Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the last time i put it on they were debating whether or not the president of france was sexy

the dissenter of the group found him to be excessively hirsute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Loose lips sink ships. The loose women have done terrorism at sea on numerous occasions.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the point is that it is supposed to sound scandalous and hip, when it mostly appears to be 50-70 year old tories reciting the most unimaginative talking points in existence.

More hip replacement than hip.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

lol

This is weird, feels very different to colds/flus. Don't know how to describe it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
NORMAN

NORMAN!!!!! ARE YOU WATCHING THOSE LOOSE WOMEN AGAIN

I TOLD YOU YOU'RE TO WATCH BARGAIN HUNT BEFORE THE NEWS, NORMAN, THOSE LOOSE WOMEN ARE LIBERAL LEFTIES NORMAN, THEY'RE WOMEN'S LIBBERS!!!!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Barry Foster posted:

lol

This is weird, feels very different to colds/flus. Don't know how to describe it

i probably have the thing because i was at my ma's most of the day yesterday and she rang me last night to tell me she'd tested positive

managed to avoid it until now

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

crispix posted:

i probably have the thing because i was at my ma's most of the day yesterday and she rang me last night to tell me she'd tested positive

managed to avoid it until now

Same. I feel quite annoyed about it, to be honest, I really did think I could hold out indefinitely.

If/when I feel better (and that "if" isn't insignificant, given what we know) I guess I am looking forward to a couple weeks of relief, though. Maybe I'll actually go inside pubs and stuff!!!

I hope if you do got it you don't got it bad, though. Take care!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Barry Foster posted:

lol

For me it felt like a 10 day hangover and sequelae of occasional headache, but everyone's trip is different. Goonspeed

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Containment has been breached, I repeat containment has been breached. Colleen Nolan has broken free, the women are loose again.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Senior Economist journalist Helen Joyce going full mask off here. Caution, this clip is genuinely disturbing.

https://twitter.com/joss_prior/status/1532431478461804544?s=21&t=kfB0S6r6YYCwBRClI0WF-A

The other person in this clip is a sidekick of one Graham Linehan, just in case anyone would like an update on the slow motion car crash that is his life.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Barry Foster posted:

Same. I feel quite annoyed about it, to be honest, I really did think I could hold out indefinitely.

If/when I feel better (and that "if" isn't insignificant, given what we know) I guess I am looking forward to a couple weeks of relief, though. Maybe I'll actually go inside pubs and stuff!!!

I hope if you do got it you don't got it bad, though. Take care!

thanks - i have three doses of vaccine and so does my mum. the person who brought it into my aunt's house (and gave it to her and in turn to my mum) is my cousin who has 0 doses of vaccine because she believes it is the mark of the beast and part of the satanic globalists' plan for the world

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

For me it felt like a 10 day hangover and sequelae of occasional headache, but everyone's trip is different. Goonspeed

It's definitely got an aspect of the hangover about it, now that you mention it. I don't actually feel that sick (yet), just completely spaced and out of it. Or, like, concussed

crispix posted:

thanks - i have three doses of vaccine and so does my mum. the person who brought it into my aunt's house (and gave it to her and in turn to my mum) is my cousin who has 0 doses of vaccine because she believes it is the mark of the beast and part of the satanic globalists' plan for the world

:smith:

Yikes. Good luck to her, I guess. My Mum and Dad also currently have it, and Dad is a 65yo overweight male recent cancer survivor with one vaccine in him from April last year. I always thought "well, what happens to him serves him right, I'm not gonna worry about it" but dammit, you still worry when it Actually Happens

Although knowing this dumbass universe he'll probably get over it quickly/problem-free while I get crippled, and then he'll feel his anti-vax views are vindicated lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Have the satanic globulists managed to attack and dethrone god yet? They've had like a century at least and all they've done so far is put barcodes on food and get rid of wild polio.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Answers Me posted:

The other person in this clip is a sidekick of one Graham Linehan, just in case anyone would like an update on the slow motion car crash that is his life.

slow motion?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Loose women are destroying our otherwise perfect country

Yes I am a tory why do you ask

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's like one of the final destination films I think where even if it went at normal speed it would still take quite a long time because they keep finding new, more absurd and convoluted ways to crash cars.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The globularists want a one world government, they want to move the local council offices to Indochina! They'll take forever to sort out the bins then!

