Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
https://twitter.com/susanoftexas/status/1531837310723141633?s=21&t=uwv1GUl9CKo3p42p3izYeA

Many people are saying this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

ex post facho posted:

this is who I voted for in 2020 :unsmith:

same :respek:

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
That thread is so loving disingenuous - 50. TIMES. THE. JOBS. per month! You heard it here folks! Pretty soon we'll have enough jobs for everyone on the planet to be perpetually employed in one of our lovely corporations and America can truly claim status as the first global nation/enterprise.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I literally for the first time in my life spent 50 bucks to fill my car yesterday and obviously I'm not the only one this has happened to. This will have more impact on people's voting than any number of words about how good poo poo that helps rich people is going. I'll enjoy them flailing around going ACTUALLY ITS GOOD YOU GUYS though

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
oh hell yes

https://twitter.com/USMC/status/1531994393950953472

meant to post this in the succ zone but this is basically the same thread

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

DarthRoblox posted:

That thread is so loving disingenuous - 50. TIMES. THE. JOBS. per month! You heard it here folks! Pretty soon we'll have enough jobs for everyone on the planet to be perpetually employed in one of our lovely corporations and America can truly claim status as the first global nation/enterprise.

https://twitter.com/SimonWDC/status/1531608610815586304

This is the sort of poo poo that makes people see red. "We" might be better off in many ways in the aggregate, depending on how you look at it. I am objectively worse off than last year simply because gas and groceries cost so goddamn much more. Guess which one is gonna motivate people to vote?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fast cars loose anus posted:

This is the sort of poo poo that makes people see red. "We" might be better off in many ways in the aggregate, depending on how you look at it. I am objectively worse off than last year simply because gas and groceries cost so goddamn much more. Guess which one is gonna motivate people to vote?

Builder of political things, looking ahead | NDN, DNC, DCCC, Clinton War Room, New Dems | Tufts, Aspen Crown Fellow | 30 yrs in the fight | Slava Ukraini!

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the dems finally figured out a response to reagan speaking into the camera at the final debate with Carter and asking, "are you better off now than you were four years ago?" and it's to tell people that yes, despite what their lying eyes may tell them, they are.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Look thngs are fixed and if you weren't so loving stupid you'd understand that by now.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

i really hate that “doing anything except debates is cheating at politics” is just established democrat dogma at this point

Personally I love it, as it's one of the key ingredients in my favorite dish: a fluffy The Democrats Are Going to Get Destroyed in 2022 omelet

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Getting through covid".

Numbers in my area are going up and many places are requiring masks again, regardless of vaccination status.

We're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's an oncoming train.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

whats bidens plan for monkeypox

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

THS2 posted:

tell everyone not to worry about it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shear Modulus posted:

tell everyone not to worry about it

Same as with COVID :)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

THS2 posted:

Demonize gay people and the gathering thereof and hope it blows over

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

joepinetree posted:

Most democrats really aren't aware of how out of touch they are. I always remember Obama's old plan to "fix" student debt. The idea was that the government would create a ranking of universities based on metrics like % who graduate on time and % who remain enrolled, and reducing student loans available to students enrolled at universities and colleges who got low scores on those criteria. And it was on the verge of being adopted, until community colleges organized themselves to point out that it is very common for students of communities colleges who also work to take semesters off, or just be part time students, and that as such this would essentially devastate community colleges.

Now, stop and think about that for a second: all the "experts" in the Obama admin simply did not think about community colleges in their college plan, despite it being by far the largest type of institution in the US by enrollment. Democrat higher ups are essentially incapable of imagining the world of people who haven't been chasing prestige and credentials from birth.

