Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Where I come from the taquerias know how to wrap a burrito properly so it doesn't fall apart in the first place.

That burrito in the photo is a shameful burrito. Like if you asked someone from 1980s Iowa to make you a burrito, you'd get something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Or heat up the tortilla so its not just pale as gently caress and can actually hold a shape

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Candy floss wrapping paper and that tape you have edible present

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Glumslinger posted:

Or heat up the tortilla so its not just pale as gently caress and can actually hold a shape

Yeah, you gotta toss the tortilla on the grill for a bit.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I think it’s pretty useful for like chipotle, whose burritos regularly shred and leak badly in my experience.

Also just eat a truck load of tacos instead.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Neil Armbong posted:

I’m p sure he was fawning over Chinese 9-9-6 culture a couple weeks back and how work is life there and how great that is.

From the article

quote:

In recent weeks, Musk has praised Tesla China employees for “burning the 3 am oil” while saying that Americans are “trying to avoid going to work at all.”

Thousands of Tesla staff in Shanghai have been effectively locked in for months, working 12-hour shifts, six days a week. Until recently, many were sleeping on the factory floor as part of a closed-loop system meant to keep Covid out and cars rolling off the production line.

Workers brought in to bring the factory back up to speed are being shuttled between the facility and sleeping quarters -- either unused factories or an old military camp -- with day- and night-shift workers sharing beds in makeshift dorms.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Where I come from the taquerias know how to wrap a burrito properly so it doesn't fall apart in the first place.

That burrito in the photo is a shameful burrito. Like if you asked someone from 1980s Iowa to make you a burrito, you'd get something like that.

even taco bell burrito's stay together. this is a solution in search of a problem.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I put the burrito on the table and shove my face into it.

Juices and filling flies everywhere but my hands remain clean.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Neil Armbong posted:

even taco bell burrito's stay together. this is a solution in search of a problem.

Burritos: the only thing Texas and California can agree on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I put the burrito on the table and shove my face into it.

Juices and filling flies everywhere but my hands remain clean.

:hai: this is a solid approach. I would much rather do this than use a piece of edible tape.

I actually got sort of ok at folding burritos the last few years and...well you get good at putting a whole lot more filling in there once you have some semblance of an idea of what you're doing. That poverty burrito in the picture has a lot of room to grow if you have any half assed idea how it works.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 1, 2022

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Abugadu posted:

I’m terrible about trying to tough out pain before seeking help.

I’ve done 5 months with an inch long splinter behind my knee, and 9 months with a hernia that I thought was a groin strain that wouldn’t go away.

Glad you got help fairly quickly.

Welp, I feel way better about waiting ~4 weeks before getting my hernia checked out lol. Then I had to wait a month and a half for surgery :argh:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Skwirl posted:

From the article

:qq: No one wants to work in sweatshop conditions anymore :qq:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Elon's deep-seated cultural impulse to crack the whip just shining right on through.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Also top gun whipped rear end. Dumb in all the exact right ways. I loved it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Dumb in all the exact right ways.

The stars collided perfectly and I saw that post and this video at the same moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl2Z9tgg8xY

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/AchillesF6/status/1532006618828709888?t=oyKbDPbg0MMo9bBYdE7wyQ&s=19

Been in Vegas since early Friday for AEW Double or Nothing with my wrestling podcast cohosts and DSA comrades; was really happy I made the drive to Bryce yesterday (with a bonus trip through Zion)

Hadn't been there since 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
they need to wrap the last 2 inches of the burrito with of the tasty tape to prevent me from needing to shove the whole goddamned thing in my mouth at the end but other than that it's completely unnecessary

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/AchillesF6/status/1532006618828709888?t=oyKbDPbg0MMo9bBYdE7wyQ&s=19

Been in Vegas since early Friday for AEW Double or Nothing with my wrestling podcast cohosts and DSA comrades; was really happy I made the drive to Bryce yesterday (with a bonus trip through Zion)

Double or Nothing absolutely whipped

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I still maintain that all burger places should serve their burgers with a mini bun the size of a dinner roll and burrito places should give you a taco size tortilla so you can make a miniature with all the bits that fall out when you eat it.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Just a real class act.

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1532100681070428162?t=FdbjKuTzYzOW2GX6gv3Edw&s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spoeank posted:

they need to wrap the last 2 inches of the burrito with of the tasty tape to prevent me from needing to shove the whole goddamned thing in my mouth at the end but other than that it's completely unnecessary

If the burrito falls apart when you try to eat it, it’s being assembled with either too much filling or too small a tortilla. It’s wild that Chipotle either can’t figure out how to roll a burrito or thinks it’s endearing how messy they are.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

"Oh, it takes a while for people to stop grieving? Months, even years? That's unfortunate, but we'll hold out as long as it takes"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
It's hard to sum up white people making ethnic food better than "we designed a tape we could eat"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

General Dog posted:

If the burrito falls apart when you try to eat it, it’s being assembled with either too much filling or too small a tortilla. It’s wild that Chipotle either can’t figure out how to roll a burrito or thinks it’s endearing how messy they are.

Chipotle created a weird arms race where every burrito needs to rival a mission burrito but nobody puts it in a big enough tortilla

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I never have trouble with Freebirds burritos falling apart.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You eat fraudulent freebirds trash burritos Santa Barbara original or get OUTTA HERE

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I prefer street style tacos to burritos. But when I was super loving poor I'd make burritos that were mostly rice and beans. They were fine for food that's vaguely healthy and you're really trying to stretch a buck, but not something I'd serve a guest.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

set the counter to zero

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1532135205624074242

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I prefer street style tacos to burritos. But when I was super loving poor I'd make burritos that were mostly rice and beans. They were fine for food that's vaguely healthy and you're really trying to stretch a buck, but not something I'd serve a guest.

1 lb of ground turkey mixed with burrito seasoning and a can of refried black beans will get you through a lot of meals for about a 5 dollar investment.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

set the counter to zero

Old news, newer shooty:

https://twitter.com/MikeRogersTV/status/1532134732237971456

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

The counter was already at zero. There were 13 mass shootings over the weekend.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

It's hard to sum up white people making ethnic food better than "we designed a tape we could eat"

Old news.

And the best burrito is a pizza burrito.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My favorite burrito is eggs, cheese, potato, salsa

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Obi Wan ep 2 spoiler: Why the gently caress does he change out of his disguise and into his jedi robes in the middle of the city as a way to stay hidden?

e: lol what the gently caress Leia. this is dumb even by kid character standards

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 2, 2022

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pron on VHS posted:

:hmmyes:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Pron on VHS posted:

Hell yeah

There’s a place here that sells breakfast burritos at farmers markets and I found out last week that you can buy them frozen by the half dozen. I have a box in the freezer right now :coolfish:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Vertical Lime posted:

set the counter to zero

There have been eighteen mass shootings since Uvalde.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Pron on VHS posted:

Yes but add bacon.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Braksgirl posted:

Yes but add bacon.

In Texas they call this a Q taco (bacon, potato, cheese and refried beans).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

Yes but add bacon.

Look at us agreeing on something