Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

loving lol, literally put it up after I double checked and started typing my reply

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I want everybody to stop doing them and never have this happen again. But they won't because all the info is always on Twitter and not in the game

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'd have to say this is probably the weakest season since Joe Blackburn took over.

I can't believe they did all this development for Rift without realizing people would hate it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, seems like someone would realize it was a bad idea to make the everyone-into-the-pool multiplayer event into a mode that relies on teamwork and coordination, and then to take that mode and slow it down by making everyone spend most of their time either dead or running across the map

Also why on earth does it have a load point? None of the other round-based modes have load points

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Rift: They solved the spawn camping problem by introducing a run the clock down problem.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
There are only three maps for Iron Banner. One of them is convergence lmao. What an utter shitshow.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's at least one other map that's in the hopper but has a 0% weight for selection (Wormhaven)

I'm guessing they will have 1, 2 or 3 New Maps in Rift for next IB

I've played 20 games of Rift today and had a B L A S T

Play in a stack, hope to match other stacks, and it's ear to ear smiles the whole way down

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I played in a stack and we steamrolled most games that didn’t bug out. The most fun we had was spawn camping for a good 5 minutes until we got bored. The game mode isn’t fun.

The respawn is too long.
Rounds shouldn’t exist.
The spark can fall through the map on Bannerfall.

It’s half baked with no community input on development and it shows.

Edit:
Kill entire team, push mid, dunk. Because the respawn timer is so long it ends up being 20+ seconds for them to play once you dunk. 10 seconds for the respawn, then 10+ seconds for the new round.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 1, 2022

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I played a handful of matches after doing Weekly Story Time; maybe two actually got to one team having 5 points. The rest timed out, some in the second round. One match had the first round last so long nearly everyone had a super up by the time someone managed to dunk. I played enough to get Jorum's Howl to 25%, played two more matches and realized that the full kit of IB gear I was wearing had suddenly stopped counting towards that :shrug: Respawn is definitely too long, the black screen between rounds is awful, and if no one is stacking the mode is a pointless slog where everyone just takes turns dying with the spark so why is the freelance node even there? Might as well get stomped in regular queue and get it over with faster. It's not like actually getting kills progresses anything.

we're gonna have Nice Blue Uldren hanging around the HELM for the rest of the season if not the year huh

also crow is mega definitely going to be vanguard huh

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I do not understand why this mode goes to 5 with no mercy. 3 would be plenty.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Hey guys, come on, they are testing out a new game mode. Of course it's gonna have bugs.

It's not like they ever did this before. We're in totally uncharted territory with Rift in Bannerfall.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I continue to be confused by the pvp mode in my pve loot game

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

just lmao, all the people who've been in this thread hyping up Rift before this season

and it's just a bad CTF mode

(which is redundant because almost all CTF modes are bad)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

J.A.B.C. posted:

Hey guys, come on, they are testing out a new game mode. Of course it's gonna have bugs.

It's not like they ever did this before. We're in totally uncharted territory with Rift in Bannerfall.
Right, but they could have put it in the alt mode rotation with mayhem and momentum, instead of in the mainline seasonal activity. That way people who like it could stack up and go nuts. Forcing solo players to grind it out is horrible.

They should make up for it by giving us Iron Banner Mayhem for the rest of the season.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Right, but they could have put it in the alt mode rotation with mayhem and momentum, instead of in the mainline seasonal activity. That way people who like it could stack up and go nuts. Forcing solo players to grind it out is horrible.

They should make up for it by giving us Iron Banner Mayhem for the rest of the season.

I am sorry, I was being sarcastic.

They somehow made a D1 mode even worse than the D1 iteration. I just had a match that had one side score, the runner for our team reach their rift, and the spark just disappear from play. No one wanted to quit out and be punished for it, so we spent 7 minutes killing each other until the time ran out.

I like some of the changes, but this needed some more time in the oven.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Luckily for the complainers there isn’t really any loot worth chasing and mystifyingly no new armor so you can literally just… not play Iron Banner

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ 4 pinnacles a week at the start of the season, so not really. Hopefully I can do what I did yesterday, which is repeatedly jump off a cliff so the other team scores quickly. The only fun I had in the mode was one match where the spark fell through fhe map so we all just treated it like a normal round of clash.

It's bad. Like the people sending Liana Ruppert death threats over it are still [word Americans are scared of], but I'm not going to pretend its a good game mode.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 1, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Bobby Deluxe posted:

^^^ 4 pinnacles a week at the start of the season, so not really. Hopefully I can do what I did yesterday, which is repeatedly jump off a cliff so the other team scores quickly. The only fun I had in the mode was one match where the spark fell through fhe map so we all just treated it like a normal round of clash.

