Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Pokemon Megathread: Your favorite Pokémon is, in fact, LECHONK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hmm, I feel like those are just big wild areas. Which isn't a bad thing.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The website;

What my brain sees;

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Digimon rear end looking legendaries.

At least Mareep's line is back in. Hopefully we see Teddiursa.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jet Dragon looks awesome so I guess I’ll be getting Violet then

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Yo the website says they’re just gonna turn you loose in the region to explore without being directed by the story.

Also, all the customized characters look way better than the defaults, thank goodness.

Possible Tauros regional on this kid’s shirt:
https://mobile.twitter.com/soulsilverart/status/1531989874542366721/photo/1

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 1, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm sorry but that's a penis

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lechonk gets even better when you realize he's a black Iberian pig. Of course the first new thing the spanish region shows us is some delicious Iberian ham :v:

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

The handlebars in both legendary designs (horns / shoulders) have big 'rideable pokemon return' energy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I like that it looks like the trainer battles, and even the online trade animations, all appear to be seamless with the world.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Lechonk is basically the new Wooloo, a very round normal typed farm animal that people instantly fawn over.

...Lechonk gets Aroma Veil.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm not really feeling the legendaries yet and I think it's because they're obviously going to turn into vehicles.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

still crossing my fingers we get a new eeveelution.

least they could do if they're going to put in yet another not-pikachu

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters

Shneak posted:

I'm not really feeling the legendaries yet and I think it's because they're obviously going to turn into vehicles.

I personally cannot wait to ride around the open world on my legendary creature's motorcycle forme.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I liked everything I saw and these are all going to be my friends and I'm more excited now than before.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The new Pokémon all look cute and good but man are the visuals rough.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oxyclean posted:

still crossing my fingers we get a new eeveelution.

least they could do if they're going to put in yet another not-pikachu

Eevee will just get the new mechanic just like how it did for two generations in a row (2.5 if you count the Partner Eevee).

ForteanMan
Jun 3, 2020

Yeah just rewatched the trailer and the two professors outfits could be described as ‘past’ and ‘future’. Wasn’t there some leak that suggested the games had different ideas about past/future?

Edit: saw the post above which may be what I’m thinking of.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The new Pokémon all look cute and good but man are the visuals rough.

At this point I've kinda resigned myself to it. Gamefreak's not going to suddenly have a massive mid console glowup. Right now its mostly the gameplay I'm hinging on. If the kinks with SwSh are brushed out and we get a more complete, engaging adventure, then gently caress it. I'm back in. If not, at least we get another batch of rad designs to enjoy.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Pokemon in the trailer from past generations:

Pikachu
Fletchling
Flaaffy
Chewtle
Larvitar
Bagon
Venonat
Coalossal
Mareanie
Cryogonal
Gengar
Lurantis
Talonflame

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
When the gently caress are we getting gold damascening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KM7ySNWuqU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The Bee posted:

At this point I've kinda resigned myself to it. Gamefreak's not going to suddenly have a massive mid console glowup. Right now its mostly the gameplay I'm hinging on. If the kinks with SwSh are brushed out and we get a more complete, engaging adventure, then gently caress it. I'm back in. If not, at least we get another batch of rad designs to enjoy.

They really need to license RE engine from capcom cause that thing is black magic.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ForteanMan posted:

Yeah just rewatched the trailer and the two professors outfits could be described as ‘past’ and ‘future’. Wasn’t there some leak that suggested the games had different ideas about past/future?

Edit: saw the post above which may be what I’m thinking of.
For the legendaries, Korai (古来) literally means like "ancient" or "time-honored" and Mirai (未来) literally means "future". (-don, or -odon, is a suffix used in scientific animal names meaning "tooth", as in pteranodon)

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Smoliv? Lechonk? Pepper/cocoa bean/apple crocodile?

Game Freak have been designing pokemon while hungry again IMO

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Real curious about smoliv being part normal, considering it's a literal plant. Maybe the evolutions will tie that together conceptually.

Fun Times! posted:

Does that NPC say, "Are you these three's trainer?"

Will they just give us the three starters?

Guessing maybe that takes place before the starter choice, and either you make your choice before the battle starts or the battle and the dialogue are part of different scenes entirely.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

The Bee posted:

I wouldn’t mind if the games were just visually blah like all the 3D ones have been but this looks actively ugly. Obviously it’s just a lovely compressed YouTube video so hopefully it’s better at release.

But I doubt it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Ghost Piglett LeChonk

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 1, 2022

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

very subtle past/future designs

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Lechonk is incredible. :allears:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1531988179900850177

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Seriously, give me the option to have my trainer be one of these hot NPCs what the gently caress?? Professor Sada?? Hello?????

Also there's a new pig pokemon literally called "Lechonk"

Feeling a lot better about the character design now. Seriously the player characters looked like garbage before but NPCs and customizable designs are looking A-ok so it's fine.

Also loving every single pokemon so far. Actually really good inspired stuff. Love a me a motorcycle dragon too.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

very subtle past/future designs

Prof. Sada is my cave wife now btw. No I will not be taking any questions.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Every new thing they reveal about the mechanics make me feel like this game is gonna be a trainwreck. I really hope they've at least iterated their online because if its even half as rough as Sword and Shield is they're gonna have a serious problem.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Pokemon Megathread: The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lechonk

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Bullying me into buying Scarlet....

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't believe Ayla from Chrono Trigger has become a Pokemon Professor

Good on her

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I was hoping they might have upgraded the infamously anemic battle animations, but Lechonk and its Tackle confirm that it's business as usual. Dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I wonder if these games will have our first professor heel turns. Their outfits feel so themed that they give me more Maxie and Archie vibes than Oak and Elm vibes, if you catch my drift.