Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Future Bulma should have figured out blutz waves. I bet teen ssj4 trunks could beat the androids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New movie comes out in Two Weeks hell yeah lets do this

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

is it not going to be available in America till August?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

June 11 all the signs say here in Japan so like, Im hoping they aren't lying to me.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

yeah it's definitely June 11 in Japan

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Hopefully we get a nice stream with subs ASAP like what happened with Broly.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

grieving for Gandalf posted:

is it not going to be available in America till August?

I forget where I read it but I could have sworn I saw it releases at the same time here

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1530894541926060032?s=20&t=AxqLRgw-hxLPsj9qi4Rlfw

Some real surprising appearances in this trailer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Based off what we see I'm betting it's largely short cameos. Frieza in particular looks way more like a "appears in a flashback" than actually present anywhere considering he's silhouetted against a generic galaxy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Third trailer came out and the last shot is :3:

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1531608202743123968?s=20&t=Jb1AKVbZuaXnPimhZF6eIg

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
More Pan, more Gohan, more Uncle Piccolo

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Whenever Piccolo's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Piccolo?"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

feetnotes posted:

Whenever Piccolo's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Piccolo?"

:hmmyes:

Give this poster a raise

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Toriyama still maintains that Piccolo is his personal favorite. I’m glad he threw him a powerup here. I hope Piccolo never falls into total irrelevancy like Yamcha and Ten.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I dunno if anybody's seen this but some independent devs modded, uh looks like budokai 3??, to be budokai 4 and it looks complete.

This looks good and owns due to the crazy amount of effort involved but personally I like the 'meet the team' page with all their dragonball OCs

https://teambt4.wixsite.com/dbzbt4ps2oficial?lang=en

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the budokai 3 mod scene has been insane and amazing for a while. there's a channel on youtube that does a lot of modded fusions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I84qZ851T9o

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 1, 2022

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Pyrus Malus posted:

I dunno if anybody's seen this but some independent devs modded, uh looks like budokai 3??, to be budokai 4 and it looks complete.

This looks good and owns due to the crazy amount of effort involved but personally I like the 'meet the team' page with all their dragonball OCs

https://teambt4.wixsite.com/dbzbt4ps2oficial?lang=en

Budokai Tenkaichi, not just Budokai. Different series.

I've actually worked with at least one of these dudes and they're pretty cool. They went out of their way and put a lot of work into ripping English voice lines from various sources and cleaning them up to usable quality. The whole thing has a voiced story mode, custom missions, all the stuff you would expect to be there has been done and polished pretty well. It's not perfect, but it's genuinely good work.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

You know this looks much better in motion than I expected so far.

Nanigans posted:

Toriyama still maintains that Piccolo is his personal favorite. I’m glad he threw him a powerup here. I hope Piccolo never falls into total irrelevancy like Yamcha and Ten.

It's pretty funny though that he apparently managed to get potential unleashed on his own. Like where is he going from there? Potential unleashed 2?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nanigans posted:

I hope Piccolo never falls into total irrelevancy like Yamcha and Ten.

Even when he's just there and complaining about being totally useless, Piccolo is still more liable to actually do more in an arc than either of those two.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
yeah, piccolo is inner circle, basically part of the family

yamcha and tien are just some associates they used to brawl with

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

It's pretty funny though that he apparently managed to get potential unleashed on his own. Like where is he going from there? Potential unleashed 2?

Maximum Overpotential

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Potential Unleashed God, and then Potential Unleashed God Potential Unleashed.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Kurui Reiten posted:

Budokai Tenkaichi, not just Budokai. Different series.

I've actually worked with at least one of these dudes and they're pretty cool. They went out of their way and put a lot of work into ripping English voice lines from various sources and cleaning them up to usable quality. The whole thing has a voiced story mode, custom missions, all the stuff you would expect to be there has been done and polished pretty well. It's not perfect, but it's genuinely good work.

watched a demo vid and am very impressed at how good all the lines sounded, it had to have been a pain to cut out all the background music and noise

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Captain France posted:

Potential Unleashed God, and then Potential Unleashed God Potential Unleashed.

