Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
This whole discussion is why pharmacists are licensed medical professionals who can override a doctor's order if they believe it to be dangerous, and not just some rear end in a top hat that counts pills.

Drugs are super complicated! Legal, illegal, over-the-counter, prescription, they all gently caress with your body in various ways by definition, you don't want to screw around with that if you aren't a trained expert who knows what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

People seriously comparing aspirin and tylenol/paracetamol to paxlovid just make me shake my drat head.

"Hurr durr apsirin has side effects too, how bad could paxlovid really be?"

It could kill you loving dead.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

spankmeister posted:

People seriously comparing aspirin and tylenol/paracetamol to paxlovid just make me shake my drat head.

"Hurr durr apsirin has side effects too, how bad could paxlovid really be?"

It could kill you loving dead.

I know we’ve been told to get off the derail, but that’s the exact opposite of the point most people are making, which is that even those very common medications can kill you, so be careful with medications of any kind and never, ever lie about your medical history or current medications to get a Rx, because the consequences can be unpleasant and/or fatal.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Article in the NYT about the growth of general antivaxx among parents, caused by the politicization of vaccination. Not too much new info for folks who have been reading on the subject in the thread.

For those who were asking about legislation to regulate dietary supplements earlier, the bill including mandatory product listing for dietary supplements, the FDA Safety and Landmark Advancements Act, has been introduced in the Senate. This is a bill that has to pass every 5 years, so the inclusion of mandatory product registration requirements for dietary supplements is a critical chance to actually get these products regulated. The bill also includes a massive reform expansion of regulations on cosmetics products. If you'd like the antivaxx movement to lose a major source of its funding, please contact your members of congress and tell them you want the dietary supplement provisions in the final version of the bill. Again, this issue doesn't break down along party lines, and calls in favor of regulation can make all the difference. I can help with talking points.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 30, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Discendo Vox posted:

Article in the NYT about the growth of general antivaxx among parents, caused by the politicization of vaccination. Not too much new info for folks who have been reading on the subject in the thread.

For those who were asking about legislation to regulate dietary supplements earlier, the bill including mandatory product listing for dietary supplements, the FDA Safety and Landmark Advancements Act, has been introduced in the Senate. This is a bill that has to pass every 5 years, so the inclusion of mandatory product registration requirements for dietary supplements is a critical chance to actually get these products regulated. The bill also includes a massive reform expansion of regulations on cosmetics products. If you'd like the antivaxx movement to lose a major source of its funding, please contact your members of congress and tell them you want the dietary supplement provisions in the final version of the bill. Again, this issue doesn't break down along party lines, and calls in favor of regulation can make all the difference. I can help with talking points.

This is interesting to me, I don’t understand fully how this stuff works legally but I kind of hope something can get done about the proliferation of random herbs and substances with little more than papers from the 70s, expired patents, and dedicated subreddits.

I looked into nootropics in grad school before deciding they were stupid and dangerous to take, whether due to known hazardous substances, mislabeling, adulterants, or contaminated product. At that time you could even find DMAA on Amazon. From what I can tell, the vendors just relabel and resell remaining stock before moving on to analogs, and the only way sellers stopped selling particular products was when their payment processors told them to knock it off. I’m pretty sure a lot of people have been hurt physically and mentally from subreddits like StackAdvice. What does the bill propose to address these kind of hydra-esque issues?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

mawarannahr posted:

This is interesting to me, I don’t understand fully how this stuff works legally but I kind of hope something can get done about the proliferation of random herbs and substances with little more than papers from the 70s, expired patents, and dedicated subreddits.

I looked into nootropics in grad school before deciding they were stupid and dangerous to take, whether due to known hazardous substances, mislabeling, adulterants, or contaminated product. At that time you could even find DMAA on Amazon. From what I can tell, the vendors just relabel and resell remaining stock before moving on to analogs, and the only way sellers stopped selling particular products was when their payment processors told them to knock it off. I’m pretty sure a lot of people have been hurt physically and mentally from subreddits like StackAdvice. What does the bill propose to address these kind of hydra-esque issues?

The simplified version is this:

Right now, if you're selling a dietary supplement, there's no way for the FDA to even know you're doing it until someone complains or they find one of your products. This bill requires all companies selling supplements to list their products (with label info and manufacturer info) with the FDA, who will put it all in a public database. Companies that don't submit listings (or lie in them) are instantly illegal (and they're illegal in a way that saves the FDA a lot of time/effort for bureaucratic reasons it would take a page to explain). This makes basically all enforcement easier, especially with the obviously illegal stuff.

