Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

now i am just imagining someone bumping into one of these guys and getting lit up in a panic

I'm curious what happens during one of these rallies if a misfire happens.

Everyone draws and sees 8 other people pointing guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
One of the victims of the Tulsa shooting apparently died helping someone else escape.

https://twitter.com/shannonrousseau/status/1532407159211937792

This random old man is ten times braver than the Uvalde cops. :smith:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

So the guy was mad at his doctor, went there to kill him, and thought, "Well gently caress it, I'm here anyway, let's kill a bunch of strangers!"

What the gently caress is wrong with people?

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

pro starcraft loser posted:

I'm curious what happens during one of these rallies if a misfire happens.

Everyone draws and sees 8 other people pointing guns.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Throw 1 or 2 firecrackers in there and boom.....problem solved.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Arc Hammer posted:

*Translator's note: "Raccoon" is Conservative for "Black Person"

Chickens = hens = our white wimmin we must control and protect

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Read After Burning posted:

One of the victims of the Tulsa shooting apparently died helping someone else escape.

https://twitter.com/shannonrousseau/status/1532407159211937792

This random old man is ten times braver than the Uvalde cops. :smith:

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

seems like it would be really easy just grab the guns off of these guys while their backs are turned.

https://twitter.com/emzorbit/status/1531703223123419138?t=iKTpKp4SvzuVMNAgszk_eQ&s=19

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Inept posted:

If someone is aiming a gun at you do you think you're gonna loving quickdraw like it's a western?

No, you activate the slow motion ability first, assign the shots, then release it to go back to normal speed.

Duh.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

pro starcraft loser posted:

So the guy was mad at his doctor, went there to kill him, and thought, "Well gently caress it, I'm here anyway, let's kill a bunch of strangers!"

What the gently caress is wrong with people?

No one's forcing you to do the bonus objectives in a video game, yet you still do it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's really too bad no one can make magazines that will hold fewer bullets but still fit that man's guns.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There's no Machiavellian plan to replace liberal teachers here. They're just reacting and they have a very limited number of solutions for any problems. Guns, prayer, or prison is pretty much all they have.

The Machiavellian plan is to destroy public education. This has been a stated policy goal of conservatism for more than half a century.

Their inability to do anything about violence in schools is not from a lack of authority or morality: it is a pragmatic decision they have made to accelerate the destruction of the department of education.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

seems like it would be really easy just grab the guns off of these guys while their backs are turned.

Picture 1: Guy on the right is using a 1 point sling improperly as its only attachment point seems to be on the stock and thus hanging way too low on an already short guy with a long gun.

He pretty much needs to have the gun in his hands at all times or it's gonna drag.

Still not easy to steal.

Picture 4: guy in blue is using a one point sling improperly. It's slung on his shoulder like a purse.

That dude would be easy to steal from if his friends weren't there.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Not empty quoting but reposting because it should be on every page

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Doctor Butts posted:

Picture 4: guy in blue is using a one point sling improperly. It's slung on his shoulder like a purse.

Shh, careful. :ohdear: That's probably the type of dude who would shoot you for saying that.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

"Gov. Greg Abbott instructs school safety officials to conduct “unannounced, random intruder” audits of Texas public schools"

Sounds like a VERY good way to get someone accidentally shot.

dumb

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The Machiavellian plan is to destroy America. This has been a stated policy goal of conservatism ever since FDR's New Deal

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Tulsa cops throwing some shade, lmao.

CNN posted:

Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin outlined the process that his department follows once there is an active shooter situation.

He said the activation occurs through the 911 system that alerts every city police officer.

"So when we get that call, we are going to disregard any safety measures that we might have for ourselves and we are going to go in the building to deal with the threat. Our philosophy is we will stop the threat and we will do that by any means necessary," he said.

Law enforcement "performed heroically, in my opinion, and I cannot thank enough the response not only from our locals, but also from the FBI, the United States Marshals Service, the ATF," he added.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Bananana posted:

"Gov. Greg Abbott instructs school safety officials to conduct “unannounced, random intruder” audits of Texas public schools"

Sounds like a VERY good way to get someone accidentally shot.

dumb

So all that "active shooter training" the Uvalde cops did before the shooting wasn't enough? Guess there's no other option but randomly tell kids there's an active school shooter, wait, nvm it was a drill. That won't teach kids to ignore actuve shooter announcements.

We also need to make sure the teachers are armed as well when these random, unannounced drills happen. Of course if they shoot the fake active shooter I'm sure they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Every solution they come up with seems to start from *in Avitus voice* "More corpses".

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Plus the sad attempt at Islamophobia.