Ah hood old PUG
And PUGPU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Lukewarm Dragonball manga take: I don’t care if it’s the accurate translation, “Vegerot” is a lame as poo poo name, thank goodness for the Wild West days of just “make poo poo up arbitrarily” with the old dub that carried over to Kai. Sounds like he’s going bad soon or something…

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Last Celebration posted:

Lukewarm Dragonball manga take: I don’t care if it’s the accurate translation, “Vegerot” is a lame as poo poo name, thank goodness for the Wild West days of just “make poo poo up arbitrarily” with the old dub that carried over to Kai. Sounds like he’s going bad soon or something…

You have this backwards. Vegerot is not even remotely accurate. The original name is Vegetto, coming from Vegeta and Kakarotto, the issue is that the English dub decided to go for Kakarot (a perfectly acceptable romanization itself and the more logical choice in this case), which would make the fusion name Veget...which doesn't work, for obvious reasons. Everything else just decided to keep Vegetto anyways, but the manga went for Vegerot instead that sounds pretty bad, yeah.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the viz translation is bad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

djinn buu is also a bad name

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I remember when i had SJ for a bit i felt the viz translations were a bit funky.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 2, 2022

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

You have this backwards. Vegerot is not even remotely accurate. The original name is Vegetto, coming from Vegeta and Kakarotto, the issue is that the English dub decided to go for Kakarot (a perfectly acceptable romanization itself and the more logical choice in this case), which would make the fusion name Veget...which doesn't work, for obvious reasons. Everything else just decided to keep Vegetto anyways, but the manga went for Vegerot instead that sounds pretty bad, yeah.

Oh, guess this translation is just jank then, oops!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the viz translation is bad

It’s not great, especially compared to the Dragonball official translation and the dub script for Kai. I’m enjoying it well enough as the only translation available to read with my Shonen Jump subscription that lets me read better translated stuff for a pittance of money per month, but I’m not exactly chomping at the bit to own it even with Dragonball having sweet giant omnibuses that are one of the only things I’ve ever seen that preserve the original manga colors when applicable.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's wild that we're getting an actual Gohan and Piccolo focused movie

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

We're not its all a front. Two minutes into the movie its Bardock O Clock

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
All of the ad copy is for Gohan + Piccolo, but I'm still bracing for the classic swerve where they get bodied and Goku has to tag in.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

I am 100% expecting a last second Goku killsteal again.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The only way this can/should end is the Gohan holding the opponent from behind and Pan flying in to knock their defenses down then Picollo shooting the ole special beam cannon through them both.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is still a Super movie, if Goku comes in, it's to get his rear end kicked. At best it's a mutual kill.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ive decided i will accept bardock in one way:
The great grandpa great granddaughter kamehameha

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

projecthalaxy posted:

Ive decided i will accept Demon King Piccolo in one way:
The great grandpa great granddaughter kamehameha

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kanos posted:

All of the ad copy is for Gohan + Piccolo, but I'm still bracing for the classic swerve where they get bodied and Goku has to tag in.

Ah, just like the Buu Arc. And Broly: Second Coming. And Bojack Unbound. And the Cell Games.

Really anytime that Gohan has taken center stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Ah, just like the Buu Arc. And Broly: Second Coming. And Bojack Unbound. And the Cell Games.

Really anytime that Gohan has taken center stage.

Be fair, Goku just told Gohan to stop loving around in Bojack and also Cell

He was just either dead or dying to do it

Really if I was Goku, I'd be worried. He's currently alive and might have to die for Gohan's loving around again and that wouldn't be fun

He'd have to wait like, a DAY, for the tiny dragon to bring him back to life at the cost of some pocket change or something