Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Falstaff posted:

There was a prior case that didn't have a last-minute happy ending.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/woman...using-1.5860579

This is just the neoliberal T4 program. Sure these people are making a "choice" to kill themselves, but none the less the state has has pushed them into this corner and given them no other choice. Horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

mediaphage posted:

absolutely the fords, the irvings are more like captain planet villains

Captain Planet villains do not even come close to the scale and scope of the Irvings.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

This makes me happy:

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Horwath resigning. rip to a useless one.

Only good thing to happen tonight, was worried she'd stick because they didn't trade seat totals with the Libs. Finally took the hint to leave.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Maybe now we can get a proper working class party?

No?

Ah well, nevertheless

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

PhilippAchtel posted:

No?

Ah well, nevertheless

but dougie is for the people!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I do love to see the Libs hoisted by FPTP though

Our electoral system is such a joke

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

I do love to see the Libs hoisted by FPTP though

Our electoral system is such a joke

B-b-but we’re the Natural Governing Party!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Emailing this to Steven Del Duca:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

PhilippAchtel posted:

Emailing this to Steven Del Duca:

i think she could have used that math when she put her overpriced condo up for sale and it didnt sell

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

infernal machines posted:

depends, are the Irvings in any way competent?

the washrooms are clean

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

No?

Ah well, nevertheless

The problem is that the NDP are too beholden to its pinko fringe. Left wing or Right, let's meet in the center!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Virtual Russian posted:

Captain Planet villains do not even come close to the scale and scope of the Irvings.

i meant in terms of feeling actively evil and fairly competent versus the fords

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pokeyman posted:

the washrooms are clean

well, heck.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

No?

Ah well, nevertheless

All I know is that I now have a Hardon for Harden.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PhilippAchtel posted:

No?

Ah well, nevertheless

clearly the NDP need to move to the right to capture disaffected Liberal voters

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

vyelkin posted:

Where are they going to release them to afterwards? The 905 is a tough get.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

eXXon posted:

Where are they going to release them to afterwards? The 905 is a tough get.

just gotta keep going right, outflank the conservatives, no one will expect it

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
This was a pretty bad blow to the Jagmeet wing of the party is well. All three of the ONDP's Brampton MPP's got wiped out. including Jagmeet's brother. Actually the MPP of Brampton North, Kevin Yarde didn't even win the nomination probably by a coordinated attempt to get a Sikh candidate in Brampton.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

eXXon posted:

Is it more embarrassing to be owned by the Fords or the Irvings?

Irvings own dying businesses in a dying province, Fords are killing their businesses and killing people in their province so kind of a wash I guess.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

Did you know Ontario has three left-wing parties and that they split the vote among eachother so the single right-wing party could win

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
jagmeet is basically cooked after the next federal election especially if the ndp cant make anymore gains. he also just might be leader for life now though because the party is mostly broke and leadership changes are expensive

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicAcne posted:

This was a pretty bad blow to the Jagmeet wing of the party is well. All three of the ONDP's Brampton MPP's got wiped out. including Jagmeet's brother. Actually the MPP of Brampton North, Kevin Yarde didn't even win the nomination probably by a coordinated attempt to get a Sikh candidate in Brampton.

Windsor west is still NDP, I did my part. Lol my representative is wayne gretzkys cousin or something

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

jagmeet is basically cooked after the next federal election especially if the ndp cant make anymore gains. he also just might be leader for life now though because the party is mostly broke and leadership changes are expensive

I don't even know what the "Jagmeet wing" of the NDP is or represents at this point

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
if its anything like my disastrous attempt at helping the NDP fundraise, it's a bunch of brampton residents who moved heaven and earth to make jagmeet leader and then immediately hosed off from the party

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Mameluke posted:

Did you know Ontario has three left-wing parties and that they split the vote among eachother so the single right-wing party could win

Left of the PCs, sure, but insinuating the OLP are left-wing is.. wrong lol. Chaotic Neutral at best. NDP have been tracking right the last couple cycles under Horwath, but still legitimately left-wing for now. And the Greens... left'ish libertarians? Hard to take seriously a party that will never govern and knows it.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Haha yeah I was paraphrasing a redditor I can't be arsed to source, I'd say "Ontario has four right-wing parties and one centre-left one"

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Mameluke posted:

This is honestly the worst read on the results entirely.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Looked at a few ridings around me and they all had a solid 50%+ majority for the conservative candidate.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
people say canadians want a moderate centre-right party that mostly just upholds the status quo yet nobody votes for the ndp

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

people say canadians want a moderate centre-right party that mostly just upholds the status quo yet nobody votes for the ndp

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1532553583287103488?t=XLNJI-3KvPOtsQn2pstxJw&s=19

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

Thats the website run by 23 year old brock polisci grad lol

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

Strategic voting websites once again prove how loving stupid and inaccurate they are:

Votethemallout:

Votewell:

Actual Results:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Don't forget the amateur modellers:

Nailed it! just barely got the upper bound for the NDP/lower Liberal bound with gigantic error bars

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

lol that margin of error though

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

eXXon posted:

Don't forget the amateur modellers:

Nailed it! just barely got the upper bound for the NDP/lower Liberal bound with gigantic error bars

I'm just curious where they got that +19 Libs/-19 NDP switch from.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RBC posted:

Strategic voting websites once again prove how loving stupid and inaccurate they are:

Votethemallout:

Votewell:

Actual Results:

lol at the OLP just barely edging out the NDP for total votes but winning 1/4 the seats

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the future is oaf nephews

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1532556105464676352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

powerful Dugger vibes off this one