Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Moola posted:

*me pulling out my extremely tiny tape measure to check your epic bases sizes*

I'm sorry sir these bases are 2mm too big and as such this game is ILLEGAL. I will be calling the tabletop police immediately

Me, Andy Chambers-ley, while rolling a blast template across my fingers: nice undersized bases... shame if someone laid a nine-Basilisk barrage across them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

a7m2 posted:

Is there a reason you're limited to up to 7 models per infantry base in Epic 40k? I would really like to use the model below for my hormagaunts but it's technically against the rules.

I know my buddy doesn't care but what about people in general? Does it have any impact at all on the way the game is played?

As long as the bases are of a legal size, you're good. Good luck painting that though. In theory, a "swarm" base sounds good, but you're going to have so many models crammed so close together, it's going to look like a blob. Your swarm size comes in the amount of bases you can put on the table, not by how many models you can cram onto a strip.

FWIW, I think the "models per base" rule was really a GW rule that got carried over. Every player I've encountered usually does 3-5 infantry models on a base, and that's usually dictated by model rarity.

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Me, Andy Chambers-ley, while rolling a blast template across my fingers: nice undersized bases... shame if someone laid a nine-Basilisk barrage across them.
Goddamn, a 9 bassie barrage is a wonderful thing...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Moola posted:

*me pulling out my extremely tiny tape measure to check your epic bases sizes*

I'm sorry sir these bases are 2mm too big and as such this game is ILLEGAL. I will be calling the tabletop police immediately

Effin' narc.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
I used to have some extremely cool Tyranid swarms collected on Thingiverse, but it seems they've been taken down. Was probably a 1-1/4" round base with gaunts absolutely crammed together, always made me want to start an army.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

MCPeePants posted:

I used to have some extremely cool Tyranid swarms collected on Thingiverse, but it seems they've been taken down. Was probably a 1-1/4" round base with gaunts absolutely crammed together, always made me want to start an army.

What was the file/page name? I may have them downloaded.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

Goddamn, a 9 bassie barrage is a wonderful thing...

read this as 9 bussie barrage and had to do a double take

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Or just have your Nids from the Before Times.

That's right cuz I'm old im objectively better and more correct because I bought stuff when it was available.

Anyway in other good GW thing nobody plays news issue 476 of White Dwarf has rules for the new Nighthaunt crossbow Spookies so they can be played in Warcry which is good because they needed a ranged trooper and taking an allied Necromancer doesn't cut it.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Gonna add that I would never care about more than seven models on a base. Mine are all 3s or 5s, but personally I'd love playing against a swarm army that visually looks like a massive swarm.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is there a readily available source for epic oval bases? I'm finding some MDF ones but they're really thick.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Pacific Northwest Epic goons, I'm 95% sure I have a spare ticket to Toss Yer Cabers. I'd hate to see it go to waste. Caveat: I'm going to offer it to a friend in Vancouver who played 40k eons ago, but I doubt they'd want to go to a tournament for a game system they've not played.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

MCPeePants posted:

I found it but I prefer the rectangular bases.

Captain Rufus posted:

Or just have your Nids from the Before Times.

That's right cuz I'm old im objectively better and more correct because I bought stuff when it was available.

So loving cool, I'm quite jealous. The 3D printed stuff is still quite good though

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

moths posted:

Is there a readily available source for epic oval bases? I'm finding some MDF ones but they're really thick.

You could get someone to cut them out of 2mm acrylic?

Anyone doing mdf should be able to do acrylic

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Right on, thanks! Looks like Litko had exactly what I wanted.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Does the new Moroch kill team set suggest we'll be using 10 man Primaris kill teams?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/kill-team-moroch-2022-eng

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

No it's still a 6man team. They just give you the 10 man box because that box already exists and it's to much hassle to split it up.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
And it allows you to build a few extras to fill out your roster.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I thought it might be an extended roster but that frankly seemed uncharacteristically generous for a starter box. Still, it is nice of them to give you an enlarged roster instead of a just one legal kill team, does the same hold true for the traitor guardsman?

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I think the traitor guard models are 10x guard, 1x ogryn, 1x commissar. Which do make a complete team. You do have the option of dropping either or both of the ogryn/commissar in exchange for 2 basic guard troopers each but you would have to come up with those models some other way.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I feel kind of bad. I played against an Imperial Nobles player and I utterly annihilated him with my Khorne team. He couldn't even field 3 guys by Half 2, turn 5. I got...four casualties with my bloodspawn and a touchdown with my bloodspawn. I didn't think that was a very viable strategy but I was basically like :stare: "I guess I pick up the ball" *6* Uh...and I walk five paces to the endzone and score. " :stare:

Felt kind of bad but it does mean next week he's going to have something insane like 700k in inducements for the final game of the season. and he wasnt a bitch about it either, so I think I'll bring him a six pack

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

Does the new Moroch kill team set suggest we'll be using 10 man Primaris kill teams?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/kill-team-moroch-2022-eng

nostrata posted:

I think the traitor guard models are 10x guard, 1x ogryn, 1x commissar. Which do make a complete team. You do have the option of dropping either or both of the ogryn/commissar in exchange for 2 basic guard troopers each but you would have to come up with those models some other way.

Goonhammer has an unboxing with the specifics. It's a Phobos box with a new bonus sprue of gadgets, the Chaos ogryn and Chaos commander from Blackstone, then 10 brand-new Chaos guardsmen with a kinda-multi-pose kit based loosely on the Blackstone traitor guard.

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain

Jack B Nimble posted:

I thought it might be an extended roster but that frankly seemed uncharacteristically generous for a starter box. Still, it is nice of them to give you an enlarged roster instead of a just one legal kill team, does the same hold true for the traitor guardsman?

