Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Framboise posted:

Smoliv? More like Martiny. :>

"Marteenie" would also have been acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/dragonstorm1993/status/1532101191173275648

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Zuzie posted:

The past/future motifs in this particular entry might mean that there's a reason why we're able to use Hisuian forms in these games.

It would be very nice if all regional forms were usable in this game.

The regional forms being past or future forms instead would actually be really cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Bee posted:

The regional forms being past or future forms instead would actually be really cool.

I look forward to seeing Past Eevee, who is a horrifying monster beast-wolf before it got tamed into adorable, and Future Eevee who has rainbow fur and can learn any TM.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

this isnt spanish pizza

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
they're already called -Eons, it just makes sense.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Hopefully past forms mean we get non- hosed fossils from SwSh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Past Eevee naturally changed form to adapt to different dangers, giving it an Adaption-like ability where it changes to whatever damage type hurt it last.

Future Eevee has horrifying health problems but is too adorable so nobody cares.

Past Gengar is alive.
Future Gengar is a robot for some reason.

Past Pikachu wears a cute little tigerskin outfit and has an adorable little club
Future Pikachu is dressed like Marty McFly and has a hoverboard like Aloan Raichu

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ImpAtom posted:

Past Eevee naturally changed form to adapt to different dangers, giving it an Adaption-like ability where it changes to whatever damage type hurt it last.

Future Eevee has horrifying health problems but is too adorable so nobody cares.

Past Gengar is alive.

Past Pikachu wears a cute little tigerskin outfit and has an adorable little club
Future Pikachu is dressed like Marty McFly and has a hoverboard like Aloan Raichu

:sickos:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Past Mr. Mime should be a jester.

IMO.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Past Gengar is alive.

Past Gengar is just a Clefable. :D

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

EorayMel posted:

Past Mr. Mime should be a jester.

IMO.

Mr. Prime

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that said enough gen 1, give me the alt gen 5 formes

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Klinklang, but its a water wheel

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Countblanc posted:

that said enough gen 1, give me the alt gen 5 formes

If we don't get a good chunk of Gen 5 formes or related pokemon, I'll be very disappointed. It had an Old vs New/Modern vs Traditional theme as well.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Aristide posted:

If we don't get a good chunk of Gen 5 formes or related pokemon, I'll be very disappointed. It had an Old vs New/Modern vs Traditional theme as well.

Poketubers: DOES THIS MEAN GEN5 REMAKES CONFIRMED????!!!!!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I continually draw blanks whenever I try to think about which Gen 5 Pokemon should get regional forms. Not to mention that a fair number already received them: Samurott, Darmanitan, Yamask (which evolves into a new species), Lilligant, Stunfisk, Zoroark, Braviary and arguably Basculin.

I don't have this issue with other generations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh I get it, Violet is the sequel to Scarlett.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IolWsfOs7FA

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zuzie posted:

I continually draw blanks whenever I try to think about which Gen 5 Pokemon should get regional forms. Not to mention that a fair number already received them: Samurott, Darmanitan, Yamask (which evolves into a new species), Lilligant, Stunfisk, Zoroark, Braviary and arguably Basculin.

God's perfect little soldiers.

But also Whimsicott needs one to got with lilligants.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
gen v is best gen--objectively you're free to disagree but you're wrong--so it should get at least as much pointless milking as gen i has gotten

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
let me team up Lechonk with Tepig

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zuzie posted:

A variant of Hydreigon that doesn't look so doofy.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bleck posted:

A variant of Hydreigon that doesn't look so doofy.

No. More blimp-like, with tinier flappers.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Violet_Sky posted:

Klinklang, but its a water wheel

I like this, also a windmill

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021
Pokemon Return to Mankey version.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Past Emolga is just Electric type Aerodactyl

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Past Yanma/Yanmega are the same, just Wailord-sized.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Finally the elemental monkey trio become the past/present/future trio.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/lidlespana/status/1531990170442031104

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ImpAtom posted:

So what you're saying is there's a ghost in the machine?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://www.ign.com/articles/undertale-creator-toby-fox-composing-music-for-pokemon-scarlet-violet

More Toby Fox music in Pokémon games? :getin:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Future Farfetch'd swaps its sword for a gun.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i kind of hate how the human models look in game compared to the character art. they look like they're ripped from pokemon go and are missing the anime look of characters from past games that were charming

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Future Farfetch'd swaps its sword for a gun.

Commissar Fetch'd

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
Sorry to interrupt the Violet/Scarlet hype chat. I’m playing through Leafgreen and Heartgold now, and I have Emerald, Platinum and White waiting for me. My plan is to bring my Pokémon through the different generations as I go along. Are there any particular Pokémon or items that are particularly worthwhile to bring to the newer generations?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

KungFu Grip posted:

i kind of hate how the human models look in game compared to the character art. they look like they're ripped from pokemon go and are missing the anime look of characters from past games that were charming

Its a lot closer to the Unite and New Snap style, which is kind of jarring when that's the "spinoff" style and the mainline game style's been fairly consistent for several generations now.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Flyndre posted:

Sorry to interrupt the Violet/Scarlet hype chat. I’m playing through Leafgreen and Heartgold now, and I have Emerald, Platinum and White waiting for me. My plan is to bring my Pokémon through the different generations as I go along. Are there any particular Pokémon or items that are particularly worthwhile to bring to the newer generations?

What are you trying to do in each game? Just beat the story? Presumably not complete the pokedex.

You can beat each game with weak pokemon encountered in routes in that game, because the games are designed to be easy enough that a child can easily complete them.

You can't transfer items from generation to generation.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flyndre posted:

Yes, but I don't think items can go past gen 5 do don't sweat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009

Hammerite posted:

What are you trying to do in each game? Just beat the story? Presumably not complete the pokedex.

You can beat each game with weak pokemon encountered in routes in that game, because the games are designed to be easy enough that a child can easily complete them.

You can't transfer items from generation to generation.

Just doing the story and otherwise collecting rare and cool Pokémon. Not completing the Pokédex. I was thinking mainly if there were specific Pokémon that are really hard or impossible to get later on, that makes sense to pick up along the way