Are you talking about the shirt on the right? What text even is that, it looks like something Southeast Asian. It's certainly not Arabic.

now i am just imagining someone bumping into one of these guys and getting lit up in a panic

I'm sad because I've really wanted to visit some American historical sites for a while, but I've got a big mouth and would not be able to hold back laughter and derision seeing people like this in public.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

Are you talking about the shirt on the right? What text even is that, it looks like something Southeast Asian. It's certainly not Arabic.

Nah, I meant the "bacon" reference on the Obama shirt (because he is a secret Muslim, you see. But also atheist, but also a devil worshipper).

Unless I'm reading too much into it and it's just some "Lol bacon! Random" Reddit reference shirt. :shrug: But I don't know how else to read a mock Obama shirt combined with proudly displaying a pack of Oreos and a poo poo-eating grin.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 2, 2022

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Tulsa cops throwing some shade, lmao.

For what it's worth (not much IMHO) a lot of more "pro law enforcement pages on social media are pretty upset and have been going off on the Texas response. North American Rescue which was formed by former para rescue (whose moto is 'that others may live') has blasted them pretty harshly as well and were the first to do so. Tons of vet organizations have posted poo poo as well. Seen this image get posted quite a bit

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

*dials 100-000-0000* "Hello is this the shooter?"

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Hey sweetheart how's school? Can you put the shooter on?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

B-Rock452 posted:

Seen this image get posted quite a bit

Someone pointed out that this is doubly funny because the only guy Upham ends up shooting is unarmed with his hands up.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

ascii genitals posted:

*dials 100-000-0000* "Hello is this the shooter?"

*student's phone rings*

*shooter zero's in on the sound and kills them*

Edit: like here, for those just joining the thread

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 2, 2022

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nah, I meant the "bacon" reference on the Obama shirt (because he is a secret Muslim, you see. But also atheist, but also a devil worshipper).

Unless I'm reading too much into it and it's just some "Lol bacon! Random" Reddit reference shirt. :shrug: But I don't know how else to read a mock Obama shirt combined with proudly displaying a pack of Oreos and a poo poo-eating grin.

it's just a bacon meme shirt i think

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

sebmojo posted:

it's just a bacon meme shirt i think

I sincerely hope you're right.

It's either my brain poisoned by being too Online, or their brain is poisoned from racism...the former, while unsettling, would still help ease my soul a bit. The idea of someone both proudly displaying their murder-gun AND proudly displaying a racist shirt is just too...bleh, although I wouldn't put it past 'em.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol it just keeps happening

https://twitter.com/noliewithbtc/status/1532469206452690944?s=21&t=YHSIdOs58dVnG807dSQ_AQ

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Fix your poo poo, America.

:america:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

the guy was shot by a cop too

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/JulianGi11/status/1532451964457566210

https://mobile.twitter.com/tracy_walder/status/1531833375526461441

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/uvalde-police-chief-cnn-reporter-b2092643.html
CNN reporter threatened with trespassing after grilling Uvalde police chief over his actions

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 3, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A week from now: 25 people have been shot at funerals for the five people shot on June 2nd

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

This is just strange. I know that these sort of biker groups do exist, I've read stories about them volunteering to protect victims of domestic abuse, mostly kids. And IDK what a journalist needs to be at the funeral of mass shooting victims for, so I can't view this entirely sympathetic to the reporter... but the way the bikers are representing themselves is really suspect and gross, and if the police actually did ask them to be there then that's all kinds of hosed up.

I know even the Hell's Angels do charity work, but they're still a loving gang, that still does all manner of loving gang stuff like trafficking drugs and killing people.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Lol at the non-profit charity organization trying to act like a MC. loving dorks.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Mister Speaker posted:

This is just strange. I know that these sort of biker groups do exist, I've read stories about them volunteering to protect victims of domestic abuse, mostly kids. And IDK what a journalist needs to be at the funeral of mass shooting victims for, so I can't view this entirely sympathetic to the reporter... but the way the bikers are representing themselves is really suspect and gross, and if the police actually did ask them to be there then that's all kinds of hosed up.

I know even the Hell's Angels do charity work, but they're still a loving gang, that still does all manner of loving gang stuff like trafficking drugs and killing people.

it's almost definitely just a bunch of cops/a cop biker club. or q idiots, idk there's a lot of kinds of poo poo stuck to the bottom of the biker barrel

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm starting to think Uvalde is kind of a hosed up place.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

I'm starting to think USA! USA! USA! is kind of a hosed up place.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Murdstone posted:

I'm starting to think Uvalde is kind of a hosed up place.

it's way too hot down there, boils the brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Do you think we can bowl a Turkey and get a shooting at the funeral of the person who was shot while attending the funeral of another person who was shot?

If you know anything about American ingenuity, you'll know not to bet against us.