Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, the Translation must be so behind. :negative:

Perhaps I need to get back into learning Japanese so I can read it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

What more can you want?
More of it.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

drat, the Translation must be so behind. :negative:

Perhaps I need to get back into learning Japanese so I can read it myself.
According to this, there's 8 volumes in total.
Mangadex has about half that translated at 4 chapters per volume over 4 years, so perhaps in another 4 years time we can read it.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 1, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

this is the 2dk after story the people want... the perfect woman... the perfect OL... returns!

also one more by Ohsawa
was really interested in this one because its way messier than ohsawa's typical work. i enjoyed it but also feel a bit disappointed because it doesn't executed things perfectly. i wanted messy ohsawa to be perfect because i love ohsawa manga, sob sob. please do more messy stuff ohsawa.
cw: a bit dubcon

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

yes!!! I love her, I'm so happy to see her get a side story.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
one day i hope to marry a woman just like her

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://ethylene.mangadex.com/review-i-think-i-turned-my-childhood-friend-into-a-girl-volume-1/

Some..Interesting localization choices, can't say I'm a fan tbh. Wonder if it was editorial meddling cconsidering seven seas has done other boneheaded stuff out of the translators hands before.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

How to Make a "Girl" Fall in Love wasn't a good title either

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Don't disagree there but I more have issues with alot of how the dialogue has been rewritten more than anything.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

New chapter of Bride of Iberis

OK now we have actually moved into cheating territory.

I'm really enjoying this. It feels way punchier than Octave but still has that almost hazy mood that Akiyama Haru is great at capturing. Look forward to seeing more.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't know which one is love updated!
This is the previous chapter, since they skipped one.
lmao... asmr...

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I ended up reading "The Two Sides of Seiyuu Radio". Very nice story, but no real lgbt content. I hope they get together instead of just sticking with queerbaiting.
But, it had that hilarious "just say not to queerbaiting" scene. Whic I had to post somewhere:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would ask if you could avoid defining stuff in the way of having "real" lgbt content. its good to cue people in like, how explicitly gay something is of course but i find it a bit problematic to suggest there is an exact benchmark that makes something truly gay or not, especially in regards to lgbt media which historically has works that existed in hazy spaces.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Manga must contain at least this much gay to be allowed. *holds hand out at just below chest height*

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Seiyuu Radio was pretty solid tbh.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Someone started translating Witch's Servant again. They're leaning on machine translation but doing a pretty solid job.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Snooze Cruise posted:

one day i hope to marry a woman just like her

my wife is like that 10/10 would recommend.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
New chapter of i don't know which one is love

ElMaligno posted:

my wife is like that 10/10 would recommend.

how fortunate...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Snooze Cruise posted:

how fortunate...

i have no idea what she sees in me but goddam i love my wife so much

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Might as well mention it here, I'm currently translating volume 1 of the 4-koma slice-of-life comedy manga "Matazoro" by Horoda, the first chapter is up on MangaDex.

Synopsis posted:

A teen disaster comedy about 3 girls who failed the grade.

After spending nearly a year as a shut-in, Koto enters first year of high school for the second time.
Together with fellow repeating students Shiki (held back due to poor health) and Tomoe (held back due to excessive free-spiritedness), as well as the expectation-immune, habitually late grade retention reserve army cadet Kaede, her experience of school life is rather different from the norm, but delightful in its own way.

Sadly it doesn't truly get gay until volume 2, but the author is a big time yuri fan who got their start doing GL Yuyushiki doujins, so I'll count it for this thread. (also, I'm gay.)

To try & sell folks on this one: It's a school girl comedy but the girls are a bunch of misfits & disasters who couldn't make the grade. It takes a bit to find its feet but at its best it combines genuinely funny jokes with an odd ambient frailty that reminds you they're dealing with Real Problems.
Seeing them accept each others' flaws and make the best of their situation is sweet, and with a more tangled lead relationship than most of the actual yuri dramas I read (once that kicks in), you get a surprisingly earnest story about being a girl who got kinda hung out to dry by society finding support in people who are about as maladjusted, for better and for worse. I love this manga a lot, and I'd be happy if you read it. I'll try to upload a chapter a week-ish.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Terry van Feleday posted:

Might as well mention it here, I'm currently translating volume 1 of the 4-koma slice-of-life comedy manga "Matazoro" by Horoda, the first chapter is up on MangaDex.