Just heard two people walk past attempting to sing god save the queen from memory, judging by that I think they might have already done the dethroning god bit.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Very much so. I tested positive last Friday morning. Took a test as feeling a bit fluy (achy, coughing). That continued for a few days with lots of sleep and being sweaty. By Monday evening? Tuesday? I was feeling fine again. Now just waiting for my lateral flow to go back to negative and no symptoms.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I caught it in March after travelling internationally by plane (edit: actually from the timing I caught it in a pub abroad) and ended up on an ivermectin trial.

I was tired and feverish for a week but took the pills and then just felt a little hoarse.

But seriously I was mobile but tired as hell all the time but I was starting to feel a little better on day 5 when the pills arrived and then had a recovery weekend and tested negative. I did then relapse a bit the middle of the next week and just had no energy at all though so watch for that everyone.

Currently I have hayfever for the first time in my life which is annoying as hell but that could be unrelated.

namesake fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 3, 2022

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Thankfully haven't caught it yet, but am a shut in so.
But a work mate, lives with 3 others, they all got it 2-3 months ago and were bad. And work mate took care of them, being as careful as he could.
He didn't get it from them, leaving food outside bedroom doors, wiping everything after, etc.
His birthday was a week and a bit ago, and they took him to a fancy Japanese sushi restaurant that you have to book. As for his birthday and thanks for taking care of him.
He got it from there.
And seems to be hit badly with it, but not hospital worthy yet.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I've had Covid twice. First time wasn't poo poo but the second absolutely floored me. Main illness only lasted a week but for months after I struggled with tiredness and inability to do a full workout. Only recently getting back to where I'm not dead tired after a light workout but still nowhere near where I was before Covid.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Answers Me posted:

Haven't watched the clip but I'm struggling to imagine how pathetic you'd have to be to be Glinner's sidekick.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The only reason I knew I had it really was the little line on the thing. Hopefully it's like that.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's definitely getting near the time where I'll start getting weird looks for wearing a mask on the train/tube/bus, but I've been consistently travelling on public transport since the start of the pandemic and haven't caught the rona yet.
And this is with having direct, face-to-face contact with children for over a year without wearing a mask.

It turns out that kids spread germs a lot less easily than full-loving-grown adults.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I dunno I caught mine from a child having been real careful otherwise.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I bet you were sad you couldn't attend the jubilee.

TwoShanks
Feb 27, 2007

Robots of the world unite

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Surprised to see Prince Andrew is a goon. Would have expected a mod though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lmao u guys

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I thought I had COVID but test said no. Wife had it, we continued to share a bed, I didn't get symptoms, and tests said no. I no longer often wear a mask (and, living in London, I am surrounded by people not wearing masks). I essentially live the life I lived in 2019. I've tested with every cold-like episode I've had, and tests have said no.

I can't work out if I've just had it On the Sly (but seemingly never given it to my wife, because the one time she had it was from a work night out and she was Right Proper Sick) or I'm one of the Weirdly Immune. It's really odd.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jeherrin posted:

I thought I had COVID but test said no. Wife had it, we continued to share a bed, I didn't get symptoms, and tests said no. I no longer often wear a mask (and, living in London, I am surrounded by people not wearing masks). I essentially live the life I lived in 2019. I've tested with every cold-like episode I've had, and tests have said no.

I can't work out if I've just had it On the Sly (but seemingly never given it to my wife, because the one time she had it was from a work night out and she was Right Proper Sick) or I'm one of the Weirdly Immune. It's really odd.

I know several people like this, including myself. Apparently it just happens sometimes that the tests don't pick it up for some reason.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Miftan posted:

I know several people like this, including myself. Apparently it just happens sometimes that the tests don't pick it up for some reason.

There's a very good reason.

LFTs are crude. They're designed to pick up high viral loads. They're designed to be binary diagnostic tools used in the presence of non-specific but obvious symptoms: for doctors and nurses going 'we know they've got a respiratory illness, the LFT will tell us if it's this respiratory illness'.

