Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ahahahaha now that I did not know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
From the cursed image thread:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
As an American with a kid born abroad, I did ton of research on "natural born citizen" and shocking no one, it's an unsettled bit of constitutional law that with the right Supreme Court could swing any loving way. Remember, the constitution doesn't actually say what counts as "natural born", just that it's a prerequisite.

So first and most obviously, there's no dispute that someone born in the United States is a natural born American. It's also no dispute that someone born to an eligible* American abroad is an American citizen at the time of their birth. This is Ted Cruz and George Romney.

What's an open question is if being American at the time of your birth is the same as being a natural born American. It's never been challenged because no candidate for president has ever gotten close enough for it to matter. Trump of course threatened to sue Cruz if he stole the nomination from him in a brokered convention in 2016, but that never needed to happen as Trump won the nomination outright.

McCain is the closest we've ever gotten, but he was crushed by Obama and there was no chance to challenge the constitutionality of his claim.

*Little known fact, you have to have lived in the United States for 5 years after your 13th birthday in order to pass on your citizenship.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

From the cursed image thread:

TBF I can only imagine that convincing people to do the opposite. Good job propaganda team!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Babby booey babby booey Elon Musk's penis babby booey

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I wonder how big a pyramid Musk will build as his future tomb.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

It will be a globe, roughly 2000 miles in diameter, and orbit the earth. Musk's face will be carved into it on a side that is tidally locked to always face the earth.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Random Stranger posted:

It will be a globe, roughly 2000 miles in diameter, and orbit the earth. Musk's face will be carved into it on a side that is tidally locked to always face the earth.

Musk will just buy the moon and carve his ugly :preacher: face on that.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
His pyramid - the top huge amount is his main home, will be a massive factory and Amazon warehouse he owns Amazon, and he will die and these shutters will fall over this huge area that encompasses his factory, warehouse and miles of the workers communities. All in the pyramid zone.

And the air will be sucked out and it will be re-gassed with some preservative and sealed forever.

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 2, 2022

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Yaldabaoth posted:

Musk will just buy the moon and carve his ugly :preacher: face on that.

And under it his mantra: “I’m just like you! Bazinga! Amirite?”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol buy the moon

he can't even afford twitter

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BigglesSWE posted:

Lol even though it will be 95% sandstone it will be so soddly built it will still manage to burn down.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Main Paineframe posted:

the dogecoin guy hates crypto

he made dogecoin as a joke, to highlight how stupid and useless crypto was

joke's on him I made like $50 on it :hehe:

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
How did elron musk get so rich anyway? Just floating on a bunch of investor money? I see like MAYBE one tesla every day and I drive quite a bit.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

phobo posted:

How did elron musk get so rich anyway? Just floating on a bunch of investor money? I see like MAYBE one tesla every day and I drive quite a bit.

Daddy's money and then thing-on-internet web 1.0 poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I06RAj0TWGs

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

dr_rat posted:

Lol even though it will be 95% sandstone it will be so soddly built it will still manage to burn down.

given how techbros keep reinventing the wheel but worse , I wonder how they'll gently caress up "place rocks on top of rocks." (but in a smart and stable way)

also muskrats literally think Musk is ironman/rick. and they think that real science is literally comic book science and every scientist even those that arent chemist have glass labware and they mix colorful liquids together. and they all have chalkboards with "e=mc2" written on it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

PhazonLink posted:

given how techbros keep reinventing the wheel but worse , I wonder how they'll gently caress up "place rocks on top of rocks." (but in a smart and stable way)

They'll use cheap plastic and petroleum byproducts in the masonry that wind up being extremely flammable

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
someone in another thread said that Elon has logged in 1000 hours in a recent game. This true? I need to know/a source, lol

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
They'll plan to fund the pyramid by having each block of stone being tied to an NFT on the Blockchain and NFT owners will have exclusive permissions to visit Musk's tomb after it's complete.