So far the only extended rosters in the [Kill Zone] box sets are the Phobos and the Legionaries. Each of Novitiates, Pathfinders, Veteran Guardsmen, Traitor Guardsmen give you technically a full Kill Team but with no spares. The only bespoke team that gives you all build options in a single box set (Starter set, any Kill Zone, or team box) is the Kommandos. All the others you will need one additional team box to have the full retinue of available options and even then the Veteran Guardsmen require some modification to have all build options out of even two box sets because of a single arm piece (piece 75 iirc) being included per sprue set that is necessary for three of the Veteran Gunner options. Plus the Vet Guard realistically need two boxes just because the best Ancillary Support option for them is the 4 extra bodies for board control.

Refind Chaos fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 4, 2022

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Came across this article: https://www.goonhammer.com/necromunday-how-to-play-necromunda-we-promise-its-worth-it/

It has a dead link to what is supposed to be an article explaining tactics cards and how to navigate the releases since they’re apparently exclusive to each release?!

Is there a link explaining this or a comprehensive list of them?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

Came across this article: https://www.goonhammer.com/necromunday-how-to-play-necromunda-we-promise-its-worth-it/

It has a dead link to what is supposed to be an article explaining tactics cards and how to navigate the releases since they’re apparently exclusive to each release?!

Is there a link explaining this or a comprehensive list of them?

There's this on Goonhammer. Not entirely sure how up to date it is.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

a7m2 posted:

Is there a reason you're limited to up to 7 models per infantry base in Epic 40k? I would really like to use the model below for my hormagaunts but it's technically against the rules.

I know my buddy doesn't care but what about people in general? Does it have any impact at all on the way the game is played?

May I ask where you found that beautiful STL good sir and/or ma'am?
The only hormagaunts I've been able to find for Epic are on the circle bases and I HATE that. I am use to the 5ish mini's on a base, very similar to these.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I don't think I can post them here but these epic space bug troops can be found on at least one of the big STL sites

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I wonder if we can get a mod ruling on whether STLs of original models that replace long-out-of-print models are okay.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Cease to Hope posted:

I wonder if we can get a mod ruling on whether STLs of original models that replace long-out-of-print models are okay.

I don't understand why we can't post files that are on Thingiverse/Cults and haven't been taken down. If GW wanted it down they would issue a notice like they have on lots of models there.

At least if its not 1:1 then we should be able to post it.

goodness fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 5, 2022

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I feel kind of bad. I played against an Imperial Nobles player and I utterly annihilated him with my Khorne team. He couldn't even field 3 guys by Half 2, turn 5. I got...four casualties with my bloodspawn and a touchdown with my bloodspawn. I didn't think that was a very viable strategy but I was basically like :stare: "I guess I pick up the ball" *6* Uh...and I walk five paces to the endzone and score. " :stare:

Felt kind of bad but it does mean next week he's going to have something insane like 700k in inducements for the final game of the season. and he wasnt a bitch about it either, so I think I'll bring him a six pack

Nice, that's hilarious! Both the result and the future inducements, haha :D And good thought with the six-pack - I'm sure he'll have a laugh over it all

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You can link to a site like Thingiverse, because it's a broad site providing STLs for tons of stuff. We do not want you to link to (or otherwise tell people to go to):
  • Sites that are mostly about duplicating intellectual property
  • Sites where an admin or mod might have to do research to decide if it's about duplicating IP or not
  • Directly to files that replicate IP, even on a site like Thingiverse that is otherwise kosher

When I look at a link, the question isn't "after doing my own research, would Jeffrey prevail in a lawsuit" it's "do I have to make a judgement call at all about whether Jeffrey might receive a C&D letter".

Litigious IP owners have sent letters before to sites whose users merely linked to offending works. That's bullshit, but Jeffrey wants us to err on the side of not inviting that sort of letter in the first place, and he also doesn't want us mods having to try to guess if a particular site or STL or PDF etc. might cross the line.

Basically,

Leperflesh posted:

:filez:

If a game is VERY out of print and unavailable, you can link to scans of rule books, components, etc. for your own use (e.g., non-commercial uses). Otherwise, do not link it. In border cases, please ask a mod first.

No one cares if your miniatures, wargaming gear, or proxy cards were made by the manufacturer or a helpful third party. However, discussing where goons can get them is out. Keep it off our forums.

I'm not making a moral judgement. I do not care if folks use proxies or print minis. Just don't put stuff on our forums that might cause trouble. I'm sure you can find a way to tell people things you want to tell them via non-post options, if that's super important to you.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 5, 2022

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Jeffery needs to grow some balls imo

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Moola posted:

That's rich coming from the man with no flesh at all!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Moola posted:

i got a link for an stl file for that but I don't want to get in trouble

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Remember when you edited my post to remove a link to a rulebook from an FFG game that was out and being sold because you said that was files? Lmao

The same FFG who posts all their rulebooks on both their own website and BGG.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

No, I don't remember that.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

No, I don't remember that.

Leperflesh posted:

Ummm, gonna go ahead and call that :filez:. You can privately share poo poo, whatever, but please don't link it from the forums.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Get a life god drat.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah, OK. I remember now. I stand by my replies to your posts at the time, nothing has changed. Someone scanned and uploaded a rulebook of a game, you linked to that, and I removed that link, because it's filez. If FFG hosts their own PDFs for free download somewhere, of course you can link to that.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Eediot Jedi posted:

Get a life god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I think the two relevant pdfs can be found from their website by searching "unfathomable rulebook pdf site:images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com" on Google.