread worse when people try to get in sick burns on them 2 years later

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

GD_American posted:

When did he say "mud people"? I remember all the other racist poo poo, but one of the touches I thought was neat was the out and out Nazi poo poo left him kinda befuddled (although obv by no means a dealbreaker for him)

From the last page but I just binged the series over the weekend, it was back in season 1, when he was confronting Starlight about dating Hughie. This was after the christian camp thing and Mesmer.

Also that nazi apologist was loving ridiculous. Before they started that whole tangent they said they had read the comic or at least the spoilers, so there's no loving way they didn't know what Stormfront was about.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

That person was banned from this thread and IMHO it only makes this thread worse when people try to get in sick burns on them 2 years later

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm not racist I hate everyone equally - a racist

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

https://youtu.be/X6QX_0tWp98

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
How can he be racist when black noir is one of his best friends??? Checkmate butchtards

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

christmas boots posted:

What if soldier boy is actually normally a decent fella but the process of being super just made him really unstable and prone to losing his poo poo

So he’s still dangerous but not because he’s an rear end in a top hat per se

What if Soldierboy is actually a totally normal.and decent human being, but his superpowers only work when he's acting like a raging rear end in a top hat.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't think Homelander is even racist. He just think he's better than everyone. I guess he also hates anyone disabled or with a deformity.

Homelander is the most non-racist person there is! He hates all races and creeds equally.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I hope they nail the "what if Captain America was an rear end in a top hat" vibe, because it worked extremely well in The Guest and it's a great hook.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I just read the last two pages of this thread after not looking at it since 2020 and got instant 'wait I remember that guy' whiplash.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 30, 2022

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6QX_0tWp98

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Question, for season 2 didn't they release the first two or three episodes at the same time, then weekly for the remainder of the season? Or maybe that was a different show that did that.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

It was an initial drop of three then weekly as I recall.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Narcissus1916 posted:

Its incredible how the creative team takes The Boys, a great but horrifically flawed series, and surgically extracts the best parts.

This and the Invincible show seem to have done good work adapting the material

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

j k simmons carries invincible hard

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
👉😡👈

THINK MARK, THINK!

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
It's just grand. I really hope they cut dinosaurus, his neverending plot was just painful.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Collateral posted:

It's just grand. I really hope they cut dinosaurus, his neverending plot was just painful.

I wouldn't call it never ending. It was important though, and I hope they don't cut it - although it could be done in two short arcs.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Would goons be okay moving this conversation to the Invincible thread? (for reasons I hope are obvious)

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Whoa. This is giving me serious David Hasselhoff vibes, and I don't think that's just me.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Know what would make that even better? This:
https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1531652186320830469?s=20&t=GNa0nRd8HXOWXLRGtGKP6Q

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

This is magical.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

:911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the clash of the All American Assholes.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Had quite the giggle at "loving UNPROFESSIONAL"

Christian Bale will never hear the end of it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

As Nero Danced posted:

Question, for season 2 didn't they release the first two or three episodes at the same time, then weekly for the remainder of the season? Or maybe that was a different show that did that.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It was an initial drop of three then weekly as I recall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(TV_series)#Season_2_(2020)

Yes, first 3 episodes came out at once and then once per week. Which is also what they did for Wheel of Time, and probably all of their other shows?

I only caught this thread at the very tail end of Season 2 and it was fun watching it "live" with everyone. As someone who doesn't watch a lot of shows, this is definitely my Most Anticipated of the year :toot:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Iced coffee in 1984? Immersion ruined!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cheesus posted:

Iced coffee in 1984? Immersion ruined!

In the 80s that’s just the supe being really fuckin’ weird and no one asks questions because he might throw the cup through your brainpan as an answer.

just get the intern to put some ice cubes from craft services in the cup so we can get out of here and I stop fearing for my life Jesus Christ he’s drinking again.Okay take 57 from the top!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Iced coffee has been around forever.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

The basic iced coffee is going to go back hundreds of years yeah, it's simpler to prepare and more refreshing than a hot coffee. Maybe there's some Starbucks style that they didn't have the machines for or whatever but the concept of coffee syrup mixed with cold water or milk wasn't beyond people in the 80s.

You can make the syrup yourself with a spoon and a mug (or a strain if it's ground coffee) and then it'll perfectly mix into cold liquid.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Vintersorg posted:

it won't be for long... thanks 2 global warming