Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmao at the idea of democracy existing in america

HMMMMPH i wonder why the capital overlords are kind enough to let me vote?

said no lib ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if you've never done a phone poll it's like 45 minutes of back-to-back questions that you're probably just repeating "strongly disagree" to

it was an online panel so it could've been monkeys pressing buttons for all we know.

but lolol at those young-dem results in light of the tropes about boomers being awful.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Didn't Biden already fix the formulas shortage?

Any parent who hasn't checked for formula at Target, regardless of what specific brand their child identifies with drinking this month, should go to jail

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

papa horny michael posted:

Any parent who hasn't checked for formula at Target, regardless of what specific brand their child identifies with drinking this month, should go to jail

he flew like a weeks worth of formula for a midsized city from the uk one time afaik

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

This ☝️

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if you've never done a phone poll it's like 45 minutes of back-to-back questions that you're probably just repeating "strongly disagree" to

yeah I used to do long rear end surveys for Nielsen, they taught me a really effective way to keep them on the line that long, when they ask how long the survey is or how much longer till it's over, you reply with "just a few moments"

because "moment" isn't specific, if you told them it was gonna take 45 minutes, they'd hang up. I guess it's just a variation on the trick pilots due with delays where they say it'll get resolved in 15 minutes over and over and over.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

he flew like a weeks worth of formula for a midsized city from the uk one time afaik

tom bilsack

quote:

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack meets the first shipment of baby formula transported from Europe by the military in Operation Fly Formula to Indianapolis, Indiana, on May 22, 2022.

wiki posted:

On May 22, the first flight of Operation Fly Formula arrived in the United States. 78,000 pounds (35,000 kg) of formula, including 1.5 million 8-ounce bottles, were transported using military planes from Ramstein Air Base in Germany to Indianapolis. Indianapolis was chosen because it is a Nestlé distribution hub.[72][73] The shipment will account for 15% of the domestic need for specialty medical grade infant formula.[74]

"We shall suffer these babies to live. For a price" --Nestlé

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
if you're young and not conservative you probably just don't identify as a democrat or a republican

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/st...ingawful.com%2F

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Dems are extremely concerned that the Target shopping experience is being appropriated by historically disadvantaged persons.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Really enjoying all the pieces coming out by anonymous staffers about Biden wondering why nobody likes him

Seriously they make me happy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

All he promised was that he wasn't Donald Trump and people are still disappointed

Joe you loving suck

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

virtue signaling, a very novel strategy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm really happy that biden apparently has enough of his mind left to know that he's a failure that everyone hates. being president was his lifetime ambition and it is as ashes in his mouth. gently caress you, biden!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Really enjoying all the pieces coming out by anonymous staffers about Biden wondering why nobody likes him

Seriously they make me happy

there's finally an accompaniment to the ones about harris

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

unlike nazi germany, Mussolini's italy, or even post-Soviet Russia, democracy in america will give way to single-party minority rule not because of liberal collaboration with and empowerment the fascists and autocrats but instead because the political leadership of the liberals were just too loving dumb.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

don't make me tap the sign joe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm really happy that biden apparently has enough of his mind left to know that he's a failure that everyone hates. being president was his lifetime ambition and it is as ashes in his mouth. gently caress you, biden!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

my only regret is that it didn't happen to hillary clinton too

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

people are tired of antifa

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

my only regret is that it didn't happen to hillary clinton too

no, no. its funnier this way definitely

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:unsmith:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

:yeah:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Antonymous posted:

no, no. its funnier this way definitely

Yeah I think Hillary having to eat all the ash in one night as her coronation collapsed around her is the worst way it could have gone for her. She'd still have clung to "first ever woman president" if she'd sucked at actually being one, but she never even gets to try and now someone else will take that crown, eventually

e: and it is likely to be Kamala Harris even if only by Biden finally croaking lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

even if Kamala drops dead right this instant she will have held the presidential powers for longer than Hillary ever will

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Excelzior posted:

even if Kamala drops dead right this instant she will have held the presidential powers for longer than Hillary ever will

