Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

On 479, the second of a few episodes where Jah is Skyping to Seth's inbox from Europe. I remembered that he wasn't actually in Paris but still his itinerary was at least vaguely, if voluntarily, affected by the Bataclan attack; am I also remembering correctly that he was in Europe at the time of the big Icelandic volcano that competely disrupted flights there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

It’s gonna be a Lonely Planet

for your loved ones

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Love Seth's new theatre era

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
i love UYD but jonathan really needs to hand over every technical aspect of the show over to literally anyone else. they make enough on patreon to outsource that poo poo, and it's just insane that like every other patreon update is jonathan saying "uh sorry I hosed poo poo up, but we'll be back on a normal schedule soon!".

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Never, that's part of the charm

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Podcast version of 918 got uploaded with the 918 music, but the 917 audio lol

Did this get fixed? I haven't heard the real 918 yet.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I bought a t shirt, knowing full well that it may never arrive

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Did this get fixed? I haven't heard the real 918 yet.

Yeah it did and it was a great episode.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
One hilarious on going bit from the old eps is seth's "narc" guy. It never fails to crack J up. It combines the funny cop "drugs lingo" bit with seth being scared that young people can tell he isn't cool anymore.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Maybe I was just in a really good mood yesterday, but the body butter/electric charging station community college bit made me laugh quite a bit.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Maybe I was just in a really good mood yesterday, but the body butter/electric charging station community college bit made me laugh quite a bit.

THE Professor

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

On 479, the second of a few episodes where Jah is Skyping to Seth's inbox from Europe. I remembered that he wasn't actually in Paris but still his itinerary was at least vaguely, if voluntarily, affected by the Bataclan attack; am I also remembering correctly that he was in Europe at the time of the big Icelandic volcano that competely disrupted flights there?

Not sure if it’s what you’re remembering — in 219 Seth tells a story about a guy who was in Iceland for a short trip. Volcano erupts. He can’t get out. When he finally gets home, he has a huge bill from short term parking.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Just listening to 916 and just loving the bit where Jonathan insists that “twot” is an unforgivable swear in the UK (it really is not).

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

TACD posted:

Just listening to 916 and just loving the bit where Jonathan insists that “twot” is an unforgivable swear in the UK (it really is not).

It is unforgivable if you pronounce it like that.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I love that Seth loves Columbo

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Uhh Yeah Dude with Jonathan and Crystal Starshooter

mweber posted:

Not sure if it’s what you’re remembering — in 219 Seth tells a story about a guy who was in Iceland for a short trip. Volcano erupts. He can’t get out. When he finally gets home, he has a huge bill from short term parking.
Sounds like that's probably it

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Have you tried praying to St. Anthony to find the UFOs?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

mistermojo posted:

I love that Seth loves Columbo

I love that Seth hates 95% of things and then is obsessively all-in on the other 5%.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Jeff Wiiver posted:

i love UYD but jonathan really needs to hand over every technical aspect of the show over to literally anyone else. they make enough on patreon to outsource that poo poo, and it's just insane that like every other patreon update is jonathan saying "uh sorry I hosed poo poo up, but we'll be back on a normal schedule soon!".

This gets addressed at the beginning of the most recent ep

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Haven't had a chance to listen, but did see Jonathan's Instagram post about it. Seems like it's generating some new patreon subs, which I'm all for.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Yeah basically the guy who used to do everything for them got a new job, so it all fell on Jah. The old setup prioritized video first to draw patrons, but it didn't work, even most patrons don't watch the video, and it drags down release of the audio. so they're saying F it and just putting up the audio versions then following with a more "shoot it and ship it" video format. They may have said something about not even bothering with putting the videos behind paywall anymore but I probably misheard that part

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

They should’ve given Jeff a mic when they had the chance.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

When did they start doing the 2 episodes a week thing anyway? I listened a ton from like 2010-2015 and only started back up in 2020. Very happy the guys are still doing it and I'm actually glad the format is the same. It's basically the only way I know anything about pop culture anymore.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Professor Latency posted:

When did they start doing the 2 episodes a week thing anyway? I listened a ton from like 2010-2015 and only started back up in 2020. Very happy the guys are still doing it and I'm actually glad the format is the same. It's basically the only way I know anything about pop culture anymore.

I feel like around the time the Patreon did.

Saw the post they made about it. I'm a Patron but I'll usually watch the videos when they show up on YouTube. On that note, they need to get back to putting clips out on their channel. I've found it's a good way to get people into the show rather than showing them the 'No Games, No Drama' clip again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Haven't had a good Michael Jackson rant from Seth in a long time, and 921 delivers.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I wonder how much more money they'd make if they did a patron only EP.

hunkydory
Nov 11, 2012
I thought i heard a lot of veiled? comments from Seth about Jah tanking their tv meetings recently when he's complaining about the video stuff too. Nothing's easy for the boys 16 years in.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

hunkydory posted:

I thought i heard a lot of veiled? comments from Seth about Jah tanking their tv meetings recently when he's complaining about the video stuff too. Nothing's easy for the boys 16 years in.

I think Jah admitted years ago to tanking it. Isn't this the meeting that he took where he lied about being Muslim because they wanted him to shave his beard?

Or have there been more recent TV meetings lol

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I think was he was trying for adverts then, pre UYD days.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzn9vSFrbk

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Loving this discussion floating in and out of 922 of Jah and Seth trying to remember the name of a bar that they didn't go to after an Atlanta live show.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
A thing I will always be obsessed with is how they decided to record these videos on a day when Jonathan got Too High and those were the only Uyd vids on YouTube for years

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

A thing I will always be obsessed with is how they decided to record these videos on a day when Jonathan got Too High and those were the only Uyd vids on YouTube for years

Yeah whats up with that

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Listening to 923, hearing Jonathan start to wrap up the show, I look down and there's 20 minutes left. Always a good sign.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
$150M for coco

Insanity

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hello I don't think i've posted here in like 8 years but what's the name of that old bit they used to do, it was something called like "who's [x] harder?"

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

beep by grandpa posted:

Hello I don't think i've posted here in like 8 years but what's the name of that old bit they used to do, it was something called like "who's [x] harder?"

Who's partying harder and who's parenting harder iirc

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

beep by grandpa posted:

Who's Mommin' Harder (sometimes Daddin')

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Who's Mommin' Harder (sometimes Daddin')

YES thank you :love:

How are the boys these days, I haven't listened to them in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Or just Parenting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UoR1dUm9dE

KID COULDN'T HANDLE HIS poo poo

The Boys are good, still living learning laughing and doing it all in Los Angeles. Seth's Sundance finally died, and he moved out of Hobart and in with his girlfriend.