Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I have pre-registered with #CHAOS #BERSERKERRISK

Also, is anyone else having problems with the website not showing your past runs? When I go to My Page, there's nothing there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Looks like 375 is exactly what everyone assumed it would be

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1531774233768230912/photo/1

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ultrafilter posted:

Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dancer.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

Kheldarn posted:

I have pre-registered with #CHAOS #BERSERKERRISK

Also, is anyone else having problems with the website not showing your past runs? When I go to My Page, there's nothing there.

I was having the same issue, it seems like the site was messed up and it's working for me now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tergaso posted:

I was having the same issue, it seems like the site was messed up and it's working for me now.

Yup. Working here, too. Hooray!

Currently only 130 #BERSERKERRISKers. We need more #BERSERKERRISKers for the #BERSERKERRISKgod! :black101:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

ultrafilter posted:

Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dancer.

Honestly pretty good???

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Capfalcon posted:

Honestly pretty good???

...in what universe

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Interesting that you can't do 375 with random or chaos.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Kheldarn posted:

Yup. Working here, too. Hooray!

Currently only 130 #BERSERKERRISKers. We need more #BERSERKERRISKers for the #BERSERKERRISKgod! :black101:

Going Pure Chaos, Fifth Job, Berserker risk again. May fortune favor me and not give me multiple berserkers before sandworm.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I don't make terribly much money but during these last two years of covid my expenses have been even lower so I'm willing to put my thumb on the scale for both The Run and PPFA. What team should I donate towards?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Capfalcon posted:

Honestly pretty good???

I'll throw in $20 for the first goon who completes a run with that team.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
edit: problem solved TY to revenantkioku <3

Legin Noslen fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 1, 2022

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Capfalcon posted:

Honestly pretty good???

This is Wimp Lo. We have trained him wrong, as a joke.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Pre-registered with #reg and #BERSERKERRISK, and watered the Berserker tree with :20bux::20bux::10bux:. Let's get this party started.

I've gotten geomancers on every run but two that I've done so far. Luckily (kinda?), having a berserker around has let me use Equip Axe on the geomancer to equip the Rune Axe. That way, I'm not stuck playing jingle bells the entire time. :black101:

Edit:

hendersa fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 1, 2022

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Kyrosiris posted:

...in what universe

Bartz's World for Monk and then as long as Death Sickles can carry the rest for :v:

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
!Gaia can carry a party in a lot more instances than it's generally given credit for, honestly.

Dancer and Zerker can carry you through the rest, given enough chances.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah equip ribbons solves a lot of problems with the endgame fights, and the rest of that team has the firepower to get you there. it's obviously not, like, good, but it's not a total stinker like some of the teams you can get on chaos zerker risk

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Reiterpallasch posted:

yeah equip ribbons solves a lot of problems with the endgame fights, and the rest of that team has the firepower to get you there. it's obviously not, like, good, but it's not a total stinker like some of the teams you can get on chaos zerker risk

Zerker/Zerker/RDM/DRG wants a word. And that word is :effort:

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Took a break last fiesta but I'm excited to get back into it.

anyway some requested this last year and I've been thinking about it since so

edit took a break two years ago i did three runs last year. oh well still excited to get into it

Darkoni fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 1, 2022

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:discourse:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Darkoni posted:

edit took a break two years ago i did three runs last year. oh well still excited to get into it

good

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
yes, excellent

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Darkoni posted:

Thank you kind goon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Darkoni posted:

:five:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

holy poo poo :eyepop:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Doing #350 #BERSERKERRISK myself.

I actually find Monk Dancers pretty hilarious so I'd enjoy that team lol.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Doom Goon posted:

Doing #350 #BERSERKERRISK myself.

I actually find Monk Dancers pretty hilarious so I'd enjoy that team lol.

Dancing Monks were actually a pretty key strategy for one of the runs a few years ago

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007
Think I mentioned this in a previous thread before it was finished, but I made a FF5 hack that people might be interested in for their fiesta, at least if you play the SNES version:

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6885/

Lets you use spellblade with axes/katanas/etc, double hand with spears, fixes power drinks and the agi weapons bug (in a non-overpowered way) and improves some terrible weapons a bit like bells and harps.

For some reason I thought the fiesta was starting in the next few days but I guess we're still a few weeks off.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
If this The Run party holds it will be so terrible for most of world 1. Not looking forward to it. I wonder if any of them will try to grind Skull Eaters.

And now I want to play it to see how bad it'd be.

edit:

Any reason for no rom patcher mention in the OP? Did Exdeath ever get a release past 0.8.0?

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 2, 2022

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i did a trial run to get my feet wet and quit after finishing world 2 in my typical "i get the gist of it" fashion. Now I've got myself a Dragoon/Chemist/Red Mage/Dancer party and, frankly, I never used any of those classes. This will be fine.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

You have Chemist. You'll be fine.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
This is the year I will be donating for finishing a run as opposed for NOT finishing.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I need to check Steam, but what happened to a Matrix version of FFV if you had it when the pixel version came out? Definitely trying a 375 run this year.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Maigius posted:

I need to check Steam, but what happened to a Matrix version of FFV if you had it when the pixel version came out? Definitely trying a 375 run this year.

It's still available for everyone who bought it. You just can't buy it any more.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I've never played FFV and I'm thinking of using this event as a fun way to do it. About how much of a time commitment is it?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
About 30-40 hours for a blind playthrough, probably? Depending on party and player. Less if you ask for help or use walkthroughs.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

40 hours is probably an overestimate unless you fall into the "I have all these jobs and I have to master all these jobs"

My 100% get the horrible cheevo run was just over 45 hours (including idle time)

My LP run where I talked to everyone which would be more likely what you'd expect going in completely blind was about 24 hours (also including a bunch of idle time). Of course the blind aspect would mean getting more levels/job abilities/whatever so maybe ~30 hours would be reasonable.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Thank you! That's good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is there a mod like the GBA Fiesta one that unlocks all jobs instantly for the SNES version?