Sounds interesting. How many chapters is the first volume?

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 20, 2022

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Counting chapter 0, 15 in total.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

This cats slightly dazed and sleepy face is exactly how I feel, when waking up in the morning.

Definitely gonna be reading this one when it's done, based on chapter 0 and 1.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Terry van Feleday posted:

i enjoy it so far, i'll be keeping up with it! thank you!

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Man they really couldn't have picked a worse point to end the Bloom Into You anime adaption huh. Anyway I binged the manga from where the anime leaves off and I hope there's a sequel in the future, though I would be just as satisfied if there wasn't. What a great series.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TFW I can't buy any more volumes of Bloom Into You in my country because it got banned for being too gay.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

TFW I can't buy any more volumes of Bloom Into You in my country because it got banned for being too gay.

Time to grab a bottle of rum and hoist the jolly roger.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Man they really couldn't have picked a worse point to end the Bloom Into You anime adaption huh. Anyway I binged the manga from where the anime leaves off and I hope there's a sequel in the future, though I would be just as satisfied if there wasn't. What a great series.

There are two Bloom Into You anthology collections that feature little short stories of the cast as well as a 3-volume Light Novel series focusing on Sayaka you could look into.

Ibblebibble posted:

Wow what country? I figured Bloom Into You was milquetoast/mild enough to get not that kind of attention but welp.

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 21, 2022

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

RuBisCO posted:

There are two Bloom Into You anthology collections that feature little short stories of the cast as well as a 3-volume Light Novel series focusing on Sayaka you could look into.

That's good to know. I'll definitely check those out. Thanks.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

Ah yes, the only amount of gay okay.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RuBisCO posted:

Wow what country? I figured Bloom Into You was milquetoast/mild enough to get not that kind of attention but welp.

Malaysia. The real funny poo poo is that I saw a volume of Interspecies Reviewers on sale so it's probably been banned specifically because gay rather than horny.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
that sucks rear end and not in the fun way

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Awful. Well, nothing to do but

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Time to grab a bottle of rum and hoist the jolly roger.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh I've already read all of it ages ago via scanlations, I just wanted it in paper form. I'll live.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

Someone started translating Witch's Servant again. They're leaning on machine translation but doing a pretty solid job.

And now three days later Generic Scanlations is back and posted their version of the chapter, so if you didn't want to have to read machine translations how you dont have to

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like when that happens, it's like the good translation just forgot what they were doing because of the mangadex temporary shutdown but now they hear some other group just popped up with a machine translate and there is NO WAY they're going to let that slide.

I've seen it happen with a couple of series.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ibblebibble posted:

Malaysia. The real funny poo poo is that I saw a volume of Interspecies Reviewers on sale so it's probably been banned specifically because gay rather than horny.

Ahahaha, seriously? Where was this? I used to work at a place where we weren't allowed to post pictures of people kissing (seriously, I got reamed out for letting one such pic slip through when I was on filter duty).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Ahahaha, seriously? Where was this? I used to work at a place where we weren't allowed to post pictures of people kissing (seriously, I got reamed out for letting one such pic slip through when I was on filter duty).

Kinokuniya. I managed to get the first volume there before it got taken off the shelves, and i had to get 2-5 from the Singaporean online store.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

VideoWitch posted:

And now three days later Generic Scanlations is back and posted their version of the chapter, so if you didn't want to have to read machine translations how you dont have to

i'm glad they're back and i hope it continues

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah it's pretty funny how quick the old scanlators noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

VideoWitch posted:

:woop:

Link to the chapter, for completeness' sake. As expected, it's extremely cute :3: And very much setting up the next major arc, which will probably involve some worldbuilding.