Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sitting Here posted:

opiates are one of the foulest demons known to man and quitting them at all is pretty much a hero act. I'm in the same boat as you with cigs, albeit I was never a heavy smoker. It helps that they smell really bad and don't make you feel super amazing.

yeah the smell was a huge help, growing up i hated the secondhand smoke from my mom and stepdad and i was like "i will never smoke cigarettes". what i had not reckoned on, was that, in the 90s, it was literally impossible to be "cool" and not be a smoker.

while quitting opiates sucked, it probably only sucked so bad because i insisted on doing it with no help or anything. i just stopped taking them and felt like poo poo for a couple weeks.

i had a tooth infection back around Christmas and the ER gave me opiates (probably because i DIDN'T ask for them, haha). i took them and they were awesome but when they were gone i was like "that's fine", so in addition to being incredibly handsome and talented i'm also apparently one of those people who can occasionally do something without relapsing. i quit drinking (not for any reason though, just because i stopped enjoying it) as well, and now any time i have a glass of wine i just stop after a glass

now, weed, on the other hand, i don't think i could ever quit nor would i ever want to, it's the only thing that makes me happy. lol. but also, :smith:

(if anyone needs someone to talk to about quitting opiates or whatever you should PM me, i'm not saying i can help, i am a very stupid moron, but i can talk!) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Sitting Here posted:

opiates are one of the foulest demons known to man and quitting them at all is pretty much a hero act. I'm in the same boat as you with cigs, albeit I was never a heavy smoker. It helps that they smell really bad and don't make you feel super amazing.

But drat if one doesn't look cool smoking some Djarums in college.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
sort of back on topic: my shoelace made a heart, which is a reflection of how i feel about all you smokers tokers and jokers

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sitting Here posted:

sort of back on topic: my shoelace made a heart, which is a reflection of how i feel about all you smokers tokers and jokers

:sever:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Sid Vicious posted:

canadian mental health association sent me 6 months worth of patches and lozenges and i told my kids to guilt me hard about it every chance they get, they still say daily "you dont smoke cigarettes any more"

in america, if you're blind you gotta pay for own sunglasses and cane because blindness is a pre-existing condition

actually, there's a state run quit line I should probably give a shot

good job

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I've "quit" opioids like 5 times now in the past 2 decades (legit chronic pain etc) and it's miles easier to stop them than it is cigarettes. :(

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Can you smell what Bluedeanie is cookin? (it was a pork butt)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bluedeanie posted:

Can you smell what Bluedeanie is cookin? (it was a pork butt)

Please star in my wine commercial.

For the selfie mines:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Literally A Person posted:

Please star in my wine commercial.

For the selfie mines:

I see your son is cosplaying Squall

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

It's funny, I've quit smoking numerous times and 99% of the time I go back because I'm bored for extended periods. Like, I'll be fine and not have any cravings but things will stagnate and then something hits it off and I go and buy a pouch of tobacco. It's really weird.

Anyway I've got a new hair style, and just got the sides trimmed down again from this picture. At the gym again for the first time since covid started, and my God it feels so good

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Elentor posted:

I see your son is cosplaying Squall

:lol:

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

It's funny, I've quit smoking numerous times and 99% of the time I go back because I'm bored for extended periods. Like, I'll be fine and not have any cravings but things will stagnate and then something hits it off and I go and buy a pouch of tobacco. It's really weird.

Anyway I've got a new hair style, and just got the sides trimmed down again from this picture. At the gym again for the first time since covid started, and my God it feels so good

Looking handsome dog. I think getting jacked is a great idea.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Helios Grime posted:

It was suggested that my squatface would be a swell addition to the selfie thread.

So please enjoy.

they were correct

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

This is from an employee ID a year ago. I still own the badge but this is the raw photo from an instagram save

Opium & Steel Reserve, per usual

I don't own a single photo of myself alone looking normal. This is a video of me from the Masaokis archive channel where I told a related story about long departed goon Straker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nFh4XOnopI Measurable more sober here, just Sambuca & 25oz Hurricaines

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dr appt yesterday

e: removed

And today I found out I was exposed to covid

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 6, 2022

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Bloop posted:

Dr appt yesterday

More like that motherfucker was exposed TO YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
But yeah, don't be sick please.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

More like that motherfucker was exposed TO YOU

I mean that also yes

Might have caught goonishness

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my wife won us tickets to Whose Live Anyways so we got to see that and have our first night away from our kids since the pandemic started, it was amazing

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Nice! We're doing that in a couple weekends and seeing The Kills.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

My wife and I got to see I Don't Know How but They Found Me a bit ago when they came to Atlanta and it was great. Superet opened for them and it was an all-around good time.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
20 years ago today I was at MCRD San Diego. USMC boot camp.

I wasn't a fan.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

20 years ago today I was at MCRD San Diego. USMC boot camp.

I wasn't a fan.

You were a jarhead?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: that was a bit much lol, but yeah I was in for a little bit

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 2, 2022

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

The Bloop posted:

Dr appt yesterday

Hey bud, I found out the same on Saturday. Unless you were making out with that person, I'm gonna bet (and hope!), pure fine. Good luck!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Hanging out watching YouTubes while one of my girls sleeps on me lol

Looking like trash, got the dysphoria hoodie going on, gently caress it, got cuddles.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I promise I'm not a proud boy or oathkeeper. Just a generic white dude.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a new haircut

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Elentor posted:

I got a new haircut

:swoon:

I love how your look is both soft and incisive

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Is very cool haircut and aesthetic, well done.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

An open mic comedy club I go to have hired an amazing photographer and now I'm just madly in love with these pictures of myself doing a thing.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm laughing right now!

jk cool pics and grats on doing something you love and being brave enough to put yourself out there

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

syntaxfunction posted:

Hanging out watching YouTubes while one of my girls sleeps on me lol

Looking like trash, got the dysphoria hoodie going on, gently caress it, got cuddles.

you are so pretty :3:

i'm going to a pride parade in a little bit. but i'm dressed for work.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Elentor your new do rules.

How do I do that timg thing so my face doesn’t alarm people?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TheMostFrench posted:

An open mic comedy club I go to have hired an amazing photographer and now I'm just madly in love with these pictures of myself doing a thing.

those are legit good, i would use a couple of those in your portfolio if you have such a thing

monkeytennis posted:

:yeah:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

monkeytennis posted:

How do I do that timg thing so my face doesn’t alarm people?

just place a t at the start of the open and close img tags like [ timg ] this is the image url [ / timg ]

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Hello from the car I do all my rants in. Today’s was a good one: the housing market and how I’ll be renting forever and ever.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

its a beautiful day today

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

precision posted:

you are so pretty :3:

i'm going to a pride parade in a little bit. but i'm dressed for work.

i love your esthetic and i wish i was cool enough to do it. like a character from a william gibson novel

Elentor posted:

I got a new haircut

incredible. please start a band.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Hello from the car I do all my rants in. Today’s was a good one: the housing market and how I’ll be renting forever and ever.

lol. needs a bloatee, oakleys, and a cap but prettygood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i love your esthetic and i wish i was cool enough to do it. like a character from a william gibson novel

haha, i wish i could say i'm not going for that look, but on a subconcsious level, i am absolutely going for that look. i read the sprawl trilogy when i was 14. thank you! :)