Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like I'm quite fortunate in that I never had friends growing up and so never developed the need for them as an adult, really.

I have a couple of people I trust but see infrequently, and largely am very isolated and I think the last time I did a voluntary social event was probably about fifteen years ago. I dunno, I found that I just never really like doing things with other people because I have to concentrate on them rather than the thing I am doing, much prefer doing things by myself as I can do them at my own pace and concentrate on it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Yes. This struck me as I just briefly tuned into GMB. The media today all busy treating the clearly mentally ill bootlickers who are literally camping in loving tents on the Mall as though they are typical of the Great British public.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Lady Demelza posted:

I had a nice bonding moment with a colleague when we realised we'd both picked the same location as a beautiful place to die should we ever decide to commit suicide.

Well don't leave us hanging (ha), share the suicide spot

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

So just to compound the stupidity of Brexit , and to make things even worse naturally, Sunak is going to go balls deep into loving Shitcoins. Hilarious

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/05/31/bank-england-take-collapsed-cryptocurrencies/

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao @ taking over collapsing industry that produces nothing of value.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like I'm quite fortunate in that I never had friends growing up and so never developed the need for them as an adult, really.

I have a couple of people I trust but see infrequently, and largely am very isolated and I think the last time I did a voluntary social event was probably about fifteen years ago. I dunno, I found that I just never really like doing things with other people because I have to concentrate on them rather than the thing I am doing, much prefer doing things by myself as I can do them at my own pace and concentrate on it better.

I definitely relate to that but it can be dealt with (though I doubt you want to). Just realising that you don't have to read other people's emotions and reactions constantly and just do The Thing but Next To Each Other is a skill but it can be practiced.

It probably stems from adult figures in your childhood

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

OwlFancier posted:

I'm also pro masturbation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

I definitely relate to that but it can be dealt with (though I doubt you want to). Just realising that you don't have to read other people's emotions and reactions constantly and just do The Thing but Next To Each Other is a skill but it can be practiced.

It probably stems from adult figures in your childhood

Oh sure, it's just that that's still just less fun than doing The Thing but By Myself. If I want to do The Thing I would rather do it without any distractions.

It's just nice to be on your own, I find. Don't have to worry about anyone else, or be conscious of time or anything, just go and wander around in isolation with a packed lunch and no obligations for the day. Very nice to just exist by yourself in a pleasant environment like the woods or somewhere.

People are their own Thing that you do, basically. Trying to do other Things with People is like trying to eat ice cream and dinner at the same time.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm also pro masturbation.

We know.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Yes. This struck me as I just briefly tuned into GMB. The media today all busy treating the clearly mentally ill bootlickers who are literally camping in loving tents on the Mall as though they are typical of the Great British public.
We need to bring back some of the old British gods like the Alaisiagae and Brigantia and that chap with the deer horns. It'd give these people something to do, possibly involving wine or a sacred grove and a column of some sort, rather than going around in tents invoking Babylonian creator deities to keep a Hanoverian family in charge of the country for reasons they're not fully certain about.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Plus if you go with cernunnos you can still have the silly hats.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Runcible Cat posted:

I quite like the thought of herbs. And there's a market stall I know in Walthamstow that sells catnip plants, but the trouble with that is they tend to get rolled/chewed to death by every cat in the area before they get a chance to establish themselves....

If you put the wire part of a hanging basket upside down over the catnip it gives it a bit of a chance to grow without getting rolled on. The cats can still get to the leaves once the plant gets big enough.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
QUEEN

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
QueAnon

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1532290851191267328

e: and a bonus CWS https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1532264917314818049

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jun 2, 2022

TwoShanks
Feb 27, 2007

Robots of the world unite

Antrodemus posted:

where and how can I do this in a manner that doesn't involve paying $120 at heathrow, thanks in advance

I had to go to the US about a month ago. I did a video antigen test through qured.com, worked fine and cost £20. Use code BATRAVEL20 to get a bit more discount.

They send you a test and you take it on a zoom call then upload a photo.

Oct 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/LouisDegenhardt/status/1532030938301050881

Also, does anyone know if this is actually true?

https://twitter.com/lulinspector/status/1531952997927886854

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
eat flags, peasants

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Tesseraction posted:

Which is ironic as I'm 0% Australian.

australian is a state of mind imo

if you can address someone as a oval office in a friendly way, you're there

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Scenes from Glasgow

https://twitter.com/RogerMellie67/status/1532332612290760704?s=19

I'll never get the mindset of people who desperately want to be peasants

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
in glasgow and in my part of the world that kind of thing is much more about asserting your belonging to your tribe, really

if we're being serious, i suppose

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
that interview with del boy really encapsulates a lot about what's wrong with this country: the interviewer and him having a little chortle about the queen making an obscenely racist remark about a person she'd just met

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

crispix posted:

in glasgow and in my part of the world that kind of thing is much more about asserting your belonging to your tribe, really

if we're being serious, i suppose

But why would Rangers let cameras into the player's cafe?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I am loathe to be entirely fair about the "gorilla" statement but she was referring to Walter Annenberg, an extremely white US amabassador in 1969, referring to his build. He's explicitly talking about seeing a clip from a banned documentary.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
oh okay

probably my interpretation was going on her late husband's many remarks that could very well have attracted penalties for hate crimes rather than heart warming chortles had anyone else made them

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
She did get an exemption from the equality act so it's not as if her views on race aren't well known.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i gen'rally think she is a horrible old bag and wouldn't give her the benefit of any doubt tbh

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Scenes from Glasgow

https://twitter.com/RogerMellie67/status/1532332612290760704?s=19

I'll never get the mindset of people who desperately want to be peasants

Tasteful and dignified. Happy birthday your majesty.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

She did get an exemption from the equality act so it's not as if her views on race aren't well known.
I assumed anointed hereditary monarchs would be exempt anyway, because the whole idea is antithetical to any kind of equality.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

crispix posted:

oh okay

probably my interpretation was going on her late husband's many remarks that could very well have attracted penalties for hate crimes rather than heart warming chortles had anyone else made them
I was going more by David Jason's classic 'look across at the black guy before saying it' move.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Can't imagine someone from a family of Nazi party apologists and members would be racist. Treasonous to suggest such rot.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
congratulations on becoming a dame of the round table, wee jimmy krankie https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-61659804

more good news!!

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

crispix posted:

that interview with del boy really encapsulates a lot about what's wrong with this country: the interviewer and him having a little chortle about the queen making an obscenely racist remark about a person she'd just met

do you have a link?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
it was linked a few pages ago

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

congratulations on becoming a dame of the round table, wee jimmy krankie https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-61659804

more good news!!
"She is one of dozens of Northern Ireland people to be included on the list."

Lynn, these are Ireland people!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jiggerypokery posted:

do you have a link?

Also just in case Ms A is reading, I have decided that you are some sort of fey trickster goddess who has put some sort of horrible ironic curse on me because as of today the NHS is advising me to sound for medical reasons and has provided me with a giant pack of foot long things to do it with.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Solemn and patriotic sounding in honour of our blessed Queen.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

can't believe the NHS will provide training and equipment for you to shove rods up your piss hole like a pervert ON THIS DAY OF THE QUEEN's BIRTHDAY JUBBLY

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New addition to the Romano-British pantheon just dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She did used to have that rad avatar with the lady with the horns on

E: the antlers, I mean, not the bowsette av