Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Erg posted:

k-on is good but not essential

i actually don’t know I’d call any anime an essential watch if someone said they weren’t really interested in the premise

You’re wrong. K-on is essential.

AlternateNu posted:

First season came out in '09.

But don't worry. I've never seen it, either.

NikkolasKing posted:

That was the 2000s?

But no, I've never seen it.

The calibre of posters in the chat thread has really declined lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Watch K-ON!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
maybe later

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've never seen k-on.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i have

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i dropped k-on

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Saagonsa posted:

Okay Valhalla was a bit longer than I was expecting and then I took a couple week break, but now that I beat it let me say: The people in Games who said that it's just channer humor with a story that doesn't go anywhere were insane.

Good game, I enjoyed it.

doing the shocked Pikachu face irl at Games being incorrect about games

Erg posted:

https://kirbyswrongland.ytmnd.com/

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

more like k-off

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

This page is... dissapointing

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Erg posted:

i actually don’t know I’d call any anime an essential watch if someone said they weren’t really interested in the premise

legend of galac

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
K-on is excellent

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Erg posted:

It's always fun to call an obscure, forgettable show essential, as a fun prank.

Princess Rouge: Legend of the Last Labyrinth is totally required viewing, folks.:wink:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm watching The Boys Season 3 available on Amazon Prime Video, instead of anime today.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'm gonna start uchuu no stellvia, surely an essential show

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Srice posted:

more like k-off

:hai:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm watching The Boys Season 3 available on Amazon Prime Video, instead of anime today.

drat that came out of nowhere.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wake me up when invincible (an anime, unlike the boys) season 2 is available on the amazon prime video streaming service

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The (Daily Lives of High School) Boys

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I started Severance and it's pretty good

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

Dylan is the MVP. Give him all the waffles and finger traps.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Namtab posted:

The calibre of posters in the chat thread has really declined lately

Still hasn't reached the depths of Namtab posting, though.

Srice posted:

more like k-off

I haven't been to Book Off in a while. I should change that.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

yeah that was tight.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Boys is back. Men is in theaters. 2022 is dude year.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Srice posted:

The Boys is back. Men is in theaters. 2022 is dude year.

it's dudes rock every year op

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

it's dudes rock every year op

v true but sometimes people need a reminder

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Low effort and doesn't add much to the original work: future funk.

Absolutely awesome: that MF DOOM x Tatsuro Yamashita mashup album on youtube.

I've been a fan for 20 years thanks to being a band geek with mentors that were into jazz/funk fusion: Casiopea.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
crying in rage as i listen to the partiboi69 remix of smooth criminal wondering why it doesn't add anything artistically besides bass and matching the bpm to the rest of the set

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

At least with partiboi69 you get some sweet manservice when he tears his pants off. That's art.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my point is house music and all of it's descendants are less about 'adding' to a work and more about making source tracks and samples fit in the same set or album. it's only low effort if you don't understand where the effort is going to.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The effort is in my ear holes

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i for one appreciate all the feedback received from the thread, i'd never have stopped liking these artists if the thread didn't let me know they were bad

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

There's nothing wrong with liking future funk, just like there's nothing wrong with liking an image of the Mona Lisa put through a deepmind AI pass that makes it look like she has 800 eyes. Like no sarcasm intended, derivative art can be really cool.

I do think there's a stark difference in how creatively impressive these things are, to me personally, that's all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If I can derive some kinda twisted, idiotic enjoyment out of Banana Phone in 2022 I don't see why people can't just like whatever the heck they want.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mentat Radnor posted:

There's nothing wrong with liking future funk, just like there's nothing wrong with liking an image of the Mona Lisa put through a deepmind AI pass that makes it look like she has 800 eyes. Like no sarcasm intended, derivative art can be really cool.

I do think there's a stark difference in how creatively impressive these things are, to me personally, that's all.

much like the deepmind photo the artistry in house music is the construction and mix of the full set, like how those ai photos are only cool because of the software driving it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[staring at a cubist painting] why didn't he just paint them normal

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

[staring at a cubist painting] why didn't he just paint them normal

This unironically

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

I don't think many cubists got famous for their remixes of Renoir's paintings . . .

Look it's fine, it's enjoyable music that slaps, I'm just saying that the bulk of creativity came from Japanese artists back in the economic boom times and failing to at least acknowledge that fact and credit them makes me do a big :rolleyes:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Tales of Woe posted:

i'm gonna start uchuu no stellvia, surely an essential show

We need more shows where the protagonist's super power is just coding really fast.