Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

McNally posted:

"Hey, CrabDad, we're putting you on ADOS orders for two years, we need you to go to DC to be MCPON."

I’ll never make it past chief because I got too much empathy and see my children in almost every junior sailor I meet.

So that means I’m either gonna kill them or try to protect them. Either way it’s gonna be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'd say you aren't making Chief with that attitude but considering how things have gone to this point...

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

I’ll never make it past chief because I got too much empathy and see my children in almost every junior sailor I meet.

So that means I’m either gonna kill them or try to protect them. Either way it’s gonna be bad.

Guaranteed you are selected first time up

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Nah man this fucker’s gonna get a battlefield commission following a freak lollipop and beer accident.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

If August Willich while being an open communist got promoted from private to general in a few months during the ACW so I think crabdad could be like second place

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

If August Willich while being an open communist got promoted from private to general in a few months during the ACW so I think crabdad could be like second place

Crabdad is now patiently awaiting the ACW 2.0 to kick off after hearing that.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Don't think he was ever a private and "a few months" is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

McNally posted:

Don't think he was ever a private and "a few months" is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

You’re right I heard somewhere that he initially enlisted as a private which I don’t think is true. Still it was like just over a year from Lt to Gen

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

You’re right I heard somewhere that he initially enlisted as a private which I don’t think is true. Still it was like just over a year from Lt to Gen

That was pretty common in the first couple years of the Civil War, either due to political connection, success, or just attrition (or all three in this case)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The only SEAL I still keep it touch with just told me he’s getting out and starting a clothing company thank god he told me over text because I’m loving dead lmao

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

PneumonicBook posted:

I'm at mayport this week and I think I need a haircut since all of these loving junior Sailors keep asking me questions like I'm goddamned gandalf

Oh poo poo pm me if ya wanna grab a beer or somethin

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

The only SEAL I still keep it touch with just told me he’s getting out and starting a clothing company thank god he told me over text because I’m loving dead lmao

Is it a tacticool clothing line?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Show us the t-shirts

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Thronde posted:

Oh poo poo pm me if ya wanna grab a beer or somethin

I flew back this morning, trip got cut short. Thanks cto for booking me a flight with 3 connections, super great!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Point Mugu needs to be renamed NAS Fallout. I assume the Navy keeps the satellite stuff there because the base looks like it's already been hit by a nuke.

Oh hush, it's a delightful gem of the southern California coast. Just ask any of the raccoons running around in the hangar, they'll tell you they love it there.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Elendil004 posted:

Show us the t-shirts
Dunno if he has actually made any yet. I’m waiting to hear back. Honestly I think he’s too late for the vet bro grift train for any real money but probably still can get enough to support his kid or whatever.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I had a guy I served with hit me up on messenger in what may have been a cocaine binge and he wanted me to move to northern California and work with him on a weed farm he was building, which isn't too wild, I guess, but this weed farm was going to be filled with tilapia fish and a bunch of tubes so the fish could fertalize the weed plants. Sounded a bit sketchy. Weed was also not legal at that time in California.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I had a guy I served with hit me up on messenger in what may have been a cocaine binge and he wanted me to move to northern California and work with him on a weed farm he was building, which isn't too wild, I guess, but this weed farm was going to be filled with tilapia fish and a bunch of tubes so the fish could fertalize the weed plants. Sounded a bit sketchy. Weed was also not legal at that time in California.

It’s tough to choose between which of the two ideas are worse.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Aquaponics is a legit thing and tilapia is a great fish for it but I don't know enough about growing weed to know if that would work out well.

Apart from the legality issue, that is.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Point Mugu needs to be renamed NAS Fallout. I assume the Navy keeps the satellite stuff there because the base looks like it's already been hit by a nuke.

If there is still a bar / pizza place called mugu's just inside the gate don't forget to stop in and experience the worst pizza of your life

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

My dad is in the weed business and I’ve heard this dumbass pitch 1000 times.

Like it sounds good on paper but I’ve not seen it done in practice yet. It’s always the exact same pitch though.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Like it sounds good on paper but I’ve not seen it done in practice yet. It’s always the exact same pitch though.

It certainly feeled very scammy. But if I did not have steady work it may have been fun. I think I would have to be really into weed to enjoy that field though.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

MarcusSA posted:

I feel like to get any meaningful gains out of aquaponic two phase culture like that you need to do it on an large industrial scale and that requires like $50M in seed capitol to build the facility with all the automated controls and continuous sampling and treatment.

Otherwise its just a cool science experiment for garden-influencers that you have to baby constantly

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well… if the goal is just have complimentary buisness to diversify your portfolio having the plants act as filters for the fish tanks is completely doable. You can also grind up all the plant waste to return to the fish to eat. You’d really want a third tank with shrimps to form a third cycle.
I’ve seen a few small hobby setups that needed minimal additional feed to make the whole thing work but they were doing veggies not weed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

I feel like to get any meaningful gains out of aquaponic two phase culture like that you need to do it on an large industrial scale and that requires like $50M in seed capitol to build the facility with all the automated controls and continuous sampling and treatment.

Yeah and like if it could be done well people would already be taking advantage of it.

Tbh at this point in weed legal states weed is practically worthless anyway so trying to dump that much money into it would be incredibly dumb.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

You sell the weed infused tilapia!

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO
That sounds better than tilapia-infused weed.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Well feed the mayo to the tuna!

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Okay I'm back in port, on my way to Teddy's.

E: several hours later. Karaoke bar. Australian gentleman butting entirely too much effort into convincing me that he is not racist. If I were more sober, I would have much less of his saliva on me.

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jun 2, 2022

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009
What did you get at Teddy's?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

MonkeyFit posted:

What did you get at Teddy's?

Drunk, apparently.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
No I obviously got drunk at the karaoke bar, as is proper. Last week I got the Kilauea burger, this time I got the Volcano.

Tonight I went to Marugame Udon because it had a line down the block and I had to see what was up, and oh my God it was so worth it.

Also see Top Gun: Maverick in theaters, it is an absolute banger, seriously.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Took a pierhead jump slow boating in between Oakland, LA, and Hono. Get the rest of the time I need for chief engineer and head down to the Pig and the Lady and grab some Costco poke for the barbecue home.

Current chief lives in Medellin and just opened a sports bar there. Your imagination will not lead you astray in this case.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 28, 2022

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
His pictures of the country are gorgeous but he is absolutely there to party and has been in Colombia for at least a decade.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
A military ID no longer gets you pool access at the Hale Koa, LAAAAAME

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oh one of the odd things that happened was I worked with a PR2. Didn’t even know that was a thing in the reserves. He got out and got remobilized one day after his window closed and just got off mob. What a silly rate for the reserves.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

A military ID no longer gets you pool access at the Hale Koa, LAAAAAME

why would you go to a chlorinated pool

the beach is right there

they even have bars on it! Barefoot, Dukes, Mai Tai, I don't know if Shorebirds is still there but i'm sure something is in its place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Crab Dad posted:

Oh one of the odd things that happened was I worked with a PR2. Didn’t even know that was a thing in the reserves. He got out and got remobilized one day after his window closed and just got off mob. What a silly rate for the reserves.

Remind me, is PR the religious assistant rate?