Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/mattspendley/status/1532192142612897793

Can anyone explain to me what a series lead means? Never heard of it before.

It means you lose the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Wonderllama posted:

It means you lose the series

drat. Ty. Appreciate the advice.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Matt Zerella posted:

drat. Ty. Appreciate the advice.

Don’t know if you can tell, I enjoy being the bad guy

P.S. I’m handsome

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

something something real hockey isn't played in the western conference. something something cup contenders would never give up 6 goals in a game

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
hootin' and hollerin'

Pretty obvious that Vasy at least was real rusty but way to kick 'em when they're down

I expect Tampa to play a much tighter game on Friday and things to be a lot more difficult, but Rangers have a lot of room to improve on the defensive end as well. FOrwards were kinda poo poo in coverage a lot of time, as much as I love Miller he was playing weird and way too aggressive

But poo poo, put up 6 on Vasy and hold Tampa to 2 goals can't not be excited about that

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Wonderllama posted:

Don’t know if you can tell, I enjoy being the bad guy

P.S. I’m handsome

gently caress you Wonderllama, you fuckin nerd.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1532190860368138240

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

:sickos:

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Is that a real person i should recognize? Sorry I was at the gym

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
22 goals in 2 games is acceptable

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

hot take, whoever wins this game is going to the finals

the rangers are going to the finals

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

My take away from the first two games of this round is that you can take absolutely nothing away from either of them.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Vasy looked incredibly rusty lol

I'm happy if either team wins tbh

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Vasy looked incredibly rusty lol

I'm happy if either team wins tbh

Can they both lose?

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Every NHL playoffs you see how certain matchups might benefit one team- I think the Lightning, even as 2-time defending champions, are a good matchup for the Rangers (3-0 in regular season). I mean to completely dominate Florida like that, you can't tell the Rangers are just that much better than that team, but for whatever reason how we play/matchup Rangers looked good all regular season vs Tampa and obviously dominate Game 1.

Kaapo hasn't had the goals but to me watching every game, the Kids line has been a strength vs every team this playoffs and he's always a good 2-way player strong on the puck and making good passes. Setting up Filip on that goal to take the lead was huge.

Also think with Miller playing as well as he has, he's one of the biggest reasons we're here. The back-checks he's able to get on player on a breakaway is absurd.

knox fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 2, 2022

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The kid line is coming of age, and it is glorious.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Tampa's weakness - Metro teams with a red, white, and blue color scheme.

Rangers in 4.

Quoting this.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Levitate posted:

hootin' and hollerin'

Pretty obvious that Vasy at least was real rusty but way to kick 'em when they're down

I expect Tampa to play a much tighter game on Friday and things to be a lot more difficult, but Rangers have a lot of room to improve on the defensive end as well. FOrwards were kinda poo poo in coverage a lot of time, as much as I love Miller he was playing weird and way too aggressive

But poo poo, put up 6 on Vasy and hold Tampa to 2 goals can't not be excited about that

I think the Rangers are going to win the series, and the Cup. Tampa's had a bad habit of coasting too much all year and now they're finally playing a team that can and will torch them for it. It'll get tougher as the series goes on and Tampa realizes when they're down 3-1 that they might actually lose, but the Rangers are dangerous enough to take one of those last 3 games anyway.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I think Tampa was just slow and out of sync after a 9-day break. They'll come back and hurt some folks the next game, as is custom.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Eric the Mauve posted:

I think the Rangers are going to win the series, and the Cup. Tampa's had a bad habit of coasting too much all year and now they're finally playing a team that can and will torch them for it. It'll get tougher as the series goes on and Tampa realizes when they're down 3-1 that they might actually lose, but the Rangers are dangerous enough to take one of those last 3 games anyway.

I'm not gonna discount Tampa. I think too much is made about "it's Tampa they're amazing and totally unstoppable!" but I think the Rangers have flaws that they're just outplaying for hte most part and while I hope they can keep doing that, I think it'll be tough!

