Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Look at us agreeing on something

Did we just become best friends???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Silly Burrito posted:

And the best burrito is a pizza burrito.

That's a calzone.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

Obi Wan ep 2 spoiler: Why the gently caress does he change out of his disguise and into his jedi robes in the middle of the city as a way to stay hidden?

e: lol what the gently caress Leia. this is dumb even by kid character standards

Disney keeping up their star wars tradition of just absolutely bottling what should be the easiest win in franchise history.

I mean who doesn't want 66% of the story to be reliant on a lovely child actor and internal empire struggles instead of you know... Obi Wan. the character everyone wanted to see a series about.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Recursive posted:

That's a calzone.

No, this has sauce in it.

And it's not a Stromboli, although that's close.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

No, this has sauce in it.

And it's not a Stromboli, although that's close.

Calzones don't have sauce in them?!?

Braksgirl posted:

Did we just become best friends???

Name your favorite pizza topping!!!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1532151847867146240?t=EXHTx-LoEuVdcgYnXavJIA&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

saintonan posted:

There have been eighteen mass shootings since Uvalde.

Dang

I hadn’t even heard of the other ones

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Name your favorite pizza topping!!!

I mean, basic topping? Pepperoni.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BlindSite posted:

Disney keeping up their star wars tradition of just absolutely bottling what should be the easiest win in franchise history.

I mean who doesn't want 66% of the story to be reliant on a lovely child actor and internal empire struggles instead of you know... Obi Wan. the character everyone wanted to see a series about.

When i think "Obi Wan" I think Obi Wan shooting back and forth with some bounty hunter with both missing wildly while Leia stares at the ledge of a building for five minutes with occasional cuts to Reva doing parkour for no reason

Isn't Obi Wan supposed to hate blasters?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

When i think "Obi Wan" I think Obi Wan shooting back and forth with some bounty hunter with both missing wildly while Leia stares at the ledge of a building for five minutes with occasional cuts to Reva doing parkour for no reason

Obi Wan hates blasters because he’s a bad shot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

General Dog posted:

Obi Wan hates blasters because he’s a bad shot.

like flying

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

*Misses a clear shot* “Can’t stand the spread on this clumsy piece of poo poo…”

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

Yeah its a great idea to have an unathletic person awkwardly run along a rooftop and do a backflip for no reason jumping a 2 ft gap.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Its Rinaldo posted:

Correct. Stromboli have the sauce baked in. Calzones you dip in sauce.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The last episode involves Obi Wan taking Leia to Anchorhead and getting her memory erased.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

I mean, basic topping? Pepperoni.

I'll allow it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Dang

I hadn’t even heard of the other ones

That’s because they happen in zip codes that don’t matter.

Also mass shooting is defined by four or more injured I think. That stuff happens in big cities every weekend pretty much.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

That’s because they happen in zip codes that don’t matter.

Also mass shooting is defined by four or more injured I think. That stuff happens in big cities every weekend pretty much.

Yeah, this is a super cool country.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The...police union is turning on these guys?

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1532164454087069700

I mean that should be the case because wtf is going on there but you've hosed up real bad when a police union wants you investigated and I honestly didn't expect this. Even this where it's so obvious that it needs to happen I thought they'd do the usual thing and just have their backs.

e: also the Texas police union being named CLEAT is on brand.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, if the police union is throwing your police department under the bus, you're turbo hosed. I wouldn't bet on it, but it makes me slightly hopeful someone will lose their job over this at the very least.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Police orgs likely see this as a potential turning point for people. They need to show that this was just Uvalde loving up, and try to put trust back into police. It’s the one bad apple applied to a whole department. Although this is school shooting #2 where police were on the scene and did nothing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The police union will sacrifice the Uvalde police dept to the altar of decorum, declare then a bad apple and "not all police departments..." and things will go back to usual.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/DannyVegito/status/1532007056848330752?s=20&t=2oBVsXIGf5tLAS2oNv8bHA

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good god was top gun laughably dumb. But jets at cool so I enjoyed it somewhat.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Cleat, I’ve told you I don’t like you using the word ‘hotbed’.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Good god was top gun laughably dumb. But jets at cool so I enjoyed it somewhat.

I don’t know what you mean, doesn’t every air force leave fully fueled and armed jets completely unsupervised sitting in random hangers in the middle of an air assault?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

I agree

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

So the Obi-Wan show is kinda… not good, huh?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Talk to me, dad ben!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Started my new job today and lol I can already tell I'm going to be grinding my teeth over poo poo I can't control but since it's about deadlines the court sets and I am good at documenting, it should be okay. Still not looking forward to my first "sorry but court will reject this since you got it to me at 4:30, deadline is 4:00 and I don't control poo poo" email. The supervisor is great and the person who does what I do for the court in Kent is also great.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Jesus. The Onion really seems to bring it around mass shootings, beyond just that one story.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1532032743613337601

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1532100933907357698

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1532123587221626887

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Freaquency posted:

So the Obi-Wan show is kinda… not good, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Fvsgv0bYw

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Will Star Wars get bad enough that it goes away except for the cartoons for lil' kids only to be revived in 10 years time when they're grown up.... for the third time?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Star Wars was always bad OP

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

Star Wars was always bad OP

Its always been schlock but until Disney is was always entertaining and charming in its own way.

Disney's poo poo lately is getting in the offensively bad territory.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Its always been schlock but until Disney is was always entertaining and charming in its own way.

Disney's poo poo lately is getting in the offensively bad territory.

I think people are forgetting how really loving bad the prequels were. Just absolutely dog poo poo movies largely carried on the charisma of the actors.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
the Girl Scouts now give out bravery under fire awards to 10 year olds...posthumously

https://twitter.com/girlscoutsswtx/status/1531645593092857856?s=20&t=OAhBsoXyzP9xU_OAtJRFPg

Freaquency posted:

So the Obi-Wan nearly every Disney+ show is kinda… not good, huh?

fixed

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 2, 2022

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I think people are forgetting how really loving bad the prequels were. Just absolutely dog poo poo movies largely carried on the charisma of the actors.

Honestly? No I remember them really well. I did a rewatch a couple weeks ago.

Boba fett and parts of obi wan are just that bad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I haven't seen Bobba Fett, but nothing in Obi Wan is worse than the worst parts of the prequels. And the little girl playing Leia is way better than young Anakin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Skwirl posted:

I haven't seen Bobba Fett, but nothing in Obi Wan is worse than the worst parts of the prequels. And the little girl playing Leia is way better than young Anakin.

That’s damning with faint praise if I’ve ever heard it.

I really would have thought that they’d learned their lesson about storylines involving precocious children but they’re gonna keep going to that well.