Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
The camp market has shinefish for 100AC each today. Buy as many as you can. You’ll thank me later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I am now in Corn Jail. Why is the game doing this to me?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Tolth posted:

I am now in Corn Jail. Why is the game doing this to me?

This is a favour from the game so you explore the other mechanics :)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

monkeytennis posted:

The camp market has shinefish for 100AC each today. Buy as many as you can. You’ll thank me later.

or just level up your cat to 6 sometime in the next couple months so by the time you hit those endgame quests you'll have enough

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
100 spiders

Does it get worse

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Shinjobi posted:

100 spiders

Does it get worse

Buy the Lemur as soon as you can and level them up, never worry about bugs again

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Shinjobi posted:

100 spiders

Does it get worse

ask in giveaway chat and you will be overflowing with bugs

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I complained about spiders and then my worst IRL nightmare came true, with everyone throwing spiders at me from all directions.

I'm now in Corn Jail. Looking for this rune while I do that questline, and I guess just churning out lanterns while I wait. Maxed out my orchards to match my inventory space, and now am continuing to pump up boards/wood to match while not much else is going on.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Wow yeah you weren't kidding, I briefly mention spiders in the giveaway chat and suddenly they're crawling out of my mailbox

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kaboobi posted:

or just level up your cat to 6 sometime in the next couple months so by the time you hit those endgame quests you'll have enough

I wouldn’t rely on the cat alone. Current quest needs 250 fish.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

monkeytennis posted:

That's ~21 days with a Level 6 Cat. Not a huge burden, especially for a quest that doesn't gate any content. I personally splurged on Iced Teas, farming for those in Cane Pole Ridge are so annoying, and I still needed ~400 more for the Tower.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

Cat @ 6 will yield an average of 12 shinefish per day. If you don't think you'll be deep into 4x99 quests before ~20 days are up, consider whether you'd rather have the AC and just have the cat.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I feel like my cat has been L6 for a lot longer than 21 days but I could be wrong. It has happened before!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This lady wants a lot of corn. Kinda worried about her.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Spend enough time in corn jail and she starts to worry about you!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:toot: crossbows! :toot:
They finally added a use for arrowheads! It's an oak recipe that doesn't take paste or leather! Have to be maxed crafting but it's still great.
:toot:

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Worth buying at least 5 Shinefish for the Collector quest at 80x4. Half a bil in silver is not a small amount of money, and you save on not having to buy Cat 6 until it is necessary.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Koryk posted:

Spend enough time in corn jail and she starts to worry about you!

The daft punk reference late in the chain made me actually laugh out loud

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Moose_Knuck posted:

Worth buying at least 5 Shinefish for the Collector quest at 80x4. Half a bil in silver is not a small amount of money, and you save on not having to buy Cat 6 until it is necessary.

Exchange Center today also is offering Shinefish, so you can accomplish this without blowing all your AC on it. Still, might be easier for some players than gathering/holding 1000 Bones.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Klungar posted:

Exchange Center today also is offering Shinefish, so you can accomplish this without blowing all your AC on it. Still, might be easier for some players than gathering/holding 1000 Bones.

Right, I doubt many people here have 1k inventory space yet.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

monkeytennis posted:

I feel like my cat has been L6 for a lot longer than 21 days but I could be wrong. It has happened before!

Day to day drops can be streaky but over time every item drops in the same quantities.

I recently waited 30 days to collect from pets and they all had very similar quantities of each item

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It's funny. I hit 99 Fishing yesterday while my exploration is still stuck at 82. It's slowly getting higher as I focus most stamina on WC for the raptor egg, but it will take a while.
If WC dropped mushrooms things would be easier. That stupid bow recipe should be crafting 95.

I got my second billion yesterday so now I have a lvl6 Macaw for that sweet sweet silver. Probably gonna do Frog -> Squirrel -> Husky with the next 3 bil.
Some people say Frog is less important after having unlocked WC but I still need several hundred for TOI, once I start working on that.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

It's funny. I hit 99 Fishing yesterday while my exploration is still stuck at 82. It's slowly getting higher as I focus most stamina on WC for the raptor egg, but it will take a while.
If WC dropped mushrooms things would be easier. That stupid bow recipe should be crafting 95.

I got my second billion yesterday so now I have a lvl6 Macaw for that sweet sweet silver. Probably gonna do Frog -> Squirrel -> Husky with the next 3 bil.
Some people say Frog is less important after having unlocked WC but I still need several hundred for TOI, once I start working on that.

Do you already have Green Dragon? (I know the answer is No, since you don't have Exploring 85 yet) You should save up your money and buy that before you buy any of the other pets you mention. And once you do, you should buy Snake > Frog > Squirrel > Red Dragon, before you get to Husky/Armadillo. This will allow you to earn back your Silver much faster than your proposed order.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Both Husky and Squirrel have Requests with 500m silver rewards, so they are half price, it's why I am considering them this early.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I've got crafting to 90 and I have ember and minerva unlocked, is there anything other than pipe, shields, and lanterns I can be crafting?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

koshmar posted:

I've got crafting to 90 and I have ember and minerva unlocked, is there anything other than pipe, shields, and lanterns I can be crafting?

Guitars.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Klungar posted:

Do you already have Green Dragon? (I know the answer is No, since you don't have Exploring 85 yet) You should save up your money and buy that before you buy any of the other pets you mention. And once you do, you should buy Snake > Frog > Squirrel > Red Dragon, before you get to Husky/Armadillo. This will allow you to earn back your Silver much faster than your proposed order.