Like all NFT Blockchain projects it will be shut down before anything is actually done and Musk will keep all the funds.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Popoto posted:

someone in another thread said that Elon has logged in 1000 hours in a recent game. This true? I need to know/a source, lol

He has been linking screenshots of playing Elden Ring, if he has sunk a lot of hours into it I don't know. The images he did share lead to him being mocked for playing a less than ideal build for his character.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Don't know if its 1000 but his character level indicated he sunk a fair amount of time into elden ring

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Ironically, General Motors is expanding work-from-home to even include some factory workers.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2022/05/24/gm-factory-employees-work-remote/9894537002/?gnt-cfr=1
(Paywall)

Detroit Free Press posted:

General Motors is allowing some salaried factory employees across many of its factories in the United States more flexibility to work remotely.

The automaker confirmed to the Detroit Free Press [on] Monday that it is conducting some pilot programs in its factories

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 2, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
hour counters for game and gamelaunchers/platforms suck. having it idle on the main/start/pause menus count, the program sleeping,hibrentating, tabbed out counts.

hell you can probably metagame it and get hours higher than the games current age.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Guze posted:

Don't know if its 1000 but his character level indicated he sunk a fair amount of time into elden ring

Can't remember where but I saw a comment that his Tarnished started out with a fortune of runes thanks to his parents' somberstone mining operations

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Speleothing posted:

Ironically, General Motors is expanding work-from-home to even include some factory workers.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2022/05/24/gm-factory-employees-work-remote/9894537002/?gnt-cfr=1
(Paywall)

https://twitter.com/dontAtttttMe/status/1532237602698534913?t=fqrisEBJaPyO3w5iapyesA&s=19

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

People like this are just boomers who don't understand that people do not need to physically be in the office to generate money for the company anymore.

Also, Elon's comment about "Pretend to work somewhere else" is really telling. It's obvious he thinks people who work from home are using it as an excuse to goof off.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Popoto posted:

He's playing Cyberpunk 2077, spending hours punching and shooting Lizzy Wizzy in the face and then loading the save file again so he can kill her over and over.

Lizzy Wizzy is voiced by Grimes, who also has two songs in the game as the character she plays.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
dont modern games have so many metric hooks, that CDRed might actually have the number of times musk has done that?

lol if this is the timeline where a Musk trial has a bit of "has killed his virtual girlfriend XX XXX times"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Of course it was all just theatrics. Tesla just announced that they are laying off 10% of their workforce

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

Of course it was all just theatrics. Tesla just announced that they are laying off 10% of their workforce

Yeah who called that? Come and get your prize!

quote:

Tesla (TSLA.O) CEO Elon Musk has a "super bad feeling" about the economy and needs to cut about 10% of jobs at the electric carmaker, he said in an email to executives seen by Reuters.

The message, sent on Thursday and titled "pause all hiring worldwide", came two days after the billionaire told staff to return to the workplace or leave, and adds to a growing chorus of warnings from business leaders about the risks of recession.

Almost 100,000 people were employed at Tesla and its subsidiaries at the end of 2021, its annual SEC filing showed.

The company was not immediately available for comment.

Tesla shares fell nearly 3% in U.S. pre-market trade on Friday and its Frankfurt-listed stock was down 3.6% after the Reuters report. U.S. Nasdaq futures turned negative and were trading 0.6% lower.

Musk has warned in recent weeks about the risks of recession, but his email ordering a hiring freeze and staff cuts was the most direct and high-profile message of its kind from the head of an automaker.

So far, demand for Tesla cars and other electric vehicles (EV) has remained strong and many traditional indicators of a downturn - including increasing dealer inventories and incentives in the United States - have not materialized.

But Tesla has struggled to restart production at its Shanghai factory after COVID-19 lockdowns forced costly outages.

"Musk's bad feeling is shared by many people," said Carsten Brzeski, global head of macroeconomic research at Dutch bank ING. "But we are not talking about global recession. We expect a cooling of the global economy towards the end of the year. The U.S. will cool off, while China and Europe are not going to rebound."

Musk's gloomy outlook echoes recent comments from executives including JPMorgan Chase & Co CEO Jamie Dimon and Goldman Sachs President John Waldron.