If you're selling Jeffrey's Herb Pills, and they turn out to be 80% mercury, then either you're in the database for FDA to nail you, or you're not, and they nail you the instant they see your label because it isn't in the database. Amazon can also see the database, so they instantly ban you from their store, or else FDA nails them.

There's also a provision expanding "debarring". Basically the FDA has the ability to ban someone from making drugs. This has a problem, which is they often keep making drugs, but start labeling them as supplements. This bans these "debarred" people from doing that, either.

There's a lot of other stuff with supplements that needs fixing (pretty much the whole category should burn) but this is a huge first step, and the first real chance to increase regulation in 30ish years since the category was created. It will also make it much easier to justify other regulations and increased funding for enforcement down the line.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 30, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Discendo Vox posted:

The simplified version is this:

Thanks. I guess that sounds like a good start. At worst I’ll just laugh about and get laughed at for pursuing something a little naive, but it’s an issue I care about and it seems about the caliber of something possibly achievable in this environment. I’m sure you can tell my expectations of the USG are very low. The history of drug law in this country still makes me reluctant to support this. Can you anticipate any way that people who shouldn’t be harmed could get harmed by this type of law?

Only half jokingly, the harms of such substances as adrafinil have even been seen in this very subforum; you shouldn’t be able to buy just any old substance online imo.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

Can you anticipate any way that people who shouldn’t be harmed could get harmed by this type of law?

Not really...the people enforcing this aren't "the cops" writ large, and there's no racial or class dynamic. It benefits some large companies (including some owned by big pharma) because they can afford to comply with the law, but the people who are opposed are overwhelmingly a front for the ones who are knowingly selling illegal poo poo. Even the cost of compliance is stupid low. I don't have the report on hand, but one of the trade groups was saying the industry-wide cost would be $20 million dollars, in a field that's estimated to net like $8 billion a year. It's literally the least they could do.

The underlying reality is that 99% of the dietary supplement market is a scam; other than some vitamins and a handful of substances like choline, dietary supplements don't work (or at least are actively resistant to being held to a standard where they can be proven to work). This is a baby step toward the dreamt-of date on which the whole category stops existing and across the whole world, healthcare gets a bit cheaper and every single part of public discussion gets a bit saner because there isn't a multibillion dollar market for bullshit pseudoscience flowing through the US, seeping into the coffers of the trump corporation or the alt-right or antivaxx or russian propaganda.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Thank you, I’ll think about this and maybe do something next week. I think you’re probably right about the scope of harms. Have a good evening.

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

Discendo Vox posted:

Good information and I appreciate the post.

Just as a general request, please consider not using underlining for emphasis, especially in a post that includes links. It looks the same on mobile, and it took me a bit to figure out why the please contact your members of congress link was apparently broken.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Apologies, I'd fixed it in the other threads where I posted this, but missed it here. Following are some talking points materials copied from an earlier post and updated.

This bill would make supplement companies send FDA their product information and label. That information goes into a public database (basically a public supplement registry), and FDA can instantly seize and stop supplements that aren't in that system. (It also means FDA will actually know what products are even on the market, since right now there's zero premarket approval or scrutiny for supplements) The short version is that the bill will let FDA crush fake Covid cures and other scam products much, much faster.

If that sounds good, the time to contact your senator's office (especially if they're on the health committee) and tell them you support a mandatory public database for dietary supplements as in the FDASLA. The equivalent House committee is Energy and Commerce. The house passed a version of the bill that doesn't have these supplement provisions, so you need to tell them that you want the final version of the FDASLA to have mandatory product listing for supplements.

The politics involved are complicated, but the short version is that it's worth doing no matter what party they are a part of or where you live, and the decisions are being made very soon. This doesn't fall along the usual partisan or even industry lines, and hearing even a single call or email of public support could actually change whether this happens. The best time to call may be Tuesday, after the holiday passes, but I'm genuinely not certain.

