Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Your Gay Uncle posted:

If all the whites get genocided then who's going to clap when the plane lands?

And whose going to stand up immediately on said airplane as soon as it reaches the gate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

LionYeti posted:

And whose going to stand up immediately on said airplane as soon as it reaches the gate?

China and Korea more than have you covered. Except it starts well before getting to the gate.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
One of the most crushing realizations the internet has given me is that there's like...a universal class of lovely person who transcends borders. Chinese Chuds hate Greta Thunberg the same way our Chuds do, Russian Chuds think COVID is a bioweapon, both of them have really weird hangups around women in entertainment media...

There is no escape.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Grondoth posted:

One of the most crushing realizations the internet has given me is that there's like...a universal class of lovely person who transcends borders. Chinese Chuds hate Greta Thunberg the same way our Chuds do, Russian Chuds think COVID is a bioweapon, both of them have really weird hangups around women in entertainment media...

There is no escape.

You'd expect these psycho-rightests to be different re. their nationalities, and yet...

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
I just about poo poo myself laughing at the fox intro in #425 around 2:27.

I think that's actually the way he wanted it.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I know next to nothing about crypto. Can the money someone gifted Alex eventually be traced back to them?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I know next to nothing about crypto. Can the money someone gifted Alex eventually be traced back to them?

I think they can trace to the wallet it came from, but then you have to figure out who owns the wallet.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

I think they can trace to the wallet it came from, but then you have to figure out who owns the wallet.

Exactly, crypto is fully transparent as to which wallets did what with the transfer but nowhere is there a thing that says person/entity X owns controls wallet Y

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
What a shock, Alex dropped the bankruptcy after he couldn't use it to stall
https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1532484836602036224

It's OK, he has a new plan
https://twitter.com/lawcrimenews/status/1532407747538366471

Piell fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 2, 2022

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
... well. That certainly explains why Pattis was perfectly content to make appearances on InfoWars even after Jones "fired" him on the basis of legal malpractice. Even the choice to fire Pattis was just another attempt at a delay tactic, one that Pattis himself likely suggested.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

he's not wriggling out of this one, right? Right?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Pro strat, allow him to dismiss counsel, but also tell him if he doesn't have another lawyer by the trial date he's to have to represent himself.
Then televise that.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Megabound posted:

Pro strat, allow him to dismiss counsel, but also tell him if he doesn't have another lawyer by the trial date he's to have to represent himself.
Then televise that.

he would actually love that. spectacle via gishgallop is his thing.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Mr Jones, do you know what question you're answering?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

he would actually love that. spectacle via gishgallop is his thing.

I'm sure he'd think he'd love it but being in a place where words have definite meanings and consequences I think he would be quickly disavowed of that notion. The way he's dodging and stalling he wants to stay out of that court room for as long as possible.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ugh you’re right, that is a very important distinction. The walls are closing in. Yay!

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 3, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Enjoying episode 215, where Alex describes his great uncle's involvement in chimp fights.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I never really considered this before, and I'm sure other people have figured it out before me and pointed it out elsewhere. But it just occurred to me that Alex Jones is managing to, at least temporarily, accomplish here what sovereign citizens think they can do with magic words: make any legal action against them so difficult and slow that whoever is taking the action gives up.

And I'm seeing that Alex discovered what Trump has known for decades: you don't need magic words, you just need money. You pay sleazy law nerds lots of money, not to come up with a magic incantation that will absolve you of your crimes, but rather to find systemic, sometimes arcane, usually expensive loopholes to draw things out.

I hope what Alex will eventually find is that the enemy of money in the legal system is someone else's money in the legal system. Because while the government eventually has to cut its losses on single cases that stretch time and resources too far, someone with more money and resources to throw at a case will make those delaying tactics much less effective. While I think a "Alex Jones loses all his money and goes away and becomes a hermit" ending is far too storybook to actually happen, I can hope that he is punished harshly enough to convince other rich dickheads that it's not worth the trouble to emulate him.

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 3, 2022

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

*Every other scammer and grifter*

'That guy was an idiot, I'm too smart to get caught'

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I don't think he's ever actually been that good of a grifter. His bankruptcy masterstroke was a plan seven years in the making, and it bought him a month.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
He's not the smart rich that hires an accountant for pennies on the dollar of the output of their financial tricks then just lets their money make even more money that way. He's the 'smart' rich that invests in the next big thing that's guaranteed to make a fortune.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Haha, Jordan laughing at Mark Bankston asking the question “Is it the companies position that it’s non-defamatory statements cancel out it’s defamatory ones?” is now part of the Opening Arguments intro quotes over their theme song!

Got a real kick out of that.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Grand Fromage posted:

Enjoying episode 215, where Alex describes his great uncle's involvement in chimp fights.

That was a magical moment.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Honestly think Jordan is incredibly unintelligent but he sure does love talking!

E: listening to ep 212 and him just misconstruing Kerry talking about her being psychic and then saying Kerry shouldn't spy on psychic people bc he thought Kerry was talking about OTHER people being psychic is what made me post this. He's so busy moving his mouth he doesn't pick up what ppl are actually saying. Dunno if it's because of an inability or some overcompensating for something but it's pretty noticeable.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 4, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I don't think he's dumb, but he misunderstands things a lot and is very confident in knowing things that he does not know. He has a tendency to hear part of a thing then just kind of go off making up the rest. Which is fun considering the guy they're doing a show about.