Did Joe get put under to get a camera up his butt or what?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Did Joe get put under to get a camera up his butt or what?

yeah he was out for like 5 hours due to anesthesia for a colonoscopy so Kamala was technically First Female President

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WampaLord posted:

yeah he was out for like 5 hours due to anesthesia for a colonoscopy so Kamala was technically First Female President

i think that her official title then was "Acting President" and not actually "President"

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

it's actually even funnier. if sleepy joe hadn't run, he'd have been lionized. the white irish kid from scranton that helped the first black president get elected, an elder statesman of his party. but he couldn't resist it and now he will be remembered as, if not one of the worst presidents, one of the least-liked and least effective. lmao.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Edith Wilson was kinda acting president, but not de jure I guess

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the onion making fun of joe biden for a generation of liberals brainwashed them into thinking he's good somehow is pretty funny. they got the leash yanked by reality real quick

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shear Modulus posted:

i think that her official title then was "Acting President" and not actually "President"

You’re right, because the twenty‐fifth amendment is explicit about this. It was once a real open question. When W. H. Harrison died of pneumonia a month into his term, the cabinet secretaries were like “O.K.* so Tyler can do the president’s job, but he’s still actually the vice president”.

Tyler was like “gently caress all y’all. I’m a real president.” and got sworn in official‐like.

In the numerous times a president has eaten a bullet since then, VPs followed Tyler’s lead. The twenty‐fifth amendment to the U.S. constitution made it official: when there is a vacancy (including following impeachment and removal), the vice president is elevated to the office of president.

However, when the president is alive but unable to discharge their duties, the vice president remains in their own office and merely acts as president.

*This is an anachronism. “O.K.” was coined later in the century.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Platystemon posted:

"Okay" is a Mandinka phrase that means "that's right", Tyler's slave-owning cabinet members would have been familiar with it. People later made up a stupid fake etymology for it because they didn't want to admit that African languages were influencing the white man's English.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Platystemon posted:

You’re right, because the twenty‐fifth amendment is explicit about this. It was once a real open question. When W. H. Harrison died of pneumonia a month into his term, the cabinet secretaries were like “O.K.* so Tyler can do the president’s job, but he’s still actually the vice president”.

Tyler was like “gently caress all y’all. I’m a real president.” and got sworn in official‐like.

In the numerous times a president has eaten a bullet since then, VPs followed Tyler’s lead. The twenty‐fifth amendment to the U.S. constitution made it official: when there is a vacancy (including following impeachment and removal), the vice president is elevated to the office of president.

However, when the president is alive but unable to discharge their duties, the vice president remains in their own office and merely acts as president.

what did they say instead

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Chamale posted:

"Okay" is a Mandinka phrase that means "that's right", Tyler's slave-owning cabinet members would have been familiar with it. People later made up a stupid fake etymology for it because they didn't want to admit that African languages were influencing the white man's English.

Well I’m dead wrong about the timeline either way.

The election of 1840 which Tippecanoe and Tyler won is the exact period when it took off.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shear Modulus posted:

what did they say instead

We’ll never know. Maybe it really was “O.K.”.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4246893 posted:

No records of the Cabinet’s discussion exist.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 09:00 on Jun 3, 2022

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

ok means "all correct" is the uh, i guess white man's version of events?

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

No, "0K" is short for "Zero Killed" and was popularized by my grandfather in the second WW2. He came up with it because it was an easy way to silently signal that the squadron was ready for more action. *makes zero kill gesture*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

palindrome posted:

No, "0K" is short for "Zero Killed" and was popularized by my grandfather in the second WW2. He came up with it because it was an easy way to silently signal that the squadron was ready for more action. *makes zero kill gesture*

I don’t think this is true, but I do believe that the true name of “#” is “octatherp”.

Antonymous posted:

ok means "all correct" is the uh, i guess white man's version of events?

Yeah, but do we accept an origin in Mandinka or Choctaw?

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 09:09 on Jun 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
didnt see this in the thread but prob just missed still

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1532097085981474818

biden's job really is about giving you the news that the company can't give you a raise cause of externalities