Talking points:

Here's the author of S 4090, talking about the need for supplement listing: https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ynKOZAVMrzxR

You can mine the video for talking points(it's a good watch), but some basic starters:
  • Always say you use supplements, and you want to feel like they're safe and better regulated...and that you want them to support S 4090 or anything else that helps create a mandatory dietary supplement listing system.
  • Saying you want a more transparent market or want to be able to know what you're taking is what it says it is, is also a good line with most senators.
  • If the senator is Republican, talk about creating a "stable, free market for supplements made here in America" and in particular, say that you are always worried about foreign drugs (you can say Chinese or Russian, if you want) getting imported and dumped on the market as supplements.
  • if they're a Dem, it may be effective to say that you know there are a lot of fake Covid cures labeled as supplements, and you think this could help clean things up- and boost trust in vaccines, too.
Cunningham offered some more general info about contacting a congressional office.

cunningham posted:

My own comments (as one who routinely communicates with congressional staffers):
1. Be succinct. Staffers have limited time and get dozens (sometimes hundreds) of requests per day. Be short, sweet, to the point.
2. Have an "ask." It's one thing to say, "this sucks, you should fix it!" It's another to say, "this sucks, here is how you can fix it." That's why I asked about whether there was a bill to support, and what language you would like to see in it.
3. Know your audience. Mitt Romney represents Utah, and supplements are BIG there (thank you, Orrin Hatch). DoTERRA a CRN member (https://www.crnusa.org/membership/responsible-its-our-middle-name), and there must be more. Your Senator will care more if you can tell them "look, [company] is in our state, they support this." Kansas goons, get on it: both of your Senators are on the HELP committee (food manufacturing is pretty big there, too: https://www.kansascommerce.gov/industry/food-processing/).

If you would like more specific info, context, or talking points for a particular senate office, PM me.

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

Discendo Vox posted:

Apologies, I'd fixed it in the other threads where I posted this, but missed it here. Following are some talking points materials copied from an earlier post and updated.

This bill would make supplement companies send FDA their product information and label. That information goes into a public database (basically a public supplement registry), and FDA can instantly seize and stop supplements that aren't in that system. (It also means FDA will actually know what products are even on the market, since right now there's zero premarket approval or scrutiny for supplements) The short version is that the bill will let FDA crush fake Covid cures and other scam products much, much faster.

If that sounds good, the time to contact your senator's office (especially if they're on the health committee) and tell them you support a mandatory public database for dietary supplements as in the FDASLA. The equivalent House committee is Energy and Commerce. The house passed a version of the bill that doesn't have these supplement provisions, so you need to tell them that you want the final version of the FDASLA to have mandatory product listing for supplements.

The politics involved are complicated, but the short version is that it's worth doing no matter what party they are a part of or where you live, and the decisions are being made very soon. This doesn't fall along the usual partisan or even industry lines, and hearing even a single call or email of public support could actually change whether this happens. The best time to call may be Tuesday, after the holiday passes, but I'm genuinely not certain.

Talking points:

Here's the author of S 4090, talking about the need for supplement listing: https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ynKOZAVMrzxR

You can mine the video for talking points(it's a good watch), but some basic starters:
  • Always say you use supplements, and you want to feel like they're safe and better regulated...and that you want them to support S 4090 or anything else that helps create a mandatory dietary supplement listing system.
  • Saying you want a more transparent market or want to be able to know what you're taking is what it says it is, is also a good line with most senators.
  • If the senator is Republican, talk about creating a "stable, free market for supplements made here in America" and in particular, say that you are always worried about foreign drugs (you can say Chinese or Russian, if you want) getting imported and dumped on the market as supplements.
  • if they're a Dem, it may be effective to say that you know there are a lot of fake Covid cures labeled as supplements, and you think this could help clean things up- and boost trust in vaccines, too.
Cunningham offered some more general info about contacting a congressional office.

If you would like more specific info, context, or talking points for a particular senate office, PM me.

Thanks, great info. I'll take it to PMs if I have questions.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Don't take medical advice from random posters on SA, thanks. You wouldn't think this is the type of thing we'd have to warn people about but welp.

e: Shout out and thank you to Discendo Vox for the great write-ups on S 4090. Maybe I'm a bit naive but it does seem like this could actually be the rare bipartisan thing capable of passing in this political climate. I know that just about every right wing grifter has their hands in the cookie jar of the shady supplements industry, but I don't know how much that translates to actual GOP pols, at least enough to trash this thing on a partisan basis.

e2: v Thanks for the clarification. v

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 31, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

To clarify, this is not S 4090. S 4090 has the same provisions (mostly), but it's all now packaged in a different bill, the senate version of the FDASLA (which I don't think has a number yet). The FDASLA is the thing that can actually pass.