Took this advice then accidentally clicked Red Dragon instead of Green Dragon lol whoops.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Took this advice then accidentally clicked Red Dragon instead of Green Dragon lol whoops.

Whoops! Certainly don't get it to Level 6 yet, but Level 3 is nice for free Green Cloaks and Lanterns at least...

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Klungar posted:

Whoops! Certainly don't get it to Level 6 yet, but Level 3 is nice for free Green Cloaks and Lanterns at least...

Yeah got it to 4 and still have half a billion left, hopefully next time I don't misclick like a dumbass.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Parrot gives large nets at 6 and the anglerfish are worth 100k more silver than the other L6 pet fish. I'd say maybe a week to earn back the investment and you need it anyway if you want to unlock the new fishing area.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yeah I got Macaw as my first level6 pet and it is great, so many nets.
Ended up making Snake my second, now it'll take a day or two for the next. If I got Green Dragon unlocked by then I'll probably make it my next one.
Sometime next week I'll finish the 10x 10k streak achievement and will have to ask for spending advice again.
For now I think Green Dragon -> Frog > Squirrel > Red Dragon -> Husky seems like a good lvl6 order.
In general I am gonna focus on getting all the required lvl6 pets now while keeping sawmill / orchard up with my inventory.

One thing I want to point out, both Quarry and Steelworks seem kinda great to invest into. Steelworks is expensive but gives me a lot of runestones, and it's the crop runestones.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

One thing I want to point out, both Quarry and Steelworks seem kinda great to invest into. Steelworks is expensive but gives me a lot of runestones, and it's the crop runestones.

Steelworks is still in Beta, but hopefully it releases soon. The new Crafting 99 recipe of Crossbow seems like a great money maker, but crafting Steel Wire is a bit annoying right now. Hopefully the Steelworks fixes that.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
As a plus your Macaw also brings Large Chest 02 which you should bank for later quests that require hundreds of small screws each.

I am on Tower Investment XII which requires 700 small screws plus 100 flywheels (which are made with 7 screws each) and have given up trying to farm those chests from BRC.

buddy.farm has them at 1 in 14,677 - which matches about what I was seeing.
Each chest contains 8 screws.
So for 1,400 small screws it’d be about 2,568,475 stamina - if you were to do it just by exploration.

So now I am just waiting on the bird to bring enough chests for me to deal with this request - with a small assist from the armadillo, who brings screws one at a time.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

You can also occasionally get small screws from your ironworks. Upgrading it does not increase that chance though, so just buy it and leave it alone.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

rafikki posted:

You can also occasionally get small screws from your ironworks. Upgrading it does not increase that chance though, so just buy it and leave it alone.

Am I screwing myself by using emberstones to craft unpolished shimmer? I'm voiding ember farming Ember Lagoon

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

koshmar posted:

Am I screwing myself by using emberstones to craft unpolished shimmer? I'm voiding ember farming Ember Lagoon

Nope, just make sure you have enough on hand for upcoming quests you might have. Sandstone is super common, I usually just sell it straight up.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

koshmar posted:

Nah. Some quests will need it but it's not super hard to get and you need hundreds of glass orbs per day so you'll be rebuilding your supply regardless.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There's no other use for emberstone at the moment aside from requests. There are only two uses for sandstone and the other is a waste of leather and mushroom paste.

e: Oh wait, forgot about the profile background. That makes three uses for sandstone but the third is a one time purchase.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Thanks, that makes farming glass orbs more effective, I was stuck as max sandstone with my quarry all the time anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I am once again asking for your advice. I’m at 83/91/99/80, and am trying to figure out what to do. I’ve unlocked whispering creek and the large island just recently, so it seems like my routines should change a bit.

Q1: what upgrades should I spend silver on? Right now I was thinking upgrading pets to level 6 in prep for later help requests.
For context, I have a maxed out orchard, sawmill, quarry, ironworks, and hay field already. I’ve already gotten the 1B storehouse upgrade and the 100M farm size upgrade. My vineyard is a decent enough size that I can get 4 grape juice/day plus a little wine. Right now I have a lot of the pets to level ~4, but only have the frog at level 6.

Q2: what farm supply perks would you recommend?
I have most of the S tier farm supply stuff in the library like negotiator, as well as most livestock, farming, exploring, and crafting upgrades, except for the +XP ones. I have all the orchard upgrades I can use (it’ll be awhile until I can use the +500 trees one). I have none of the banking or cellar upgrades. I also have most of the QoL and bulk actions ones. Inventory costs 105 gold for +50, which seems a bit steep given the storehouse gets me that in less than a week, but not sure what else to buy.

Q3: where should I prioritize for exploring? In terms of doing help needed requests it’s sort of obvious what to do, but unsure what to do when I don’t have an active request. It seems like exploring in the forest gets me the most money/explore via large net fishing in the large island, but I’m not sure if I’m just not crafting well. I’m usually making a mix of lanterns/guitars/whatever other random stuff like sturdy shields or fancy pipes I can make with leftovers.

Q4: for farming, I’m just working myself out of corn jail (or whatever other help needed requests pop up), and then using my grape juice on either sunflowers or cotton since they are the longest growing plants I can have. Does this make sense?

Any advice would be much appreciated!