It's bad. Like the people sending Liana Ruppert death threats over it are still [word Americans are scared of], but I'm not going to pretend its a good game mode.

Hey man please don’t post about actively trolling your own team and griefing them to grind pinnacles, that’s kind of a dick move and there’s no reason to make the game worse for others just to make your # go up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Official Bungie position on Rift feedback: git gud

https://mobile.twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1531724639239479297

There would be no problem saying this about a mode positioned as an endgame challenge for experts with a fireteam requirement, but it seems like a big ask for a mode where every player is encouraged to jump in casually as part of the season calendar and almost nobody is on voice

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nah it's Destiny, only person that matters is me.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The thing is, some of the stuff is neat. I like how Rift places more of an emphasis on defensive play and map knowledge, and I imagine that it's good fun in a stack. But given that I went through five or six matches tonight (been busy) and I had one good match, one stomp, and three where there were problems picking up the spark, this mode feels like it needs a lot more refinement.

And that's fine! Iteration and improvement are how Bungie usually operates, and I imagine that this week's trial run is going to lead to some changes in the game mode before it rolls out into the rotation. Zone Control is probably going to go through the same process, if by a different route. And compared to some of Bungie's past Bungies, this is fairly simple.

I'll probably swing by it again this weekend if I can find a group to hop in with and coordinate.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Aztecross was using that Titan helmet that provides overshield on revive and it was absolutely carrying his team, I agree the mode is for strats & teamwork

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Wow this community blows

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That is really disgusting.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He says as he also admits to trolling his own team in the same post.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

E: yeah I'm being a knob but I'm treating the bad game mode with the respect it deserves.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 1, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: yeah I'm being a knob but I'm treating the bad game mode with the respect it deserves.

That's called not playing it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There's other pinnacles to do just dont loving play it if you hate it that much

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nah man, I want the pinnacles. No idea why you're getting so precious about it. It's a bad game mode and the shorter the matches the better.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
This week's plot beat is so loving stupid and corny

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Nah man, I want the pinnacles. No idea why you're getting so precious about it. It's a bad game mode and the shorter the matches the better.

You’re the one being a piece of poo poo about it, friend. Get a team or clan mates and stomp some pubs. It’ll be faster than losing and you’ll actually play the loving game while you’re at it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Really? It’s the one people have been asking for since Crow joined the vanguard, I’m stoked for it to finally be done!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I like how the nightmare of uldren is now just chilling in the helm like it's no big deal

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You’re the one being a piece of poo poo about it, friend. Get a team or clan mates and stomp some pubs. It’ll be faster than losing and you’ll actually play the loving game while you’re at it.
Honestly though why be so salty? It sounds like you play in a premade which means it doesn't affect you. And saying 'be the one doing the stomping' doesn't fix that the game mode is horribly unbalanced and almost every game is a stomp.

If you don't play in a team, the mode is absolutely dogshit, and me going for the objective, or jumping off a cliff, or shooting opponents, or emoting at a wall makes absolutely no difference to the objective. The first few games I honestly tried, and then by the third game I started jumping off the cliff because nothing I did mattered - even jumping off a cliff as it happens. So I started working on bounties instead because why the hell not?

Dip into the freeplay list for a match or two, it's absolutely awful. The game fundamentally doesn't work without a premade voice team, so me loving around has literally zero affect.

And saying "Just don't play it" when it's replaced normal Iron Banner, this early in the season when every pinnacle matters, and it's right there bugging me with a milestone and quest until I do it, all the devs are saying to play it, they've been advertising it for months, and there's an in game popup telling me to play it, i'm going to grind it out because the pinnacles help with the other game modes that I do like.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 1, 2022

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I agree with SkillUp's take that Rift seems like a really good competitive mode that they shoved into their "we want everybody to just jump on' in to PVP" event where the fit could not possibly be worse.

I'm sure it was a blast in their internal playtesting where they had premade teams or whatever but it absolutely sucks donkey dick to play solo/casually.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It was also the exact same mission as last week lol

This season is looking loving dire:
- just a totally miserable PvP experience
- terrible writing
- boring and repetitive season activity
- apparently just the same severance mission over and over
- a terribly designed dungeon that's full of bugs with lovely rewards
-a dungeon that you had to pay separately for if you didn't buy their price gouged, content-less expansion deluxe edition

Panderfringe fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 1, 2022

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yeah this is definitely a season for people who care more about plot advancement and character development than activity variety

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Deluxe editions are literally just Full Year of Destiny with a couple bucks of savings and a bonus gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I play Rift solo freelance with no comms and it’s fun. rez your teammates when you can do so safely and you’ve solved half the problems