Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 3: Silver Bullet
Chapter 31: Trump Cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1532408919548649473

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

KennyMan666 posted:

No, no. Include a Lies count.

Wives and Sisters counts optional.

Having read ahead: please do all 3 of these

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Having a Fatalities counter would be great. Just ominously sitting at the bottom of each comic, making you wonder: when and how is it going to turn deadly?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

This is my little homage to the comic Apostasy(dead link), which I just re-read a few minutes ago. I've read it a few times since it first appeared online, and it's still amazing to me how well designed and put together it is. I just hope we get another installment one of these days.

Here at "Concerned", we care about the environment. That's why we recycle jokes as often as possible. And while other comics out there may occasionally employ callback humor, how many of them would do three callbacks in the same comic? Not many, that's how many.

(all links in this update are dead)
First off, a long-overdue thank you to Phil Bettany of runesigs.com for all the work he did designing the supplemental pages of this site, doing the coding, the layout, the graphics, and all of that. Much obliged, man! Cheers. (He's British).

Also, you may notice a new index layout and design that is reminiscent of the loading screen from Half-Life 2: this was created for me by my friend Greg of spinnwebe and Scribs fame. I love it, and sometimes I just sit there hovering the mouse over it and watching the numbers light up, a string of drool hanging from my lower lip.

I'm still tinkering here and there (I need to gussy up the Extras page a bit), but I'm very happy with how the rest of the site looks now, and I owe it to two very generous and talented guys.

For those of you too busy to visit the site three times a week, yet somehow with enough free time to e-mail me to complain about the lack of an RSS feed every drat day, there is now an RSS feed. Please see the little XML button at the bottom of this page. Hope it works; I don't use RSS myself or know much about setting it up, as I can usually summon the energy to type the names of the sites I visit into the browser, or, you know, bookmark them. You kids and your RSS feeds.

Finally: Mossman's got some huge drat hands!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Dang that would be terrifying

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

:yeah:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

projecthalaxy posted:

There's also Fresh Meat, the same author's even more depressing comic about being in an inpatient mental health facility

Oh my God.

Also, those church comics from KC feel more than just a bit autobiographical.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Samovar posted:

Oh my God.

Also, those church comics from KC feel more than just a bit autobiographical.

kc green posted:

Church Funnies in its entirety. Reformatted for fun and for ease of posting. The theme is growing up spiritually bored in middle America. Maybe you caught that or can relate?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

KennyMan666 posted:

Does it count as a lying if you are just repeating the untruths you accepted as facts? What about further misinterpretations based on your faulty knowledge? Or does lying have to be intentional deception?
Do lies even exist?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

cant cook creole bream posted:

Do lies even exist?
No

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for clearing that up.
That's good to know. for the future. I guess I have to go apologize to that Nigerian prince I've been ignoring.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I’d say lies are statements that you know are untrue and are intended to deceive. (So repeating a lie someone else told you that you believe to be true, or saying something technically true but vague enough to be interpreted multiple ways in an attempt to deceive people, would not count as lies)

You have to draw the line somewhere or else in a story like this it’ll just turn into a sentences counter.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

cant cook creole bream posted:

Thanks for clearing that up.
That's good to know. for the future. I guess I have to go apologize to that Nigerian prince I've been ignoring.
I was lying.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Before you stand two gate guards!

One always tells the truth!

One, well, we don't know what his deal is.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Splicer posted:

I was lying.

No.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Splicer posted:

I was lying.

That's bullshit, I don't believe lies ar

projecthalaxy posted:

Before you stand two gate guards!

One always tells the truth!

One, well, we don't know what his deal is.

lmao. best thread on the forums s2g.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Emil finds himself in a Bloodborne boss fight

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan! Read right to left

And that’s it! All 370 updates posted. If you liked it and more by the same author, check out Mob Psycho 100, which currently has eight of its sixteen volumes printed in English, or you can check out the ongoing One Punch Man, either in the original webcomic or in the manga where its redrawn by the now-legendary Yusuke Murata

I don’t think I’ll post anything quite so long again, if I do it will definitely be something a lot shorter. Maybe some short stories? Who knows

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

projecthalaxy posted:

There's also Fresh Meat, the same author's even more depressing comic about being in an inpatient mental health facility

Thank you for mentioning this, I went to check it out and ended up reading the whole thing in one sitting. Resonated really strongly with me as I went through a pretty similar experience.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Thank you for posting Makai no Ossan! That was great, I wish there was more

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kit Walker posted:

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Emil finds himself in a Bloodborne boss fight

Weird, it's almost like the big monster tried to save them, or at least it hated the bulb-headed monsters more.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Would you consider adding in a quick link to the previous post when you do these? For the longrunning story comics in particular I often like to click back and check on things that occurred in previous strips, and that's a whole lot faster than manually searching back through multiple pages.

Either way, thanks for taking this one on! :tipshat:

Kennel posted:

You should include a death count with Lies, Wives and Sisters.

(I don't know if anyone dies in it)

KennyMan666 posted:

Thank you! Excellent ideas, I should've thought of these.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Now we get to see Ray John's ding dong, in a comic posted on April 1.

AGH I am SO CLOSE to figuring out how to get syndicated

Where will he wind up tomorrow?

Tomorrow, where will he go?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

e-dt posted:

Now we get to see Ray John's ding dong, in a comic posted on April 1.

AGH I am SO CLOSE to figuring out how to get syndicated

Where will he wind up tomorrow?

Tomorrow, where will he go?

Woah I totally forgot that Philippe was in Edinburgh. Bizarre to think I may have sat on the same seat as Onstad at Easter road (to watch Aberdeen beat Hibs).

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Weird, it's almost like the big monster tried to save them, or at least it hated the bulb-headed monsters more.

I'm sure we'll eventually be told the monsters' deal, but it's pretty obvious that not all of them are hostile. I imagine that they're not all that different mentally from the people and animals they used to be, except that they're suffering, want to be restored, and probably do not fully grasp their capacity to do harm.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm sure we'll eventually be told the monsters' deal, but it's pretty obvious that not all of them are hostile. I imagine that they're not all that different mentally from the people and animals they used to be, except that they're suffering, want to be restored, and probably do not fully grasp their capacity to do harm.

Kinda like the one that attacked the train, got through the roof, extruded a human head and moaned "help me"

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Why does OFF PANEL always look slightly like a roll of carpet left abandoned in a forest to grow moist and mouldy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The shading really does look a lot like water damage.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy posted:

Ten Earth Shattering Blows

that never works, Joy!!

Joy really needs to work on her action one-liners.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
KTPULL

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

good news everyone

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

^^^lmao

lol hes shouting like the dad from Emil i Lönneberga

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Jun 3, 2022

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

also thanks for Makai no Ossan, that was a sweet denouement

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

The Evronians are a tad boring, but Raider is my favourite part of these Duck Avenger comics. He's got a neat design, neat powers, neat personality (does the right thing when he has to, loves doing the wrong thing when he can afford to).
He's just a lot of fun and has great chemistry with DA.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

"oh i have made such a terrible mistake," thought flesh Pinnocchio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Reading from top to bottom, the twist that this character's reveal is diegetic is one of the neatest tricks I've seen a comic pull off in a long time.