Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, they racisted the one vaguely human guy straight out of the family, but are shielding the grossest, noncest failson from facing anything he doesn't want.

Both are real bad looks for very different reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
You guys ready for some more mass shooting cartoons?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Oh, is it Thursday already?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Grimdude posted:

Done with an AR 15 bought the same day as the shooting.

But no, our current gun control regulations are fine and in no way need to be changed or reexamined.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Can't believe video games, social media and .... back pain did this?!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Grimdude posted:

So soon? How very very suspicious.

Care to bet on which cartoonists (besides old Zyklon) are going to go explicit with "false flag"?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Xander77 posted:

So soon? How very very suspicious.

Care to bet on which cartoonists (besides old Zyklon) are going to go explicit with "false flag"?

Ben is definitely the free space in dumb poo poo bingo.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
My guess is it'll be Branco drawing a grinning, gormless Biden and Kamala holding back the valiant police with "Sorry, we're defunding you!" while the spree shooter runs rampant in the distance.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Can't believe Democrats are politicizing the murder of children we keep causing, smh

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Woah, Americans can just buy NLAWs and Javelins and tanks? America is cooler than I thought!

EDIT: Lukovich's take sucks, since we're sending Ukraine actual heavy military poo poo that is as far away from the stuff used in crimes as it gets, and heavily muddies his point.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 2, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kchama posted:

Woah, Americans can just buy NLAWs and Javelins and tanks? America is cooler than I thought!

EDIT: Lukovich's take sucks, since we're sending Ukraine actual heavy military poo poo that is as far away from the stuff used in crimes as it gets, and heavily muddies his point.

Never did Track and Field? Javelins are at countless American highschools!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

HootTheOwl posted:

Never did Track and Field? Javelins are at countless American highschools!

that would certainly make sports more exciting

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Grimdude posted:

For a second I thought there was another another shooting.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Chappatte from Switzerland
"And I'm ready to do 70 more!"

Charlie Hebdo

The insane ambition of Elizabeth II
"After the platinum jubilee, comes the pine one."

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia on the 'precipice' of a UK-style energy crisis as soaring costs push retailers out (ABC). Driving the car are the treasurer Jim Chalmers and PM Anthony Albanese. The car itself is the former Liberal energy minister Angus Taylor.

Rowe:

Jim Chalmers (treasurer), Madeline King (resources minister), Chris Bowen (energy minister). Gas market trigger won’t fix ‘bin fire’ left by Coalition, energy minister Chris Bowen says (Guardian).

Wilcox:

Leak, Son of Leak:

The Australian accused Jim Chalmers of a "deliberate strategy of talking down the economy".

Knight:

Warren Brown:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

He lied and said the 2nd Amendment was ‘not absolute.’ It is absolute, Joe

No, it literally isn't absolute. It can be repealed at any point in time much like how the 18th Amendment no longer applies. Biden was correct and you are an idiot.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hunt11 posted:

For a second I thought there was another another shooting.

There were three going on at the same time at one point. It's like Uvalde has given potential shooters the notice that the cops aren't going to do anything to stop you, so you can kill as many people as you like without consequence as long as you remember to save the last round for yourself.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why are the China Daily strips in English?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I AM GRANDO posted:

China Daily is US-facing propaganda. It's intended for US or possibly US-located Chinese expat consumption; for a long time they bought big ads in the Washington Post.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 3, 2022

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They look like poo poo. At least the cia paid for some cool paintings a couple of times.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I AM GRANDO posted:

As a Chinese state propaganda outfit, their target audience is jaded Americans.

I AM GRANDO posted:

They look like poo poo. At least the cia paid for some cool paintings a couple of times.

The question is whether the intended audience buys what they're selling. The actual aesthetics are incidental, otherwise Ted Rall would be unemployed.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 3, 2022

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

...But not guns, the guns have nothing to do with the gun violence.

I am very intelligent.