I think where Tampa wins this is if they can lock things down defensively against the Rangers. Prevent the Rangers getting through the neutral zone, don't let them setup in the offensive zone...sure that stuff is a no brainer but with how opportunistic the Rangers are, the more you can just lock that down the better chance you have at avoiding their bullshit goals

e: Maroon acting like a wildman and idiot while Reaves laughs at him was pretty funny

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Cooper is too good of a coach, with too good of a team, for them to change nothing going into the next game. Gallant and the Rangers did a great job feasting in game 1, but I have to imagine the Bolts will change up something.

However
The Kids Are Alright!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Point's knee injury was a fakeout.

He's been training in a time chamber and is now 27-28 years old, his prime.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Cooper will absolutely make adjustments but he may not be able to make his players focus for 60 minutes. Regular stretches of coasting and inattentiveness have been an issue for them all year. Vasilevskiy is the difference maker here--if they're to win the series he's going to have to make some huge saves when the Rangers inevitably pounce on Tampa's lapses.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Not a gambling post but holy hell at the over/under tonight being 7.5 goals, don’t ever remember an NHL game being that high. Oilers games are must-watches these playoffs

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
all these betting ads must mean people are winning and getting rich while my kids education fund is just sitting there

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

The Dirty Burger posted:

Not a gambling post but holy hell at the over/under tonight being 7.5 goals, don’t ever remember an NHL game being that high. Oilers games are must-watches these playoffs

You could tell me that’s per team and I’d still be tempted to take the over.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's gonna be a 3-1 Oilers win tonight.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I hope that series goes 7 games

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Misanthrope posted:

all these betting ads must mean people are winning and getting rich while my kids education fund is just sitting there

I'm thinking about taking a second mortgage on my house and using it to bet on this game

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

ThinkTank posted:

It's gonna be a 3-1 Oilers win tonight.

31 to what

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Apparently Kuemper's out with injury so we have to start Francouz :ohdear:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DrunkPanda posted:

Apparently Kuemper's out with injury so we have to start Francouz :ohdear:

I hope his eye is okay on a human level.

I also hope he can play again next game because I have the Avs in 5 and Francouz is going to mess with that.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I honestly don't get why the Avs thought a one-eyed Kuemper was a better option than Francouz, the skill gap between them is not nearly that large. Switching to Francouz is an upgrade.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

The fact that Jack Johnson is not getting scratched for this game is so :psyduck: . This is why I wanted Bednar gone last offseason and for us to go after Gallant. Bednar just is not a smart man and likes to make the dumbest decisions

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mike Sullivan is a very smart man and he too was addicted to JMFJ to the point the Penguins had to buy him out to force Sullivan not to play him, Johnson just has mind control powers over coaches.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Eric the Mauve posted:

Mike Sullivan is a very smart man and he too was addicted to JMFJ to the point the Penguins had to buy him out to force Sullivan not to play him, Johnson just has mind control powers over coaches.

Can’t teach 3rd overall, look how many teams took a flyer on Alex Galchenyuk

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DrunkPanda posted:

The fact that Jack Johnson is not getting scratched for this game is so :psyduck: . This is why I wanted Bednar gone last offseason and for us to go after Gallant. Bednar just is not a smart man and likes to make the dumbest decisions

Gallant does his own dumb poo poo like insisting on Nemeth being in for the first half of the Pitt series. Luckily he adapted.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Matt Zerella posted:

Gallant does his own dumb poo poo like insisting on Nemeth being in for the first half of the Pitt series. Luckily he adapted.

Right?! HE ADAPTED. Bednar literally rode the sinking Nemeth ship all the way to another 2nd round playoff exit last season and never even CONSIDERED swapping him out for a healthy Byram

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Anyway, there are reports that Darnell Nurse is playing with a hernia. If this is true, that is some insane poo poo. How is that even allowed? Also how does he not pass out from pain the first time he gets checked?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DrunkPanda posted:

Anyway, there are reports that Darnell Nurse is playing with a hernia. If this is true, that is some insane poo poo. How is that even allowed? Also how does he not pass out from pain the first time he gets checked?

Pain killer injections I would assume.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DrunkPanda posted:

JMFJ is a helluva drug. He will always have a consistent NHL job until he is devastatingly injures or retires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/based_shesty/status/1532504955373895680

Lmao