Also classic Dem policy in that the solution was punitive because that's free* while actually helping anyone costs money and that's hard don't you know we need that political capital to send more missiles to Ukraine

*except for the pmc grifters who operate the program but that's just a lil skim off all the money you save by means testing people into the gutter

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SimonWDC/status/1531609092573249536

lmao

lmao lmao lmao

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

If you let me out of the locker and give me back my glasses I will gladly show you a presentation that proves how I stood up to the bullies.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahaha

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

not convinced to to vote democrat? watch this powerpoint

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

republicans want to give you a pizza, salvation, and a gun. democrats want to give you PowerPoints

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://twitter.com/SimonWDC/status/1531619761611759619

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

lmao

yeah show me all the powerpoints you want about how great The Economy is, it won't change the fact I'll never be able to own a home, never be able to retire, hell I'll be stuck sharing a studio apartment with 2-3 other people until I loving blow my brains out lmao

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

hailthefish posted:

lmao

yeah show me all the powerpoints you want about how great The Economy is, it won't change the fact I'll never be able to own a home, never be able to retire, hell I'll be stuck sharing a studio apartment with 2-3 other people until I loving blow my brains out lmao

unsourced hearsay, where's your thinktank's powerpoint presentation hmmm

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whoever pointed out that biden's in fact sitting around saying "hey man, I thought you liked me"

you got me hosed up as the kids say

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

THS2 posted:

we just gotta quit monkeying around

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

THS2 posted:

Ignore it. We've blown-off covid killing over a million people, and so far monkeypox is posting rookie numbers.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

republicans want to give you a pizza, salvation, and a gun. democrats want to give you PowerPoints

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nonsense posted:

Powerpoints that scold you for daring to make the party acknowledge or perceive you, even

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

is it even better for anyone in the aggregate? I’m legitimately not sure who’s doing better that wasn’t already very comfortably rich

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
In theory at least there's someone who had no job who has one now and is better off but I was probably just being too generous again

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
"HELP I'M DROWNING AND NOT SEEING ANY RECOVERY"

Vote Blue 2022: "It's there"

:v:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The democrats spent their first year of this administration talking about a bill that they knew wouldn’t go anywhere because they’re afraid to pressure Manchin or Sinema at all.

Amazon killed several employees by forcing them to work during a huge tornado. the democrats, to my knowledge, have not even mentioned it or any possible sanctions, regulations, or remedies

one of the largest school shootings in history happened last week and the best case scenario is that the cops sat back and let it happen. the democrat president has said that he thinks they made the right call and that they should be paid more

the democrats have objectively done less to combat an ongoing global pandemic than their opponents, a party whose opinions on the subject range from “it’s a hoax” to “you should take some horse medicine”

pretty much every single other developed nation has publicly responded better to every crisis than the us government

And to top that all off they continue to be openly unwilling to even consider pursuing extremely popular policies that are well within our power to do that have been done in other, less wealthy nations for decades

but yeah I’m sure some powerpoints about all the lovely jobs that have cropped up and the stock market will definitely make people feel better

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

In theory at least there's someone who had no job who has one now and is better off but I was probably just being too generous again

Shame about the people looking for more than 6 months. Sorry 2% of people. Get back to work

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the job of the democrats is to point at a line on a graph and say that this proves you're actually doing very well, peasants, while people become homeless and destitute in larger and larger numbers

they deserve what's coming

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DoubleDonut posted:

the democrats have objectively done less to combat an ongoing global pandemic than their opponents, a party whose opinions on the subject range from “it’s a hoax” to “you should take some horse medicine”

Republicans say “This medicine works, and we want you to have it.”

Democrats say “This medicine works, and we don’t want you you to have it.”

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

lol your material concerns now please join my TED Talk: You loving Idiot, You Absolute Rube, You Are Doing Better, 27 Pinnochios To You Good Sir

*folds arms*
*Pixar smirk*
i assume you will be voting blue no matter who thank u

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's genuinely hard for me to understand that reaction of "well the overall economy is doing great!" when the complaining person is saying "high gas and food prices are making my life much harder"

The first thing doesn't in any way address the second thing so why are you bringing it up?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Liberals on RMS Titanic be like “my end of the ship rose a hundred feet into the air!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007