Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Draga posted:

Welp, I am now 29

Happy twennysomething day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/cBodDTi.mp4

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it was today that i realized its called Wonderlands instead of Borderlands

i am not smart

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gonna repost for this from the may thread but everybody with a $5 to spare should play MagiCat

https://store.steampowered.com/app/656970/MagiCat/

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Draga posted:

Welp, I am now 29

Happy birthday!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Draga posted:

Welp, I am now 29

how's roblox?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Pathfinder games do a lot wrong IMO but I still inevitably end up playing the heck out of them so what the heck I'll probs get this.

EDIT: The Rogue Trader game I mean

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Those kind of intricately complicated RPGs scare me. I don’t know how (or if) people manage to play them without guides

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rinkles posted:

Those kind of intricately complicated RPGs scare me. I don’t know how (or if) people manage to play them without guides

Drop the difficulty, replay lots of times

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Draga posted:

Welp, I am now 29

Happy Bday!! :D

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

alright a sequence of events just happened that has definitely solidified Wonderlands as my game of the year so far

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

alright a sequence of events just happened that has definitely solidified Wonderlands as my game of the year so far

Spoil me

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
naw use a guide for character building even if you're used to em, each game has its own tweaks and quirks and house rules, mob composition, different representation for item types n such. more fun to pick a fantasy, like, i wanna be a witch who is a lich, but nice and -- also a feral freak attacking with bites and claws. there's usually something you can build to approximate that and someone out there already sorted it out and you don't have to get a doctorate in character building

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i am actually so in awe of what just went down i rewatched the whole thing again via shadowplay

mister torgue cast magic missile and blew up the ocean

here's the whole thing i recorded if you wanna just watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOCKqI0mU4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good news everyone ActiBlizz solved bigotry

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1524887302840934410/photo/2

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To be fair it's essentially a Don't Be A Dick policy, and is probably a move in the right direction.

Most users will treat it like Terms and Conditions and ignore it anyway

Can't wait for Kotick to swan off

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I don't see it having much effect unless they start moderating their game properly

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

i am actually so in awe of what just went down i rewatched the whole thing again via shadowplay

mister torgue cast magic missile and blew up the ocean

here's the whole thing i recorded if you wanna just watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOCKqI0mU4

Tbf i only watched the first minute but the game seems kinda irritating !!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oof yeah, wasn't a fan of that at all. More power to those who liked it, and visually that stuff that happens at the end looked cool, but ouch that dialogue and those performances :gonk:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don’t like much of the dialog in Wonderlands, but they do some creative things with the setting (a fantasy table top game with Tiny Tina as the DM)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Borderlands is def one of those games you can either get into, or hate with a fiery passion

It's def a guilty pleasure of mine

Tales from the Borderlands shouldn't be missed though, and I'm hype for the sequel

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also if your options are making a character say 'gently caress' or '*guitar twang*' just say gently caress - unless you can really really make that guitar joke work (They didn't)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Borderlands is def one of those games you can either get into, or hate with a fiery passion

It's def a guilty pleasure of mine

Tales from the Borderlands shouldn't be missed though, and I'm hype for the sequel

Idk, I’m somewhere in the middle. I often despise the humor and writing but I’ll chuckle occasionally, and I’m a sucker for the gameplay. Plus they have great looking environments.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Yeah, Tales from the Borderlands was incredible, just a magical ride from start to finish.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really liked the first Borderlands but got bored partway through 2 and haven't tried another one since.

I've been tempted to pick up another one, or Wonderlands, just because I wouldn't mind having a "smoke some weed and just chill out" game to fall back on when I'm having a lovely day and Borderlands seems like a series specifically designed for that.

Kirby's a real good game for chilling out with or without weed, too

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, Tales from the Borderlands was incredible, just a magical ride from start to finish.

The intros are the best :allears:

EPS 4+5 are amazing tone setters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhuQ4GRzZc

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Draga posted:

Welp, I am now 29

Happy birthday!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

The intros are the best :allears:

EPS 4+5 are amazing tone setters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhuQ4GRzZc

Ahaha, I was actually thinking about including that video in my post because I love it so much :allears:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Draga posted:

Welp, I am now 29

Congratulations! My fiancee is also 29 today and also my mum is uhhh older today haha

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!
wake me up when sega figures out 3d sonic is best done as a score attack trick based game with rankings

:frogsiren: sonic nerd rant :frogsiren:

They got so close with Sonic Adventure 2 then veered way off into platforming. Seriously, how is it not obvious that a tunnel running Sonic game based around reaching ludicrous speeds while performing stunts for points and handing out Bayonetta trophies for style and speed at the end is a winning formula?

Some of the best 3d Sonic stages in SA2 had a minimum time for S-rank and a minimum score, so you had to blast through the level fluently, quickly, while doing cool/risky poo poo for bonus points. If you just wanted to finish the game, the levels were easy. If you wanted to score an S, you had to be stylish.

I recall it being a ton of fun that actually encouraged me to bother getting those S ranks and engage with the game's mechanics on a deeper level than just "hold forward and smash jump occasionally".

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this is a sonic friendly space, please rant all you like

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looper posted:

this is a sonic friendly space, please rant all you like

Amy's kinda blah

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Amy's kinda blah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A new hyptothesis is forming...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Xaiter posted:

wake me up when sega figures out 3d sonic is best done as a score attack trick based game with rankings

:frogsiren: sonic nerd rant :frogsiren:

They got so close with Sonic Adventure 2 then veered way off into platforming. Seriously, how is it not obvious that a tunnel running Sonic game based around reaching ludicrous speeds while performing stunts for points and handing out Bayonetta trophies for style and speed at the end is a winning formula?

Some of the best 3d Sonic stages in SA2 had a minimum time for S-rank and a minimum score, so you had to blast through the level fluently, quickly, while doing cool/risky poo poo for bonus points. If you just wanted to finish the game, the levels were easy. If you wanted to score an S, you had to be stylish.

I recall it being a ton of fun that actually encouraged me to bother getting those S ranks and engage with the game's mechanics on a deeper level than just "hold forward and smash jump occasionally".

I'd say this is basically the Modern Sonic stages in Generations if you've never played that- of course it's only half of the game but the Classic 2D stages are alright too

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'd say this is basically the Modern Sonic stages in Generations if you've never played that- of course it's only half of the game but the Classic 2D stages are alright too

Yeah, Sonic Generations was a pretty great Sonic game.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im surprised everyone hates on the dialogue so much. i think it's funny and good

but anyone who hates on mr torgue is just objectively wrong, sorry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
LittleBigPlanet:

WHY ARE THERE POLEDANCING MEERKATS

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Sonic needs burnout paradise style crashes with the ability to instantly upload a gif of your sonic gibbing in slow mo to the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Getting back to the DQ11 grind..... I keep meaning to do ff7 but I think a shorter game after this might be better