Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

glyph posted:

Thanks.

I love the interior on yours. My e61 is close to that, schwartz2 and natural dakota. I'd love a little more something in the interior of my e91, the sensatec black manual sport seats are a little... uninspiring. Maybe some brushed aluminum trim to brighten things up will help. The wood is pretty drat dark.

Did you add the euro airbox, or did the PO do that?

E: Somehow I managed to hit the perfectly imperfect FCP euro order saturday night. (Free shipping kicks in at $50).

why not buy an oil change kit while you're at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

why not buy an oil change kit while you're at it?

I already have one waiting? :shrug:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I hate run flats 99% of the time, but when I will admit I kind of love them when you pick up a nail or something. It's nice to be able to limp off the field under your own power.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I love my new BMW I4 and I think I was the first person in the state to get one. Getting lots of people asking how I like it and some thumbs ups from other BMW guys on the road. I was sitting in my driveway finishing up a work call and some doofus walked up and started knocking on my window to ask me questions about it. I told him I was on a call and he goes "oh okay...so how do you like it?" Come on, Bam.

Car runs great, extremely smooth ride and whisper quiet inside. It's so quiet that the loudest thing is the creaking of the plastic on the baby seat in the back.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I love my new BMW I4 and I think I was the first person in the state to get one. Getting lots of people asking how I like it and some thumbs ups from other BMW guys on the road. I was sitting in my driveway finishing up a work call and some doofus walked up and started knocking on my window to ask me questions about it. I told him I was on a call and he goes "oh okay...so how do you like it?" Come on, Bam.

Car runs great, extremely smooth ride and whisper quiet inside. It's so quiet that the loudest thing is the creaking of the plastic on the baby seat in the back.

Description unclear, how do you have a quiet baby?

:D

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Alarbus posted:

Description unclear, how do you have a quiet baby?

:D

It's a REALLY loud car seat.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I like the i4. It I fear it has an even smaller back seat than my 5er. The i7 is too big for my garage and so the loving stupid siren song of the iXM60 is now singing at me.

Like I want an allocation. gently caress.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The M4 has perfectly serviceable rear leg space, although it lacks a middle seat and the headroom isn't great. I imagine all 4 series cars are the same. Go sit in one.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I’m just gonna give up and buy an X5 like all the normies.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lmao I found out that some knucklehead at a local shop put my (staggered) rear wheels on the front of the car. he must have decided to do a "tire rotation". i've been driving that way for months. i hope nothing is permanently hosed.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

If your car hasn't been spinning more often than usual and the rear wheels haven't been rubbing on the struts or fender lip, you're probably fine.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Congrats you can now get another pair of rears and run square like god intended.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

lmao I found out that some knucklehead at a local shop put my (staggered) rear wheels on the front of the car. he must have decided to do a "tire rotation". i've been driving that way for months. i hope nothing is permanently hosed.

I had my winters swapped for my summers a few days ago.. I have the sudden urge to go look and make sure they put the right ones on the front/back... and in the correct direction...

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Holy poo poo how in the hell did they even manage that. Now I am gonna be paranoid every time somewhere removed the wheels

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

heffray posted:

If your car hasn't been spinning more often than usual and the rear wheels haven't been rubbing on the struts or fender lip, you're probably fine.
I'm more worried about the transfer case / steering rack tbh

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Big Taint posted:

I’m just gonna give up and buy an X5 like all the normies.

Boooo

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Big Taint posted:

I’m just gonna give up and buy an M5 like all the sexhavers.

Congrats good job.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

BMW iRoadshow is coming to town and I signed up for the free "autocross" in the i4. I'm genuinely curious what a 5,000 lb 4 series handles like.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Feels great, imho

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Saw the latest model M4 Competition in the flesh today - it looks much better in person, even the snout. The bonnet styling for the M flows cleaner into that big honker, for sure

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Isle of Mann green is so good I forget about the snout.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g40080102/2023-bmw-m3-edition-50-jahre/

Move over Isle of Mann Green, that purple is loving hot 😍

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sab669 posted:

Purple M cars are pretty much always hot.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Techno and Daytona are both such good colors, E36 really did crush it with colors. If I had silly money, absolutely would down to frame color change my wagon to techno violet

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheBacon posted:

Techno and Daytona are both such good colors, E36 really did crush it with colors. If I had silly money, absolutely would down to frame color change my wagon to techno violet

Both of those look amazing on the F80 as well. I love my Tanzanite F80 but I wish I'd been willing to search for a Daytona car.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Sab669 posted:

I am so tempted to make one of these my daily driver even though my current one is fine.

