Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Lol so PL has lower standards than goons now.

That's not new :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

the fact that mandozer has been so mythologized as a Villain of Goon History that people go out of their way to perpetuate the grudges of crusty bittervet goons is the funniest loving thing

at least it's better than talking about local

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
idk he was kind of an annoying dick when he joined mwo goons. i don't even know what his whole history with evegoons is.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mandozer is a middling fuckgoons, he didn't do anything particularly interesting going fuckgoons which is why he every so often got another chance

he's just one of the worst posters in eve, matched only by several gsf directors and sickening

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

perhaps the best fuckgoons was ordo garr, who got perma-readonly (partially because he was a terrible poster) and managed to pursuade a bunch of goons to invest a bunch of money with him anyway when he could not post himself on the forums to solicit it, and then cynoed several supercarriers directly into a PL trap.

that one was pretty good and required a few days worth of planning, as opposed to just getting incredibly high and shooting random goons on the way out

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
clay haakari was the best gently caress goons because he stole a few rolling battleships (ignoring the hangar full of pirate cruisers) and then tried to awox in delve and I think killed a VNI before getting the fleet he was awoxing for wiped

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
the best fuckgoons:

* remedial
* the guy who would post "Hey Goonfleet, gotcha money!"
* the thread where a new member (who was a in GSOL for like a week or whatever) was talking about 20B in pos they stole from BoB and actually it was us they stolen from us

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

* the thread where a new member (who was a in GSOL for like a week or whatever) was talking about 20B in pos they stole from BoB and actually it was us they stolen from us

This one was amazing because you could see the dawning realization in real-time through the thread as people went from "woah nice haul!" to "wait that's our station."

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Dieting Hippo posted:

This one was amazing because you could see the dawning realization in real-time through the thread as people went from "woah nice haul!" to "wait that's our station."

"tears will come later in this thread" was incredible.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

the best fuckgoons:

* remedial
* the guy who would post "Hey Goonfleet, gotcha money!"

Did they give it back? :aaaaa:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

evilweasel posted:

mandozer is a middling fuckgoons, he didn't do anything particularly interesting going fuckgoons which is why he every so often got another chance

he's just one of the worst posters in eve, matched only by several gsf directors and sickening

and yet, he's the one people talk about. wonder why.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bruscettas, God bless him.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

dragonshardz posted:

and yet, he's the one people talk about. wonder why.

there's no such thing as bad publicity and look at all this publicity, says the man furiously masturbating and making GBS threads on the floor on the subway

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

The Claptain posted:

Bruscettas, God bless him.

free bruscettas

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I haven't heard the name mandozer in years and the only two words that are connecting with it is "SirMolle" and "lickspittle"

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rust Martialis posted:

Lol so PL has lower standards than goons now.

nah returning member bro. You forgot ISRAD was PL for a time too and I'm ISRAD.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

evilweasel posted:

there's no such thing as bad publicity and look at all this publicity, says the man furiously masturbating and making GBS threads on the floor on the subway

counterpoint: ligmaballs

E: here be goatse

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 31, 2022

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

who was that one guy that got kicked for something and stayed in vfk for like 4 years in local just talking poo poo?

lmao that guy for sure

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
awooga

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
lmao

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

TheWeedNumber posted:

enjoy ur probe and/or ban

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

TheWeedNumber posted:

E: here be goatse

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

good ol' anal probing

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Lmao

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
I was told there was a hello.jpg here, I am sad I didnt get to witness it

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

who was that one guy that got kicked for something and stayed in vfk for like 4 years in local just talking poo poo?

lmao that guy for sure

I wasn't playing in the VFK era but lol

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

bro what was his name

im so close to remembering it

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

ullerrm posted:

This is unfair

to Angelique. Mandozer is worse than Angelique in more ways than merely ingame.

Angelique was a profoundly terrible poster, in an earnest and useful way. They posted their terrible recipes, and we got the “do not boil your ribs” meme as a result. Their shitposts became fertilizer from which wildflowers grew!

Mandozer is also a profoundly terrible poster, but in a way where there’s not much to do except go “wow that was a terrible post, i wish this person would go back to reddit or nextdoor or wherever else they came from.”

I mean that's not QUITE true. Some of us were around when he posted babydozer.jpg IN THE WAR ROOM.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

evilweasel posted:

perhaps the best fuckgoons was ordo garr, who got perma-readonly (partially because he was a terrible poster) and managed to pursuade a bunch of goons to invest a bunch of money with him anyway when he could not post himself on the forums to solicit it, and then cynoed several supercarriers directly into a PL trap.

that one was pretty good and required a few days worth of planning, as opposed to just getting incredibly high and shooting random goons on the way out

I don't know, you wrote The Secrets of Kaleb Rysode: Teredrum's Revenge

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/188212-the-secrets-of-kaleb-rysode-teredrum%E2%80%99s-revenge/#entry7305018

and that was a pretty goddamn good story.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

andromache posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/188212-the-secrets-of-kaleb-rysode-teredrum%E2%80%99s-revenge/#entry7305018

That's a good story that I wasn't aware of at all before now

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

andromache posted:

Out of all the weird, hosed up people in EVE to have a grudge against-- why the gently caress would it be Powers?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

there's probably some freighter pilots who feel strongly about him, who knows

all these grudges are weird. we just defeated the entire galaxy ganging up on us like tryhards. rub that in anyone's nose who tries to talk poo poo, until they give up and block you

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I get why empire hates goons, they hate any dominant 0.0 group who comes into empire and shoots things - Reddit always reminds me of that dude who has real life stuff to do whenever an op comes up and then half an hour later his NPC corp mission runner alt logs in.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
I was bored and managed to find the post I was thinking about, it wasn't EVE related after all.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752827&pagenumber=5&perpage=40&userid=0#post453281290

Edit: Jesus that was 16 years ago? Why did I remember this, it's so inconsequential.

Andohz fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 1, 2022

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Karttoon did the best gently caress goons

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

andromache posted:

wow that's a whole lot of crazy i had completely forgotten about. from nine years ago, jesus, i've been playing this game too long.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Xolve posted:

Out of all the weird, hosed up people in EVE to have a grudge against-- why the gently caress would it be Powers?

the day after i started hyperdunking he asked me everything about it, him being a starred person in the miniluv jabber i happily obliged and gave him all the deets

the next day there was a themittani.com article about it exactly how it was done, exposing one of the potentially biggest secrets that could've been in eve.

not that i care any more, but at the time it was like 'what the gently caress'

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the day after i started hyperdunking he asked me everything about it, him being a starred person in the miniluv jabber i happily obliged and gave him all the deets

the next day there was a themittani.com article about it exactly how it was done, exposing one of the potentially biggest secrets that could've been in eve.

not that i care any more, but at the time it was like 'what the gently caress'

Of all the things to get airlocked for, that has to be right up there. Selling state secrets for mouseclicks is pretty loving dumb

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Sickening posted:

Of all the things to get airlocked for, that has to be right up there. Selling state secrets for mouseclicks is pretty loving dumb

if we kept it quiet, if it didn't get publicized and exploded in popularity and only did it for certain targets it would most likely still be in the game today

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

flask fucker is Twigand Berries, and was one of the finest responses to a mod challenge ever

"Goonfleet, baby, I gotcha money" is Honkytonk Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Karttoon did the best gently caress goons

Karttoon did nothing wrong