If you want nuance, if you want to pick up the 'hidden' stuff, you need PCRs tests. They use an amplification mechanism to flag even small traces of bits of viral protein. Of course, if you amplify too much, you risk noise, so typically PCRs have amplification rates in the 30s. Covid PCRs had amplification rates in the 40s, but I'm sure that's fine. Sure!

Either way, if you want a public health strategy that keeps a good track of Covid in symptomatic and non-symptomatic populations, you want PCRs. Lots of them, at appropriate sensitivity. Save the LFTs for hospitals where you need the rapid turnaround of 'is it/isn't it'.

You'll note this is literally the opposite of what we did.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jeherrin posted:

There's a very good reason.

LFTs are crude. They're designed to pick up high viral loads. They're designed to be binary diagnostic tools used in the presence of non-specific but obvious symptoms: for doctors and nurses going 'we know they've got a respiratory illness, the LFT will tell us if it's this respiratory illness'.

If you want nuance, if you want to pick up the 'hidden' stuff, you need PCRs tests. They use an amplification mechanism to flag even small traces of bits of viral protein. Of course, if you amplify too much, you risk noise, so typically PCRs have amplification rates in the 30s. Covid PCRs had amplification rates in the 40s, but I'm sure that's fine. Sure!

Either way, if you want a public health strategy that keeps a good track of Covid in symptomatic and non-symptomatic populations, you want PCRs. Lots of them, at appropriate sensitivity. Save the LFTs for hospitals where you need the rapid turnaround of 'is it/isn't it'.

You'll note this is literally the opposite of what we did.

For what it's worth two of the people I know in that situation got PCR tests that also tested negative. Now it's possible they took them too soon (didn't pick up covid from their spouse yet who just tested positive) or too late (didn't want to leave the hosue while obviously sick with a spouse that has covid), but either way :shrug:

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Miftan posted:

For what it's worth two of the people I know in that situation got PCR tests that also tested negative. Now it's possible they took them too soon (didn't pick up covid from their spouse yet who just tested positive) or too late (didn't want to leave the hosue while obviously sick with a spouse that has covid), but either way :shrug:

So did they have COVID or not?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

yeah thats just not covid at that point?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jeherrin posted:

So did they have COVID or not?

The tests said no, but one of them had basically every symptom (but very mild) and the other didn't have symptoms at all. I suppose he could have been asymptomatic though. Feels unlikely that you wouldn't have covid while sharing a bed and being locked in a house with someone who has it though.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

asypmtomatic covid with no test result is just... normal human?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Miftan posted:

The tests said no, but one of them had basically every symptom (but very mild) and the other didn't have symptoms at all. I suppose he could have been asymptomatic though. Feels unlikely that you wouldn't have covid while sharing a bed and being locked in a house with someone who has it though.

London Royal Free did a challenge survey where they paid 36 people several thousand pounds to willingly expose themselves to Covid in a controlled environment. Half of them never developed an infection or shed the virus.

It’s very possible to not get it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jeherrin posted:

London Royal Free did a challenge survey where they paid 36 people several thousand pounds to willingly expose themselves to Covid in a controlled environment. Half of them never developed an infection or shed the virus.

It’s very possible to not get it.

Huh, that's really interesting. I did not know that so cheers. Could be the one that had mild symptoms was psychosomatic.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
The Princess Diamond cruise ship (that my mum was supposed to be in courtesy of my rich brother but cancelled once we realized 'something was going on') right at the start of the pandemic - a confined space - not everyone on there caught it either too. Out of 3500 people, 712 got it.

COVID-19 patients on Diamond Princess Japan 2020
Published by Statista Research Department, Nov 8, 2021
A total of 712 people were infected with COVID-19 on the Diamond Princess cruise ship – 567 passengers and 145 crew members. The cruise ship, which had more than 3,500 people on board, was quarantined for around two weeks. All passengers and crew members had finally disembarked the ship by March 1, 2020.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1099517/japan-coronavirus-patients-diamond-princess/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
@WhatEvil, thanks I will have a look at Meet Up. I vaguely remember signing up in early 2020 just after my relationship crumbled, only for the the rest of the world to fall apart.

In other news I have fallen over and taken the skin off my knees, palms and the top of one foot. Serves me right for going to a Jubilee Party.