Part of the reason it can pass is because a lot of the big supplement companies actually like the legislation- or will, if it gets some (genuine) fixes. Hence the weird bipartisan support.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

They had a big meeting at work last week that was in-person and everyone was just-short-of-required to attend, masks optional (nobody was wearing them though from what I can tell). Apparently one of the managers showed up with COVID and spread it to everybody and now almost my entire department has it. I was one of two people on my team who didn't show up in person and I'm being very smug about this fact and will use it as evidence for my position of not showing up in person because I'm just going to be sitting at a table following along with the presentation on my laptop anyway.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lager posted:

They had a big meeting at work last week that was in-person and everyone was just-short-of-required to attend, masks optional (nobody was wearing them though from what I can tell). Apparently one of the managers showed up with COVID and spread it to everybody and now almost my entire department has it. I was one of two people on my team who didn't show up in person and I'm being very smug about this fact and will use it as evidence for my position of not showing up in person because I'm just going to be sitting at a table following along with the presentation on my laptop anyway.

lol at this point you're like the designated survivor for an event like that. Someone has to stay home so we have a skeleton crew to run the department when everyone else gets covid at the same event.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

PostNouveau posted:

lol at this point you're like the designated survivor for an event like that. Someone has to stay home so we have a skeleton crew to run the department when everyone else gets covid at the same event.

I actually am using exactly this argument to push my manager to allow me to be a fully remote employee.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I scheduled my 2nd booster. Feels like throwing bricks into the Grand Canyon.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Discendo Vox posted:

To clarify, this is not S 4090. S 4090 has the same provisions (mostly), but it's all now packaged in a different bill, the senate version of the FDASLA (which I don't think has a number yet). The FDASLA is the thing that can actually pass.

Part of the reason it can pass is because a lot of the big supplement companies actually like the legislation- or will, if it gets some (genuine) fixes. Hence the weird bipartisan support.

If the mandatory database was included included, would the bill also help crush bullshit "nutriceuticals" sold by right wing grifters like Alex Jones?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Mercury_Storm posted:

If the mandatory database was included included, would the bill also help crush bullshit "nutriceuticals" sold by right wing grifters like Alex Jones?

YES. All of those are sold as dietary supplements. When I talk about the broader political ramifications of the dietary supplement industry, Alex Jones and Rogan are two excellent examples.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

PostNouveau posted:

It's good. Here a goon did a thread about how to get it easy from telehealth people

https://twitter.com/ToonyGoons/status/1524538401839628289

Fritz the Horse posted:

It's not harrumphing to point out the fact that Paxlovid has some serious medication interactions and Blackadder's mom should consult with her doctor to make sure it's safe. That does not make Paxlovid a bad or ineffective drug, in fact it's really amazing if taken early in a COVID infection.

I don't understand your desire to handwave away interactions and side effects, it's bad medical advice.

Been juggling a few things over the weekend so I'm just catching up on the thread now. First, thanks to everyone who replied and voiced their concern for my Mom. I was able to get her to one of Biden's Test-to-Treat locations (ironically it ended up being one of the local pharmacies she already goes to so they already had all her medical info on file) and after making sure all her medications were up to date and consulting with their Physician on staff they gave her a prescription for Paxlovid. And I'm happy to report that aside from some annoying metallic taste in her mouth she's actually made a pretty miraculous turn around. I don't know if it was the antiviral or the worst of the virus passing, but she's doing a lot better!

* Also, just to clarify, I would never take nor advocate for anyone to take medical advice from "the internet" or any other source that was not medically licensed and qualified to give it. You guys did, however, save me some time in narrowing down what my options were and what I should be asking doctors about, so thanks again!

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

I went to visit my mum in England for the first time in a few years and then went to Poland to see a friend, and wow, compared to Canada no-one here gives a poo poo about covid anymore. I don't think I saw even half a dozen masks in total between the two countries.

Fairly sure I caught it in Poland (probably from the packed Ryanair flight where no-one had masks on) - I had a tickle in my throat and a slightly tight chest for half a day or so but then it went away and I haven't noticed anything since. Thank gently caress for vaccines.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

When I talk about the broader political ramifications of the dietary supplement industry, Alex Jones and Rogan are two excellent examples.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I'd like to learn more

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

skewetoo posted:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I'd like to learn more

DV can reply in more detail but a lot of right (and left) wing grifters make much of their money selling "supplements." For example: https://www.npr.org/2021/03/24/979362593/alex-jones-still-sells-supplements-on-amazon-despite-bans-from-other-platforms

quote:

Just as Amazon provides massive third-party sellers — such as Starbucks, Coca-Cola or Apple — with their own online storefronts, Jones' Infowars Store has a home on the site, too. There, he sells products such as "Super Male Vitality" drops, "Lung Cleanse Plus Spray" and "Prostaguard" pills.

