Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cael posted:

I'd like Less-bius

Well they say Lessbius is Morbius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Now change Fire Punch so that the master plan to bring back human civilization is because she wants to see the sequel to Morbius.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

I find it so amusing that they catered to the monster fuckers and vore enthusiasts of the internet, it is amazing.

How so? Never watched Venom 2

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Venom 2 is an adorable love story between a man and his monster.

Idk about vore. No one gets swallowed and digested. A couple heads gets eaten

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

CelticPredator posted:

Venom 2 is an adorable love story between a man and his monster.

Idk about vore. No one gets swallowed and digested. A couple heads gets eaten

Yeah Eddie and Venom are practically husbands.

Carnage shoves his tongue down a dude's throat, then he eats him. That was quite :stare: but yeah, it was more half-vore-ish. Not there yet.

Oh and that Carnage's mouth PoV poster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

James Gunn continues on his trend of reusing actors as Daniela Melchior (Ratcatcher 2 in The Suicide Squad) is in Guardians 3. Although they haven't announced what character she'll be playing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i hope she's playing ratcatcher 2

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Maybe Nikki?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I just remembered that Morbius ends without ever saying what happened to that little girl he put into an induced coma.

Right? Am I making that up? They end the movie with that kid still in a coma and her doctor is just a full-time vampire now?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Squirrel Girl for sure. Or maybe Lady Lylla. Or Moondragon, Kylosian edition.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gunn specifically shot down Moondragon.

Splint Chesthair posted:

I just remembered that Morbius ends without ever saying what happened to that little girl he put into an induced coma.

Right? Am I making that up? They end the movie with that kid still in a coma and her doctor is just a full-time vampire now?

The movie also forgets that he made three vials of vampire goo and only two get used.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

muscles like this! posted:

The movie also forgets that he made three vials of vampire goo and only two get used.

Maybe that’ll get expanded on in the sequel, Morbius 2: More BS.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Did he shoot down Phyla-Vell? Seems like a solid choice.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

Space-Ratcatcher

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

That's just sequel setup to introduce B-Negative.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

And he still needs to drink human blood, correct? They set that up like that’s the central conflict of the movie and then it’s like nope, killing Matt Smith was all that mattered, movie’s over!

They don’t even give Morbius a coda where he decides to only drink bad-guy blood or anything. No closing monologue about how he’s going to live with his curse as an avenger of the night to atone for his sins or any of that poo poo. What a loving mess.

And never mind how they slam the Vulture in there. “I think it’s got something to do with Spider-Man,” he says, to a guy who should have no goddamn idea who Spider-Man is, if this is the same universe as the Venom movies. Or maybe it isn’t! Who cares!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sentinel Red posted:

Maybe Nikki?

Guardians game is so good. Wait, is Nikki from something else?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Morbius is a difficult movie to dissect because it very clearly got chopped up in editing.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

twistedmentat posted:

Guardians game is so good. Wait, is Nikki from something else?

The character name was used for one of the 90’s GotG, but it had basically nothing in common with the video game character. 90’s Nikki Gold was a fire-haired Mercurian sharpshooter and acrobat.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I believe that Nikki Gold is a 1970s Guardian originally

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Morbius is a difficult movie to dissect because it very clearly got chopped up in editing.

Yes, most definitely, but the screenplay also was a huge pile of poo poo.

Like, Morbius calls Smith’s character “Milo” once as a kid and that just becomes Smith’s name for the rest of his life? Where did Smith’s family go? Where’s Morbius’ family? Why does that one merc go down to the hold of the ship just to harass Morbius’ lady doctor colleague? Why are they sailing with a team of mercenaries in the first place? Why is no one at the hospital in Greece Greek?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

James Gunn continues on his trend of reusing actors as Daniela Melchior (Ratcatcher 2 in The Suicide Squad) is in Guardians 3. Although they haven't announced what character she'll be playing.

She was good in that movie.

She was also rumored to be in it a while back and they said she was Phyla-Vell. So that would be cool.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

site posted:

Prattcatcher 2.

Splint Chesthair posted:

They don’t even give Morbius a coda where he decides to only drink bad-guy blood or anything. No closing monologue about how he’s going to live with his curse as an avenger of the night to atone for his sins or any of that poo poo. What a loving mess.

This was the one part of the movie where I could, like, kind of see where they were going? Like, I get the feeling the end of this movie is supposed to be a Pyrrhic victory for Morbs, with his roëmænce partner ending up turned into a vampire by his own hand and, while he's defeated Milo, Morby had to give in to his savage instincts to do so, and the movie ends with him soaring off, full-on vampire, to get up to whatever evil deeds he's given himself up to now. Given a better movie, that might have made sense. Of course, this is a terrible movie, so it's just dumb.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phylodox posted:

Prattcatcher 2.

That sounds like a reality show where he tries to find a new wife after Anna Ferris divorces him.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

twistedmentat posted:

That sounds like a reality show where he tries to find a new wife after Anna Ferris divorces him.

80s action stars compete alongside their daughters to see who Chris Pratt will choose as his new Christian tradwife.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sgt. Politeness posted:

80s action stars compete alongside their daughters to see who Chris Pratt will choose as his new Christian tradwife.

How quiet can you be while the game is on?

How many kids does John Milnus have?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Isabela Merced has been cast in Madame Web, so I think we have our Anya. Which actually makes me kinda interested in it now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

According to a recent Variety piece WB has decided that they've already put too much money into Ezra Miller's The Flash movie and so it will continue on track for a theatrical release. There are also no plans to replace Miller in the movie as it would be prohibitively expensive. With over a year until release so there's always the chance that Ezra Miller cleans up their act in that time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Recasting him always seemed like just silly fan stuff. I mean obviously it’s been done but with smaller roles or earlier in production mostly. It seems more like the kind of situation that would lead to a film kind of getting buried. But with other characters in the film and a nostalgia returning character there’s so much going on there yeah, I guess you just hope it all fades away and by the time it comes out Miller is either a decent citizen or a footnote.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Those new magazine pics of Elliot Page make him look like a good replacement, if they wanted to

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think "want to" is really the sticking point here. I doubt WB is excited to have a star of a big tentpole release in the news every other week for trying to fistfight the entire state of Hawaii one person at a time. The issue is at this point the movie is all filmed and trying to recast them would mean basically reshooting the whole thing, and the idea of recasting Barry Allen after that presumes we're ever going to see this version of Barry Allen again which I wouldn't bet on.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Would be fun to have "Barry Allen died on his way back to his own home planet" and they just digitally add some character to play Wally West in all the scenes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

That was quick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Medullah posted:

That was quick.

It's 45 days which is becoming pretty standard when studios have their own streaming services.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

It's 45 days which is becoming pretty standard when studios have their own streaming services.

Yeah that's true I guess I'm just bad at math and time is a flat circle lately.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I had the same reaction to The Batman hitting streaming. It’s the new normal I guess but it caught me off guard. I guess maybe it feels quicker now that the world is running again as opposed to a a year or so ago.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think it used to take like 3 months at least for movies to hit blu ray. Digital was faster, but I dunno the time.

45 days is pretty nice and I'm glad it's shorter

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
On the one hand it is nice and on the other hands it is done to pretty much kill the second run theatres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Morb