He does it less now than in the early episodes though, Dan's gradually rubbed off on him.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
There was that moment recently where Alex ran the Bill Gates clip that Alex described as being Gates chuckling that the next pandemic would really get attention compared to COVID. The actual clip even as edited on the infowars broadcast was clearly Gates talking about specific issues like test kit availability hopefully getting more attention whenever the next pandemic happens. Jordan went as quiet as he’s ever been when Dan teed him up to point out this difference you could tell Jordan didn’t grasp the point at all.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

I don't think he's dumb, but he misunderstands things a lot and is very confident in knowing things that he does not know. He has a tendency to hear part of a thing then just kind of go off making up the rest. Which is fun considering the guy they're doing a show about.

He does it less now than in the early episodes though, Dan's gradually rubbed off on him.

I just wish I had a little bit of that misplaced confidence. I'm hesitant to say something even when I know I'm right lol

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I think everyone can be a bit too hard on Jordan at times. He does a very, very, important job as Alex's heckler. By this point, literally anyone else would make the tragic mistake of giving Alex more credit than he deserves, which would be any credit at all.

If it ever came to the point where Knowledge Fight actually had to confront Alex directly, Dan's research and factual correctness would be easily rendered moot by any single gish-gallop. Jordan's common reaction of interrupting what Alex is saying with loud and rude morkery is more likely to both defuse Alex and get under his skin.

Given the nature of the subject matter the podcast has to deal with, it is an entirely necessary job.

Morroque fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 5, 2022

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Morroque posted:

I think everyone can be a bit too hard on Jordan at times. He does a very, very, important job as Alex's heckler. By this point, literally anyone else would make the tragic mistake of giving Alex more credit than he deserves, which would be any credit at all.

If it ever came to the point where Knowledge Fight actually had to confront Alex directly, Dan's research and factual correctness would be easily rendered moot by any single gish-gallop. Jordan's common reaction of interrupting what Alex is saying with loud and rude morkery is more likely to both defuse Alex and get under his skin.

Given the nature of the subject matter the podcast has to deal with, it is an entirely necessary job.

No Dan would be better at the easiest way to embarrass Alex in some public debate which is to just have remembered anything Alex said before.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Oh I think Jordan is vital to the podcast and it shows on the episodes where Dan is just on his own, they're nowhere near as good. But it's also true Jordan frequently yells about stuff he doesn't understand at all.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Like all good duos, there is one serious person and one overexcited troublemaker

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I’d be glad he’s on the show if Jordan was at least clever at riffing. I might be spoiled by all the podcasts from high-level ucb and adjacent people but the harder he tries to be funny the worse it is.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

0konner posted:

No Dan would be better at the easiest way to embarrass Alex in some public debate which is to just have remembered anything Alex said before.

This would not at all work, in the least, in any way, on Alex Jones. Jones is the living embodiment of the Sartre quote. He knows he's full of poo poo and does not at all care. He'd just vomit more bullshit out of his word hole and keep screaming about how you want to gently caress the devil over a child's sacrificed corpse or something. You can argue facts and try to logic at him all day long it won't mean a drat thing, it's using entirely the wrong tool for the situation. You would make just as much progress trying to use trigonometry to fill a bath tub.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, I'm not sure how you can have any familiarity with Alex Jones at all and think calling him on stuff he's said before will be any sort of gotcha on him

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Sounds like we need to wargames it

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I’ve never seen Jones confronted with his own history in any meaningful way but infowars makes an industry out of going to left-aligned protests to get footage of people doing the Jordan method of just matching screaming inanity with more screaming.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Jordan represents the audience/public in a lot of ways, where he says something off-base or makes an assumption/ comes to a conclusion that allows Dan to provide better context or pushback.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

If you are going to confront Jones, just having the data and proof will get you nowhere. He will treat you like a Brian Stelter nerd and dance around you. You have to have someone there to really get to a narcissist’s inner mind by just outright laughing at them and mocking them when that proof is given so it makes it harder for them to gallop around it.

I think Dan and Jordan both provide a good balance of how to handle someone like Jones and I think that may be a reason why Jones has never went after them.

For example, I have a friend that loves to randomly send me Ben Shapiro videos to show me how liberals are wrong about everything. After refuting whatever bullshit BS is saying, I then just mock BS because I know that he will jump to another line of attack if I just refute the initial claim. I never refer to BS as BS, I only call him “Brett Hawthorne” (character from BS’s book that is everything BS wishes he could be) and I talk about how “Brett Hawthorne” is beyond dumb and just wishes more people would pay attention to him and love him. Makes the guy drop off quickly for several months before he jumps back in with another video.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ok but have you told him you’ll take a bullet for him, babe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

If you are going to confront Jones, just having the data and proof will get you nowhere. He will treat you like a Brian Stelter nerd and dance around you. You have to have someone there to really get to a narcissist’s inner mind by just outright laughing at them and mocking them when that proof is given so it makes it harder for them to gallop around it.

I think Dan and Jordan both provide a good balance of how to handle someone like Jones and I think that may be a reason why Jones has never went after them.

For example, I have a friend that loves to randomly send me Ben Shapiro videos to show me how liberals are wrong about everything. After refuting whatever bullshit BS is saying, I then just mock BS because I know that he will jump to another line of attack if I just refute the initial claim. I never refer to BS as BS, I only call him “Brett Hawthorne” (character from BS’s book that is everything BS wishes he could be) and I talk about how “Brett Hawthorne” is beyond dumb and just wishes more people would pay attention to him and love him. Makes the guy drop off quickly for several months before he jumps back in with another video.

So nothing meaningfully changes about this guy’s behavior or mindset. Again, Alex has paid teams specifically to record footage of leftists mocking him. Nothing about this is effective or worthwhile engagement.