A "hurricane is right out there down the road coming our way," Dimon said this week. read more

Inflation in the United States is hovering at 40-year highs and has caused a jump in the cost of living for Americans, while the Federal Reserve faces the difficult task of dampening demand enough to curb inflation while not causing a recession.

Musk, the world's richest man according to Forbes, did not elaborate on the reasons for his "super bad feeling" about the economic outlook in the brief email seen by Reuters.

It was also not immediately clear what implication, if any, Musk's view would have for his $44-billion bid for Twitter (TWTR.N).

Several analysts have cut price targets for Tesla recently, forecasting lost output at its Shanghai plant, a hub supplying EVs to China and for export.

China accounted for just over a third of Tesla's global deliveries in 2021, according to company disclosures and data released on sales there. On Thursday, Daiwa Capital Markets estimated Tesla had about 32,000 orders awaiting delivery in China, compared to 600,000 vehicles for BYD (002594.SZ), its larger EV rival in that market.

Wedbush Securities analyst Daniel Ives said in a tweet it appeared Musk and Tesla were "trying to be ahead of a slower delivery ramp this year and preserve margins ahead of an economic slowdown."

'PAUSE ALL HIRING'

Before Musk's warning, Tesla had about 5,000 job postings on LinkedIn from sales in Tokyo and engineers at its new Berlin gigafactory to deep learning scientists in Palo Alto. It had scheduled an online hiring event for Shanghai on June 9 on its WeChat channel.

Musk's demand that staff return to the office has already faced pushback in Germany. read more And his plan to cut jobs would face resistance in the Netherlands, where Tesla has its European headquarters, a union leader said.

"You can't just fire Dutch workers," said FNV union spokesperson Hans Walthie, adding Tesla would have to negotiate with a work council on terms for any departures.

In a Tuesday email, Musk had said Tesla employees were required to be in the office for a minimum of 40 hours per week, closing the door on any remote work. "If you don't show up, we will assume you have resigned," he said.

Musk has referred to the risk of a recession repeatedly in recent comments.

Remotely addressing a conference in mid-May in Miami Beach, he said: "I think we are probably in a recession and that recession will get worse."

In late May, when asked on Twitter whether a recession was coming, Musk said: "Yes, but this is actually a good thing. It has been raining money on fools for too long. Some bankruptcies need to happen."

Other companies have cut jobs or are slowing or pausing hiring amid weakening demand.

Last month, Netflix (NFLX.O) said it had laid off about 150 people, mostly in the United States, and Peloton said in February it would cut 2,800 jobs. Meta Platforms (FB.O), Uber (UBER.N) and other technology companies have slowed hiring. read more

In June 2018, Musk said Tesla would cut 9% of its workforce as the then-loss-making company struggled to ramp up output of Model 3 electric sedans, although data in its SEC filings showed reductions were more than offset by hiring by year end.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah who called that? Come and get your prize!

I will take it in nice crips 20s, please.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Anyone remember the dancing 'robot' from a few years ago

Well
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1532525711763841043?s=20&t=FCJDXcWNS9nwtQt11PoJmQ
:lmao: such horseshit.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m guessing he’s gonna blame the people getting fired for them being fired, what with them not immediately bowing to his every whim and work from the office 20h a day.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

KitConstantine posted:

Anyone remember the dancing 'robot' from a few years ago

Well
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1532525711763841043?s=20&t=FCJDXcWNS9nwtQt11PoJmQ
:lmao: such horseshit.

"I named our experimental robot after a Transformer because I'm a huge nerd just like you. Please love and defend me"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Zil posted:

I will take it in nice crips 20s, please.

It would be a very nice crip to give you 20 dollar bills

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

It would be a very nice crip to give you 20 dollar bills

Oh damnit, crisp 20 bills. drat dysgraphia.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Zil's doorbell rings. He opens his front door and is confronted by 20 angry Crips.

Enjoy your No Prize!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Elon meltdown incoming

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1532741084517900288

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
If there's anything I like about Biden, it's when he calls the assholes out on their poo poo.

Edit: Oh, that's going to especially piss off Elron because it has a dismissive tone.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress thats a solid old man burn