In the age of COVID, a lot of supplement grifters have made big money selling COVID treatment/"cure" products. They peddle anti-vaxx disinfo and then tell people to buy their magic vitamin C + zinc COVID supplement which is genuine Ayurvedic medicine or whatever.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Xombie posted:

I have bad news for you about where the rest of the world got Covid from.

Can you imagine how bad it would have gotten if Covid had broken out anywhere besides China? There would have been ZERO control if it had happened in the US. China bought the rest of the world months to prepare for the pandemic and it was squandered.

GlassEye-Boy fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 1, 2022

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Can you imagine how bad it would have gotten if Covid had broken out anywhere besides China? There would have been ZERO control if it had happened in the US. China bought the rest of the world months to prepare for the pandemic and it was squandered.

not sure what the relevance of bringing up a post from almost 10 days ago is, especially since the conversation was regarding North Korea--you've removed the post you're quoting from context.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fritz the Horse posted:

DV can reply in more detail but a lot of right (and left) wing grifters make much of their money selling "supplements." For example: https://www.npr.org/2021/03/24/979362593/alex-jones-still-sells-supplements-on-amazon-despite-bans-from-other-platforms

In the age of COVID, a lot of supplement grifters have made big money selling COVID treatment/"cure" products. They peddle anti-vaxx disinfo and then tell people to buy their magic vitamin C + zinc COVID supplement which is genuine Ayurvedic medicine or whatever.

What Horse says, but also the grifters who sell supplements and alt-med also benefit from, and seek to instill and intensify false beliefs that separate their target audiences from society and reality. It's a feedback mechanism, a market and an incentive structure, for conspiracy theory and political belief systems detached from facts and empathy for others. Polities emerge out of the alt-med space itself, on things like gender identity and the alt-right figures that got their start selling bullshit bodybuilding "masculinity" supplements.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 1, 2022

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

GlassEye-Boy posted:

I actually can't imagine things going particularly differently, no. Once it spread from it's place of origin there was really no way to not end up exactly where we are. What do you think could have gone worse?

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

How are u posted:

I actually can't imagine things going particularly differently, no. Once it spread from it's place of origin there was really no way to not end up exactly where we are. What do you think could have gone worse?
Imagine if China kept the existence of the virus quiet for weeks and locked up anyone who dared sound the alarm -oh poo poo wait, that's what actually happened

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

How are u posted:

Definitely the case given that no countries with initial outbreaks managed to contain them. Oh wait...

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

GlassEye-Boy posted:

China bought the rest of the world months to prepare for the pandemic and it was squandered.

The first covid case outside of China was less than 2 weeks after China reported the pneumonia cluster to the WHO.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Is it over yet?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Stickman posted:

Definitely the case given that no countries with initial outbreaks managed to contain them. Oh wait...

Doesn't really help much to contain the initial outbreak after it had spread overseas.

Arguably, we'd be better off if the virus had emerged somewhere other than China--the debate on containment might have been more fruitful if the reigning champion of containment wasn't also the origin of the pandemic.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Remembering when every other goon had a story about chilling with their friend who spent November 2019 in Wuhan and flew back feeling kinda rough

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tiny Timbs posted:

Remembering when every other goon had a story about chilling with their friend who spent November 2019 in Wuhan and flew back feeling kinda rough

Goony Guys Getting Friendly

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
When was the first news story about cruise ships with COVID patients returning to Florida? I think that's the moment I said to myself "We are totally screwed."

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Some goddamned frightful reading here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_on_cruise_ships#Ships_with_confirmed_cases_on_board

First US docked ship with confirmed Corona was in Oakland, fwiw. The first cruise ship to try and dock in FL was in early April. By that time we were already deep in it.

killer_robot fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 2, 2022

fartman
Sep 19, 2021

Alctel posted:

I went to visit my mum in England for the first time in a few years and then went to Poland to see a friend, and wow, compared to Canada no-one here gives a poo poo about covid anymore. I don't think I saw even half a dozen masks in total between the two countries.

Fairly sure I caught it in Poland (probably from the packed Ryanair flight where no-one had masks on) - I had a tickle in my throat and a slightly tight chest for half a day or so but then it went away and I haven't noticed anything since. Thank gently caress for vaccines.

I am also visiting Europe and can confirm, somehow even less people wear masks here than in the United States.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

GlassEye-Boy posted:

How would Covid had spread to North Korea from the US? I'm confused about your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Xombie posted:

How would Covid had spread to North Korea from the US? I'm confused about your point.

Dennis Rodman?