But it's not purple.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 26, 2022

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Has anyone done the BMW Ultimate Driving Experience/Autocross? I did M Track Days a few years back at Monticello which was neat, but not sure I'd do it again too quickly. Do they have generally have a lot of the current range to sit in/check out at the Autocross events?

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Residency Evil posted:

Has anyone done the BMW Ultimate Driving Experience/Autocross? I did M Track Days a few years back at Monticello which was neat, but not sure I'd do it again too quickly. Do they have generally have a lot of the current range to sit in/check out at the Autocross events?

Usually it’s their newest smaller car and not the top trim. I’ve done a 230 and a 330.

I only went back to do a 330 because it got me $1k off my M340. I also test drove a Tesla Model3 Performance on the way home and I preferred the 330.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Seen near my house.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
ok so apparently BavAuto went out of business in 2019, great great

who do I go to now if I need parts and replacement trim for my E36?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
FCP euro is the go to these days, I think

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

FCP euro is the go to these days, I think

rad, thx

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
FCP Euro also offers warranties on all their parts. If you buy a part, it later breaks, you buy a new one, send the old one back, and they refund the new one. Obviously only worth it for something that costs significantly more than shipping.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Cojawfee posted:

FCP Euro also offers warranties on all their parts. If you buy a part, it later breaks, you buy a new one, send the old one back, and they refund the new one. Obviously only worth it for something that costs significantly more than shipping.

I haven't had the chance to us it yet, but one of my colleagues claims they are very civilized about the whole thing.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Cojawfee posted:

FCP warranties EVERYTHING they sell, even consumables like oil and brake pads. We didn't bother with the oil but we warrantied the hell out of brake pads/rotors, wheel bearings, suspension bushings and engine/transmission mounts on our race car. They're a great company to deal with and I recommend them to everyone.

From their FAQ:

quote:

How do I return oil?

Once you've used your first oil change kit and are ready to change your oil again, purchase a second kit at your convenience and change your oil.

Then, go to our Returns page to browse the directions, FAQ, and file an RMA by clicking "Submit Lifetime Guarantee Replacement" to return the first kit for a refund against the second kit. If you checked out as a guest, you won't be able to file a return in the portal, so please fill out and include this printable return form instead.

Please also package the oil in either the old oil containers or the new oil containers, then double bag and the fluids then pack them in a sturdy box to prevent leaks along with your return form.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I haven't had the chance to us it yet, but one of my colleagues claims they are very civilized about the whole thing.

They have an Instagram account dedicated to returns: https://www.instagram.com/fcpeurolrg/

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

FCP warranties EVERYTHING they sell, even consumables like oil and brake pads. We didn't bother with the oil but we warrantied the hell out of brake pads/rotors, wheel bearings, suspension bushings and engine/transmission mounts on our race car. They're a great company to deal with and I recommend them to everyone.
I just don't understand how they make money while doing this. I know they have a markup but their prices are very competitive. Maybe a lot of people just don't take them up on it, but they don't hide that they offer this service.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I just don't understand how they make money while doing this. I know they have a markup but their prices are very competitive. Maybe a lot of people just don't take them up on it, but they don't hide that they offer this service.

I think it's just that people just don't use it all that much. Most things I've bought from them have been too cheap to bother sending back. Plus, things probably last long enough that by the time the thing breaks again, you either don't own the car anymore, or you forgot you bought it at FCP Euro.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

It's like mail in rebates. It sounds good on paper and draws business at a greater rate than people actually follow through with mailing them in / using the warranty in this case. And yeah, like Cojawfee said most things probably last so long they don't own the car anymore or have forgotten about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

it also is an extremely effective way to dominate the market. even if a part were cheaper on ECS or whatever, i would still buy it on fcpeuro for this reason.