Kellies nomination: worst concern trolling

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Lisa Benson

Chip Bok

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Mike Lester

Marty Two Bulls

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Clean Up Crew: Joe Biden is complaining that his staff keeps walking back his dangerous comments.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Actually it's "intersex", Lester

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Does Stiglich think motorcycles require you to pedal?

e: I mean, I get the whole "gas is too expensive to ride a motorcycle," I get that part. But why not show the biker guy on a bicycle? Why is it an exercise cycle? Why would a biker get on an exercise cycle if he can't ride a motorcycle? How is it a replacement for a motorcycle?

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 3, 2022

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Warning: The following cartoon is extremely Ted Rall.

Rall: Women Need the Right to Murder Unborn Babies

Ted Rall posted:

Many activists in the pro-choice movement rely on the fiction that human beings aren’t really alive until they are fully viable, whatever that means based on the medical science at the time. They are not willing to commit, as I am, to the idea that women need to have the right to murder their unborn babies.

First Dog on the Moon: SEVENTY YEARS THE QUEEN! Is it because she has not had to work a single day in her life?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Holy poo poo Ted Rall needs to gently caress off
Fitting it's a dude talking down to a woman for the entire comic at least.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh God, is this how the end will come? Will a never-ending stream of school shooting Kick-start the next American civil war?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Trapezium Dave posted:

Warning: The following cartoon is extremely Ted Rall.

Rall: Women Need the Right to Murder Unborn Babies

Sophie Lewis already did that one Ted, without sounding quite as much like a smuglord rear end in a top hat too.

https://twitter.com/reproutopia/status/1138096378637213696

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Brawnfire posted:

Actually it's "intersex", Lester

as an intersex person i am genuinely delighted by this comic because it's the first time i've ever been specifically insulted in a political cartoon (for that particular reason)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
How does it feel being an Inflation

Bloated, i bet

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

after years of training of "when a person is loud and shouty in a cartoon they are being unreasonable and so goddamn crazy and you should side with calmhitler.jpg" this is a weird cartoon. i assume to normal people whose brain hasn't been poisoned by lovely cartoonists the intended message comes across straight away

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Guavanaut posted:

Sophie Lewis already did that one Ted, without sounding quite as much like a smuglord rear end in a top hat too.

https://twitter.com/reproutopia/status/1138096378637213696

I wonder how many people hold similar beliefs, but know it’s basically tacky to voice those opinions. Because this is pretty close to my views on the matter. Which is that, yeah, OBVIOUSLY abortion is murder, but it’s not like state-sanctioned killings of undesirables is some foreign concept. As a society, we decide all the time to extinguish human lives for all sorts of reasons - people who can’t afford necessities or health care, criminals who have committed certain crimes (treason…), enemy combatants on battlefields, unwanted fetuses, etc - and abortion itself brings with it all sorts of issues around bodily autonomy, health care, or dealing with the mess left by rape.

It would be completely immoral to deprive women of such a fundamental human right. It’s also absolutely killing a human being, 100%. But we do that ALL THE TIME as a society!

I have yet to meet anyone who is anti-war, anti-death penalty, AND anti-abortion.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

oobey posted:

I have yet to meet anyone who is anti-war, anti-death penalty, AND anti-abortion.

Not commenting on the position itself, but Pope's, going back at least as far as JPII, have lumped those three things together under the umbrella term "culture of death".

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It's cool to be anti-abortion but not anti-choice.
<:mad:>

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Fair point. The only thing I can possibly say in my defense is that I’ve never actually met the Pope.

But otherwise, point taken.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Better to kill the children now rather than force them to come of age in the 2040s.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Just beneath the panel the man on the left is receiving a blow job while he says this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on trooping of the colour and the Queen’s platinum jubilee – As trooping the colour kicked off jubilee celebrations, rebel Tory MPs’ plans to oust Boris Johnson have descended further into disunity"
Also! How to be a cartoonist, with the Guardian’s Steve Bell online workshop, Wednesday 20th July 6:30pm-8:30pm BST, £51.83 inc. fees

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After AA Milne & EH Shepard.

Times: