Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

WeaponX posted:

JMFJ is a helluva drug. He will always have a consistent NHL job until he is devastatingly injures or retires.

And then he'll be head of the DOPS, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

are we still comparing this series to EDM/CGY? or is that over now :shh:

Colorado in four

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
We might take one.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Edmonton has done a great job of undoing any sympathy neutral fans had.

Nice job Frankie.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Does anybody need to be investigated for match fixing after this one?

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

FRANKIE! FRANKIE! FRANKIE!

Never imagined he'd get a shutout after the way game 1 went, although I did think he played well in relief and was hoping he'd just match that performance tonight. But he exceeded. Only bad play was when he basically went to center ice to try to play a puck for some reason.

I don't know if it's wishful thinking but it looks like McDrai are running out of steam. You can't expect them to carry a whole team forever and it looks like the load has finally gotten too heavy for them

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
goddamn edmonton looked bad, they barely tested the avs goalie

Avs did a great job defensively but edmonton just looked like they thought they'd skate through the avs every rush and failed repeatedly. Just...a terrible job

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

MJeff posted:

Does anybody need to be investigated for match fixing after this one?

about 20 guys on the edmonton oilers

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Eric the Mauve posted:

And then he'll be head of the DOPS, probably

Sometimes I swear the NHL feels bad for what his family did to him and will help him recoup all of that money no matter what it takes.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Marklar posted:

Sometimes I swear the NHL feels bad for what his family did to him and will help him recoup all of that money no matter what it takes.

That's what I was thinking. He's got a job for life.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Game was great. Avs rule. Frankie rules

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/hockeystatcards/status/1532556697142759424?s=21&t=C7hHVQ_oDR1LEgFVugJ3qA

Is this good

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Hey, if you've got 15 guys outperforming Connor McDavid, you've got a pretty good chance of winning on any night.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Draisaitl was pretty elite at whacking people in the face with his stick

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Looks fine to me!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

First period track meet was fun but boy do the Oilers look... like the Oilers! McD Shouod he traded in the offseason, obviously.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
the absolute best part is the cap hell they are in next year thanks to Nurse's 9.25M contact kicking in. this was their shot.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Why is everyone counting them out? This is the playoffs. Have you heard? The Rangers got humiliated by the Pens two games in a row and looked out and now are up 1-0 in the ECF.

Next two games are in Edmonton. They could easily win at least one of them and get back in the series

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

the absolute best part is the cap hell they are in next year thanks to Nurse's 9.25M contact kicking in. this was their shot.

Nah.

They'll lose one of Kane/Jesse/Kailer most likely but they really only have a year of cap issues, and if they offload Kassian and/or Barrie those issues mostly go away without losing one of the aforementioned 3.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's not a series until someone wins a road game. McDavid tend to bounce back from weak performances with a dominant night. I expect folks will be singing a different tune in 48 hours.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Nah it's over.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrunkPanda posted:

I don't know if it's wishful thinking but it looks like McDrai are running out of steam. You can't expect them to carry a whole team forever and it looks like the load has finally gotten too heavy for them

They don't eat clean like Mackinnon. I saw McDavid have a frenched fry once.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Are there any sports journalist hot takes yet that McDavid is a playoff choker and fraud? Inject that poo poo right into my veins when they get written.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Cartoon Man posted:

Are there any sports journalist hot takes yet that McDavid is a playoff choker and fraud? Inject that poo poo right into my veins when they get written.

I've been seeing a lot of takes that he's been getting absolutely worked by Makar. You know, the guy that's getting paid less than Nurse :haw: . Also the guy that Kane has been trying real hard to kill :ohdear:

Also Woodcroft apparently cried about how the refs were giving the Avs too many powerplays, after his team started gooning it up. I hope that doesn't sit well with the refs, that some doofus rear end interim coach criticized them after that poo poo. They should give the Avs a 10-0 powerplay advantage next game to send a message :hai:

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 3, 2022

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

DrunkPanda posted:

Right?! HE ADAPTED. Bednar literally rode the sinking Nemeth ship all the way to another 2nd round playoff exit last season and never even CONSIDERED swapping him out for a healthy Byram

It’s easy to say Gallant “adapted” when, in this case, he adapted by swapping out the bad gritty veteran with a not-as-bad gritty veteran.

But I have no doubt that if we hadn’t picked up Braun, Nemeth would still be playing, and the vastly superior option of Zac Jones would be sitting in the press box.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DrunkPanda posted:

I've been seeing a lot of takes that he's been getting absolutely worked by Makar. You know, the guy that's getting paid less than Nurse :haw: . Also the guy that Kane has been trying real hard to kill :ohdear:

Also Woodcroft apparently cried about how the refs were giving the Avs too many powerplays, after his team started gooning it up. I hope that doesn't sit well with the refs, that some doofus rear end interim coach criticized them after that poo poo. They should give the Avs a 10-0 powerplay advantage next game to send a message :hai:

WOW A COACH TRYING TO INFLUENCE THE REFS WHAT A LOSER

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

DrunkPanda posted:

Makar didn’t do poo poo to mcdavid. The forwards played him well in the neutral zone and funneled him to the outside and the defense then just pasted him into the boards after crossing the blue line. All. Night. Long.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

He had that one semi break in the first after a save at the other end IIRC makar ended that with a nice poke check

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Also the idea that Woodcroft shouldn't say anything about his player getting headshotted and knocked out of the game is lmao come the gently caress on

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
this is exactly what makes rooting against the oilers so much fun

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Cocaine Bear posted:

He had that one semi break in the first after a save at the other end IIRC makar ended that with a nice poke check

Yeah that was nice. Gotta be scary as gently caress going 1 on 1 with McD at speed.

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1532517038928830473

To Wonderllama's point though, he just had good spacing and kept him to the outside. But gently caress that is fast for backward skating.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

1) keeping up with McDavid
2) the patience and gapping
3) sick loving poke check

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

It's just funny when the Oilers are crying about refs calling penalties on them when they were throwing elbows, crosschecks, sticks to the Avs players heads all game. It's like they don't realize that those things aren't allowed in the rules.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DrunkPanda posted:

It's just funny when the Oilers are crying about refs calling penalties on them when they were throwing elbows, crosschecks, sticks to the Avs players heads all game. It's like they don't realize that those things aren't allowed in the rules.

Well if no one else is gonna follow the rules, why should they? There's a trophy on the line!

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Why did the Islanders trade Toews for two 2nd rounders?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Also the idea that Woodcroft shouldn't say anything about his player getting headshotted and knocked out of the game is lmao come the gently caress on

The Jack Adams winner's big statement on his team maybe being screwed by a call was "oh well you know I didn't see it so yeah uh"

Maybe Woodcroft could learn something.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Misanthrope posted:

Are you questioning the wisdom of two-time Jim Gregory award winner Lou Lamoriello?

But since you asked, best 4th line in hockey.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Misanthrope posted:

He is worth as much as when Pittsburgh traded for a Douglas Murray rental, but all of hockey media has to continue pumping Lou’s tires. Guy hasn’t been competent at his job in like two decades but you must respect him and be clean shaven while he fills your roster out with a bunch of guys in their mid-30’s on multi-year deals

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Misanthrope posted:

Because he’s still upset at Minnesota for getting Parise as a UFA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DrunkPanda posted:

I don't think Jay Woodcroft mentioning his player being headshotted and it not being called means he thinks headshots are allowed in the rules.