Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

But it could be better. I like Pokémon though, I’ll still buy a copy because they’re going to be fun games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
when are we gonna know if weed cat grows up to be an adult human man

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Your Computer posted:

They gotta save something for the Treehouse thing.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I can't comment on the Pokemon graphics but there are people ITT thread who aren't bothered by/don't even notice single-digit frame rates

I guess my point is have some higher standards, people!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
if I had higher standards how would I keep playing my beloved warriors games

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Your Computer posted:

The internet already decided that almost immediately.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Alan_Shore posted:

I can't comment on the Pokemon graphics but there are people ITT thread who aren't bothered by/don't even notice single-digit frame rates

I guess my point is have some higher standards, people!
Those people are enjoying their lives way more than you are though.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont care about frame rates as long as the game is still playable

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I played Quest 64 last year and had a lot of fun, I’m not really bothered by bad graphics or low frame rates. But I do think new AAA releases should be held to a certain standard, crazy talk I know.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'll bitch about frame rates. But that hasn't been apparent from the trailers so I have nothing to say about it yet.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

age of calamity has been the only unplayably poor performance on a switch game. so long as pokemon is better than that i'm ok

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

Those people are enjoying their lives way more than you are though.

Oh I'm having a great time, don't you worry sunshine

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont care about frame rates as long as the game is still playable

I mean, "playable" is literally basement-level standards

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Alan_Shore posted:

Oh I'm having a great time, don't you worry sunshine

I mean, "playable" is literally basement-level standards
Lol

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEuT3k1Y2ts

Finally something remotely close to Warioland 2 that I can play on my Nintendo® Switch™

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not sold on the art style and they haven't really shown anything other than the one single level/setting but I'm cautiously excited. You can download a PC demo for free on itch.io.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
30 FPS is perfectly playable imo

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

dr.acula posted:

Finally something remotely close to Warioland 2 that I can play on my Nintendo® Switch™

The game looks like it could be fun but the playable guy looks literally like someone got a hold of a sprite sheet for Wario Land and make some slight adjustments here and there.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

In the big scale of "switch performance issues" I'm fine with a bad framerate as long loading times are short.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

dr.acula posted:

I'll take it; only other Wario 4-looking thing around is Pizza Tower which is likely gonna stay on PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAWQVoR_4NY

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Morpheus posted:

I am 100% gonna name that pig LeChuck

Edit: why does this series for children insist on making the professor(s) hot . Like is there just a really thirsty character designer inside of Gamefreak somewhere that gets called up for this thing every time.

(Is there another one besides Arceus that bucks this trend)

is this a serious post

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pokemon is serious business.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I want a release date for No Man's Sky.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

is this a serious post

Professor Oak is the hottest man alive.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Professor Oak is the hottest man alive.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Morpheus posted:

I am 100% gonna name that pig LeChuck

Edit: why does this series for children insist on making the professor(s) hot . Like is there just a really thirsty character designer inside of Gamefreak somewhere that gets called up for this thing every time.

(Is there another one besides Arceus that bucks this trend)

lol

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
What's up with those floor/ground textures in the new pokémon game?? Yucky

Xenoblade 1 has better textures than that! I laughed when they zoomed out on that path in the grassy area and you could clearly see the half assed texture copy paste job in the dirt and surrounding grass. It doesn't help that the landscape seems really empty.

Game looks ugly and all Pokemon games have a weird sterile vibe to them now, but I'm sure people who can tolerate modern pokemon games will have a good time with it. My god they sure are ugly games though

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Please respect the academic integrity and rigor of the highly esteemed Pokemon professor profession. Being horny during academic endeavors is detrimental to the learning process and no one deserves to be objectified whether they are wearing comfy shorts, a lab coat, or prayer beads

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

KingSlime posted:

What's up with those floor/ground textures in the new pokémon game?? Yucky

Xenoblade 1 has better textures than that! I laughed when they zoomed out on that path in the grassy area and you could clearly see the half assed texture copy paste job in the dirt and surrounding grass. It doesn't help that the landscape seems really empty.

Game looks ugly and all Pokemon games have a weird sterile vibe to them now, but I'm sure people who can tolerate modern pokemon games will have a good time with it. My god they sure are ugly games though

You fool! Don't you realise that by posting this you've shown what a deeply unhappy person you are!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Lol

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
It's June now. Meltdown May is over, you can stop already.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

It's June now. Meltdown May is over, you can stop already.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Switch thread is for people who like Pokemon games and the Pokemon thread is for people who hate Pokemon games.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That new Pokemon trailer looked like more of the same to me. Give it to me now. I will play minor variations on that same game forever.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I was thinking about playing some Pokémon games. Is there any reason what so ever to play regular sun/moon over Ultra?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm assuming you won't be able to get all the Pokemon in the new games as well, right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

dr.acula posted:

I was thinking about playing some Pokémon games. Is there any reason what so ever to play regular sun/moon over Ultra?

No.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

dr.acula posted:

Ultra Sun/Moon kinda suck, I was really disappointed at how they butchered the actually good parts of the story. Play one of the original Sun/Moon first.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Lots of good new Pokémon designs in this one. Lechonk and Smoliv are both peak lil fellas. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Waffle! posted:

Choose your professor: Cavewoman Scientist, or Manga Reed Richards.

I am going to SMOOCH the lady professor. :allears: