Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

You gosh darn poo poo stirrers. Will you stop if I mock you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Skeleton Ape posted:

You gosh darn poo poo stirrers bed shitters.

Fixed.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
So sad to see Jon Stewart join the chuds..

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dysgenesis posted:

Just seen some of Amber Heards testimony on the news for the first time.

She's a terrible actress.

She’s real bad. She shouldn’t have tried to cry on the stand, just came off foolish

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

Note: Amber Heard is not MLK Jr in this scenario, shes a random black criminal the republicans point to in order to discredit MLK Jr's efforts.

Also this post rules

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Skeleton Ape posted:

Lol is everyone in here like 70 years old? Why do so many people think that guy is serious

Pretending to be retarded is not funny

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dysgenesis posted:

Just seen some of Amber Heards testimony on the news for the first time.

She's a terrible actress.

I feel like the nail in the coffin was when her acting coach, telling a completely unrelated story, mentioned that Amber Heard has a really hard time fake crying lmao

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/st...-amber-heard%2F

Edit: beaten

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

TheKingofSprings posted:

Pretending to be retarded is not funny

Don't rob goons of their livelihood.

Like, all goons.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

weekly font posted:

I feel like the nail in the coffin was when her acting coach, telling a completely unrelated story, mentioned that Amber Heard has a really hard time fake crying lmao

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was some old deposition that was supposed to be in her favour in the sense that oh if she's crying they must be real tears but then they played it shortly after her testimony day where she was flailing around from emotion to emotion while being dry as gently caress

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Three Olives posted:

Congrats to the winners of this case, misogyny and weird celebrity worship.

you're the expert on making GBS threads up sugardaddy penthouses

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Remember that Matt Gaetz jumped into the Free Britney protests, these people will throw themselves into anything for attention

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Analytic Engine posted:

you're the expert on making GBS threads up sugardaddy penthouses

lmao

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Three Olives posted:

Congrats to the winners of this case, misogyny and weird celebrity worship.

lol

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Yaldabaoth posted:

You're right, I've taken this too far. I'm bowing out before I get a probe.

Oh teh noes, I might not be able to post on a dead gay comedy forum for 6 hours. Wait a minute, when this saying was coined gay was used as a slur, I mean a dead republican comedy forum.

Still don’t post tho.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Sooooooooo is the reason she never just says, "I swear to god I told the truth" because it might put her in further dubious legal territory after this verdict?

Because this reads like she's more or less abandoning her own purported innocence and pivoting into "the key issue of freedom of speech" (!)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

let this be a lesson amber. you can't just poo poo anywhere you want

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Sooooooooo is the reason she never just says, "I swear to god I told the truth" because it might put her in further dubious legal territory after this verdict?

Because this reads like she's more or less abandoning her own purported innocence and pivoting into "the key issue of freedom of speech" (!)

The new thing is to make everyone feel guilty for not taking her side; apparently every Joe Shmoe charged for domestic violence will sue their victim for defamation. Because, as you know, part of the legal process is the op-ed every victim publishes in a national paper, everyone has money to sue/be sued for, and there will be a plague of lawyers taking on thousands of defamation cases every. Single. Day.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/1532104844495900672?cxt=HHwWgMCq7aLPkMMqAAAA

barmk ima dog lol
Apr 6, 2022
Poop in the toilet, be sure not to roil it
Poop in the bed, best ye play dead

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m pretty sure saying the thing that she just lost the lawsuit for would just get her sued again.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

The last time she said she was abused it cost her 10 million dollars.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

The new thing is to make everyone feel guilty for not taking her side; apparently every Joe Shmoe charged for domestic violence will sue their victim for defamation. Because, as you know, part of the legal process is the op-ed every victim publishes in a national paper, everyone has money to sue/be sued for, and there will be a plague of lawyers taking on thousands of defamation cases every. Single. Day.

The whole Me Too movement was about how women weren't believed about sexual assault and how pervasive the issue is. This absolutely will have a chilling effect (especially in Hollywood)

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Lmao

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
none of this mattered

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Fart Amplifier posted:

The whole Me Too movement was about how women weren't believed about sexual assault and how pervasive the issue is. This absolutely will have a chilling effect (especially in Hollywood)

Well, that's on her for lying

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jesus lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
If Justice were, why me no money? A film by angry stupid.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

kntfkr posted:

none of this mattered

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fart Amplifier posted:

All the more reason Amber Heard should disappear forever.

otoh I thought this article from a few days ago was good https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/male-domestic-violence-survivors-say-feel-depp-heard-trial-turning-poi-rcna29742

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Blue Raider posted:

Also this post rules

It really is amazing.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Do the me too ppl here not know Heard said Depp raped her with a bottle? Or the hundred other things? Both of them should have gotten $0 from this and at least a year of forced rehab on both.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Barreft posted:

Do the me too ppl here not know Heard said Depp raped her with a bottle? Or the hundred other things? Both of them should have gotten $0 from this and at least a year of forced rehab on both.

I mean this would probably have been the best solution, but then also we would have missed out on a whole hell of a lot of lols

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yaldabaoth posted:

Maybe don't shout it from the mountains at a time when women are in danger of losing their civil liberties? There's a time and place for everything.

Yeah, and for your posting? That place is THE TRASH!!!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Barreft posted:

Both of them said a lot of things, I think it came down to evidence

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Fart Amplifier posted:

I felt bad for her until I read that she is claiming the article was never about Johnny.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Barreft posted:

Do the me too ppl here not know Heard said Depp raped her with a bottle?

Yeah, she lied. She lied about all of her injuries

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Yeah, she lied. She lied about all of her injuries

It's insane that she was making up more and more outrageous and monstrous events while in the middle of her own loving public testimony. All she had to do was drop the countersuit that opened her up to her own mental evaluations, stick to the 2-3 public stories and say that Depp slapped her around and verbally debased and demeaned her on a regular basis (regardless of truthfulness) and she would have been completely home free on pretty much every count

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Perfect Potato posted:

It's insane that she was making up more and more outrageous and monstrous events while in the middle of her own loving public testimony. All she had to do was drop the countersuit that opened her up to her own mental evaluations, stick to the 2-3 public stories and say that Depp slapped her around and verbally debased and demeaned her on a regular basis (regardless of truthfulness) and she would have been completely home free on pretty much every count

This is what flipped me, my sister and mother who all came in assuming Depp was a wifebeater. The pictures are up on screen while she’s saying she was held down and punched too many times to count by a man who wears multiple rings and yet no cuts and barely a bruise? We’re all in/retired from medicine and we’ve seen raped and assaulted women and sorry they don’t look good enough to go on James Corden 12 hours later with all the foundation on gods flat green earth.

Thinking about actual victims while she asked us to believe her over our eyes was infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Fart Amplifier posted:

I hope not, that would suck if so. Me Too wasn't supposed to be a battle of the sexes. The trial suggests to me that Me Too can handle the situation of "what if a woman was lying and in fact abusing the man?" because it's focused on getting out the truth, and by extension it suggests it could also handle "what if a man tries to falsely claim he's in an Amber Heard situation?" so long as it remains focused on bringing out the truth.