Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

it's actually even funnier. if sleepy joe hadn't run, he'd have been lionized. the white irish kid from scranton that helped the first black president get elected, an elder statesman of his party. but he couldn't resist it and now he will be remembered as, if not one of the worst presidents, one of the least-liked and least effective. lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Honest Thief posted:

didnt see this in the thread but prob just missed still

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1532097085981474818

biden's job really is about giving you the news that the company can't give you a raise cause of externalities

Jesus christ

why say this out loud, what the gently caress is he doing

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
art of saying exactly nothing of value

SadBag
Jun 24, 2012

Something has gone very wrong for us to get to the point where Hot Dog is the admiral.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

it's actually even funnier. if sleepy joe hadn't run, he'd have been lionized. the white irish kid from scranton that helped the first black president get elected, an elder statesman of his party. but he couldn't resist it and now he will be remembered as, if not one of the worst presidents, one of the least-liked and least effective. lmao.

But he wasn't gonna be remembered. No one remembers vice presidents unless they become president. 100 years later no one remembers Wilson's vice president pick, or Hoover's vice president pick.
Whereas in 100 years, people hear "Joe Biden" and they're gonna say, "Oh yeah, that guy who was between Trumps presidency and his coronation as God Emperor. Now keep rowing, they didn't do anything about global warming and now we live in Waterworld as galley slaves".

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Honest Thief posted:

biden's job really is about giving you the news that the company can't give you a raise cause of externalities

Lmao

The bread and circuses just got 10% more expensive, jack.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

All he promised was that he wasn't Donald Trump and people are still disappointed

Joe you loving suck

He made tons of promises what are you talking about

158 days, motherfuckers

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmao

The bread and circuses you never got just got 10% more expensive, jack.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Lmao

The bread and circuses just got 10% more expensive, jack.

We'd be loving lucky if it was only 10%

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/dunksdeu...ingawful.com%2F

joe biden is not just a worthless president, he's on track to be one of the worst in history

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

ex post facho posted:

joe biden is not just a worthless president, he's on track to be one of the worst in history

good or bad, I feel like he's far and away the least engaged president in modern times, that he matters the least

but trump screwed up my barometer for determining things like this so idk

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
So wild to be looking back and wishing the current president was as good as Nixon

The Dems have earned what's coming

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

ex post facho posted:

A record to be beaten only by every subsequent president.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

biden is the 21st century herbert hoover and instead of that rebounding into a sort of social democratic stabilization we will just get a series of lunatic fascists seeking ever greater bloodshed until we perish in fire

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hey thats not fair. Biden and his cops would never allow hoovervilles to be built.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

projecthalaxy posted:

Hey thats not fair. Biden and his cops would never allow hoovervilles to be built.

It's illegal to be homeless in many cities. I'm surprised this hasn't translated into new prisons yet TBH.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

all we get now are temporary hoovervilles before the cops come and sweep them 2 blocks over with half their stuff in the trash to be repeated the next week ad infinitum. definitely more effective a solution

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

good or bad, I feel like he's far and away the least engaged president in modern times, that he matters the least

but trump screwed up my barometer for determining things like this so idk

Trump proved that you could just rule by executive order and dare Congress to do anything about it and they wouldn't so Biden sitting on his rear end through his whole term is especially noticeable

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

Trump proved that you could just rule by executive order and dare Congress to do anything about it and they wouldn't so Biden sitting on his rear end through his whole term is especially noticeable

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
biden to his aides: let me speak to the people.

biden's aides: ...

biden to the people: the price of food, and gas. what's it gonna take, god help us. god help us.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

the democrats are obsessed with messaging and finding a narrative to help them in november

the message: we can’t and won’t do anything

consultants still gonna make a lot of money tho

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

so far the dem messaging is "actually sweaty everything is great now shut up and vote blue no matter who in this the most important election of our lives

for some reason it's not catching on

maybe if they be even more condescending

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biden's aides are punishing him by letting the public see and hear his words and ideas

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

the bitcoin of weed posted:

biden is the 21st century herbert hoover and instead of that rebounding into a sort of social democratic stabilization we will just get a series of lunatic fascists seeking ever greater bloodshed until we perish in fire

He's the 21st century Buchanan. Watching the ship sink and saying "There's nothing I can do about it."

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chamale posted:

He's the 21st century Buchanan. Watching the ship sink and saying "There's nothing I can do about it."

Biden: not my problem

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Biden: not my problem

My god. Sorry Jack hands are tied! My god.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

bread lines except no lines and no bread, and also it's not bread it's baby formula

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

"things are great actually, you are just stupid and need to get a better job" is what Hilary's campaign message on the economy was, I seem to recall

There was an op ed in the Washington Post in like July of 2016 to the effect of "why are we so convinced that people are angry, the economy is great!" that told me exactly what was coming and how few people understood it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the white hand posted:

biden to his aides: let me speak to the people.

biden's aides: ...

biden to the people: the price of food, and gas. what's it gonna take, god help us. god help us.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Americans should be confident about the economy also Americans should expect breadlines

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Americans should be confident about the economy also Americans should expect breadlines

Well, lines. Bread might be unrealistic.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

docbeard posted:

Well, lines. Bread might be unrealistic.

yeah

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

how many more do they need to start amending the constitution

thatll be some real sicko poo poo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
calling a constitutional convention is one thing, but lol if you think our dumbass populace could ever come together and ratify anything by popular vote

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

calling a constitutional convention is one thing, but lol if you think our dumbass populace could ever come together and ratify anything by popular vote

there's no requirement for a popular referendum to amend the constitution. The only requirement is for a proposed amendment to be approved by 3/4 of state legislatures.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

The baby formula shortage continued to worsen last week despite actions from the Biden administration to ease constraints, according to retail tracking data.

Out-of-stock rates climbed to 74% nationally for the week ending May 28, according to data on 130,000 stores followed by Datasembly. The increase comes after rates spiked to 70% for the week ending May 21 from 45% the week prior.

Ten states now have out-of-stock rates at 90% or greater, including Arizona, Mississippi, California, Nevada, Tennessee, Rhode Island, Louisiana, Florida and Washington. Georgia is the hardest hit at 94%, a jump from 74% the week before.

stop helping republicans you monster

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shear Modulus posted:

there's no requirement for a popular referendum to amend the constitution. The only requirement is for a proposed amendment to be approved by 3/4 of state legislatures.

well congress decides the ratification method, but yeah it'd almost certainly just be 38 state leges style, and each state gets to decide whether it's up for popular referendum or whartever

however scotus has also said that the public is allowed to overturn their lege's decision. ofc lol red states

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

sometimes when I imagine how a constitutional convention would go down I picture poo poo like populous states demanding that votes be apportioned by delegates (or something like that - iirc the states get delegates in proportion to population, but each state delegation gets one vote)

then I remember that I'm talking about the democrats

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

also our current constitution didnt follow the rules of the previous constitution for amendment, the precedent is already set for just doing whatever a sufficiently empowered political party wants

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the supreme court decided public servants are under no obligation to actually help you

which explains the Democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
last night in north northern ohio, ontario, the democrats were destroyed, and the different colour democrats didn't do much better, and the big c conservatives led by short, round trump have coasted to a complaint-proof majority government for a minimum of the next four years

a preview of things to come