Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
worst thing about june
This poll is closed.
that god drat terrible glass animals song that 41 11.05%
only 30 days in which to trumo 75 20.22%
too hot 90 24.26%
amerikkka still exists 165 44.47%
Total: 243 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/TfUZcku.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/AVDAzpV.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

AxGrap posted:

That's awesome. Low level stuff is still something of a mystery to me and since I don't think I'll ever find a use case will probably remain so.

low level seems fascinating until you understand it, then it mostly becomes a very tiny and boring world

when i was a kid my uncle was an early adopter tech nut and he would give me his old stuff with all the docs. the low level machine code just seemed like a bottomless fascinating ocean of tech and i wanted to build computers for a living

then in college i got an internship coding a microcontroller from the boot vector up in pure assembly, by the end of that semester i knew every bit and function of that chip and it became boring and repetitive as hell. i changed my college focus to a more physics based thing since that's a lot harder subject to run out of new stuff to learn

i still like loving with microprocessors in small doses, got a STM32H745 dual core dev board on my desk and am playing with a setup where one core does tightly timed control loops with no interrupts while the other core handles all the communication to the outside world with all the interrupt servicing that communication requires. got the two cores to blink two LEDs last night, which is always kind of the "hello world" of hardware centered programming! :science:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

tacodaemon posted:

so uh there have been bomb threats going on in a town in Wisconsin for the past several days regarding a trans schoolkid there and it doesn't really seem to be making the national news at all?

https://twitter.com/GBBranstetter/status/1531735173330616327
https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1532192986880167938

Hell yes. Trans bombers take my energy

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

WOW! Spider-Trump!

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

I can destroy my own oval office, thank you very much

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

:america:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

PDP-1 posted:

low level seems fascinating until you understand it, then it mostly becomes a very tiny and boring world

when i was a kid my uncle was an early adopter tech nut and he would give me his old stuff with all the docs. the low level machine code just seemed like a bottomless fascinating ocean of tech and i wanted to build computers for a living

then in college i got an internship coding a microcontroller from the boot vector up in pure assembly, by the end of that semester i knew every bit and function of that chip and it became boring and repetitive as hell. i changed my college focus to a more physics based thing since that's a lot harder subject to run out of new stuff to learn

i still like loving with microprocessors in small doses, got a STM32H745 dual core dev board on my desk and am playing with a setup where one core does tightly timed control loops with no interrupts while the other core handles all the communication to the outside world with all the interrupt servicing that communication requires. got the two cores to blink two LEDs last night, which is always kind of the "hello world" of hardware centered programming! :science:

I kinda want to know how to do that stuff with NES/6502, etc. Maybe this came up before, I'm getting some hazy memories.

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

bebop esq posted:

I mean, first off, hell yeah, and second, I'm gonna follow this twitter

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Ouch.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

radical meme posted:

Lol. I don’t thing Elon is going away, in his lifetime. I see Teslas everywhere, everyday. He’s not some industry startup or outlier.

Glumwheels posted:

The major car companies are releasing better EV cars than Tesla, it’s a matter of time and Elong doesn’t want to improve quality or construction. He has dolts working for him and he fucks everything up with his dumb ideas.

The other guys can actually build a car that functions, the panels are seamless, not death traps etc.

Tesla is still like 3/4 of the US market but that's declining over time and globally they're a much smaller part of the plug-in (BEV + PHEV) market (think it was down ~2% to ~14% in 2021) and they've got huge obvious corporate governance issues, but otoh the competition has production issues of its own and Tesla has enormous first-mover advantage/name recognition, by most accounts their current QC is more "bad" than "catastrophic," and they're selling at least in part based on the products that actually exist rather than hype/lawsuit magnets like FSD

it seems a near certainty Tesla's position will become squeezed over time, but it also seems way more likely that just results in them being one player among many rather than going belly up, and if/when Elon gets forced out of Tesla he's not going to be any less dumb/obnoxious or insufficiently mega-rich to make his antics newsworthy

anyway, I just bought a Kia Niro PHEV so I'm doing my part I guess

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

although this one is a little weird
https://twitter.com/The_Buddykins/status/248583016207753216?s=20&t=NVnhkiLUNv1GNrynz9_mcA

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

havana nother mass shooting

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

WOW! Spider-Trump!

This is my favorite multiverse

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1532150651651620865

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

corgiwizard posted:

havana nother mass shooting

if everyone just carried a few frag grenades this wouldn't happen

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
lmao it's spreading

i heard there were three different ones today so i have created a more accurate version

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

that's the genius solution to gun violence, just give all the students a couple three frag grenades, bing bong bang

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

erosion posted:

that's the genius solution to gun violence, just give all the students a couple three frag grenades, bing bong BOOM

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
give all the kids OMA Pro-Pipes i think

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Zamujasa posted:

lmao it's spreading

i heard there were three different ones today so i have created a more accurate version

the sign should just be getting shot up

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Zamujasa posted:

lmao it's spreading

:blastu:

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

bebop esq posted:

Why drive when you can be driven

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGmXGkIr7w0

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“so that’s how I met Herschel Walker’s son”

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

LGD posted:

Tesla is still like 3/4 of the US market but that's declining over time and globally they're a much smaller part of the plug-in (BEV + PHEV) market (think it was down ~2% to ~14% in 2021) and they've got huge obvious corporate governance issues, but otoh the competition has production issues of its own and Tesla has enormous first-mover advantage/name recognition, by most accounts their current QC is more "bad" than "catastrophic," and they're selling at least in part based on the products that actually exist rather than hype/lawsuit magnets like FSD

it seems a near certainty Tesla's position will become squeezed over time, but it also seems way more likely that just results in them being one player among many rather than going belly up, and if/when Elon gets forced out of Tesla he's not going to be any less dumb/obnoxious or insufficiently mega-rich to make his antics newsworthy

anyway, I just bought a Kia Niro PHEV so I'm doing my part I guess

There will always be little bitch Tesla loyalists but once the big car guys and luxury cars come out with mass produced EVs, Tesla is over. They are just getting started whereas Tesla is a loving joke even after several years of this. Time will tell.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Glumwheels posted:

There will always be little bitch Tesla loyalists but once the big car guys and luxury cars come out with mass produced EVs, Tesla is over. They are just getting started whereas Tesla is a loving joke even after several years of this. Time will tell.

there is no future in a world where individuals need/are expected to have cars tho, so

:d2a: etc

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

i posted it on twitter with some nice music

https://twitter.com/xkeepah/status/1532210736457428992

i'm literally laughing so hard at that i'm choking, incredible. :sbahj:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Zamujasa posted: