Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Tatsuta Age posted:

yea the issue with windows laptops (any of them) is the trackpad is just SO much worse than any apple laptop, and since you will use it basically all the time, it's just a permanent frustration

Its gotten a lot better recently, as Microsoft requires trackpads to support Precision drivers for Win11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Soul Dentist posted:

While you got the knife out keep cutting the individual segments out of the central framework. Keep the segments in a bowl and squeeze the carcass into your mouth or onto food. This is called "supreming" an orange and it's really supreme if you know what I mean

This is how I eat grapefruit

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Practically the only Windows laptops worth buying are business class machines, which you won’t find in most stores.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Think I'm just gonna go to Costco today and buy a bag of chips

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
"my wife needs a work laptop to stream video" = "get a Mac"

What the hell thread lmao

Streaming video is among the lowest of things you can ask a device to do, especially since the question is work laptop. Whatever "work" is might have very real considerations that makes a Mac a non-starter. If it doesn't need to be a PC then don't even get a 'real' laptop and just get a Chromebook or something and pocket the cash. If her work is paying for it though and she can do a Mac with whatever other work software then gently caress it get the most expensive one you can and make the company eat the cost.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fake edit: ^^^^^^^^ lol i guess i should catch up on the thread cause efb :hmmyes:

laptop opinion - if Costco sells Chromebooks i've been quite happy with the one i purchased back before i saw the light and went to church. it's ~5.5 years old now and while it loads things a few seconds slower than right out of the box, it's a great "browsing the internet, streaming crap, emails" laptop.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I think it’s justification enough to enjoy using nice hardware that lasts for many years vs. the min spec for the task that’ll fall apart with normal use & choke on the very occasional resource-intensive task.

Also not sure foisting ChromeOS on your unsuspecting loved ones is a great idea, especially for a work use case.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

FormatAmerica posted:

I think it’s justification enough to enjoy using nice hardware that lasts for many years vs. the min spec for the task that’ll fall apart with normal use & choke on the very occasional resource-intensive task.

Also not sure foisting ChromeOS on your unsuspecting loved ones is a great idea, especially for a work use case.

Yeah foist iOS instead!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Renegret posted:

Sitting in the parking lot waiting for Costco to open!!!

Misread this as 'making GBS threads in the parking lot' and lol'd / wasn't even shocked or surprised based on my Costco's demographic

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Sitting at the dealer waiting for them to finish, church is across the street. Thinkin ‘bout that pizza

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I mentioned to my cashier once how aggro the parking lot got, and she said someone pulled a gun over a spot the week prior. People are crazy.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
Y'all should eat the pith on your oranges, it's good fiber.

supercow
Aug 11, 2009

Tetrabor posted:

Y'all should eat the pith on your oranges, it's good fiber.

Seriously this is the most absurd thing. Do you also take the crust off your white bread pb/j and not eat any of your pizza crust? Also now you have to wash (or at least carefully rinse) your knife and cutting board.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

supercow posted:

not eat any of your pizza crust?

Sometimes, yeah

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Sometimes, yeah

In the bin with you :colbert:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lets be clear that costco pizza is cheap and good but it is definitely not "good pizza"

its great for what it is.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

lets set the record straight:

first, get your wife the computer with the most RGB, done

second, oranges are good i chop them into slices and pretend im david beckham after a soccer game, hope this helps

third, i had the cheese pizza last night it was decent but i discarded the crust in the garbage

fourth, picked up a couple different kinds of frozen dimsum style dumplings eager to try them

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

david_a posted:

Practically the only Windows laptops worth buying are business class machines, which you won’t find in most stores.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-laptop-4/946627fb12t1?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

No the MS Surface Laptops are very nice. They're very much a Macbook Air clone, cost the same as well.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

lets set the record straight:

fourth, picked up a couple different kinds of frozen dimsum style dumplings eager to try them

We've had one of them, don't remember the brand. They were decent. Not as good as Trader Joe's soup dumplings.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

one is the "Bibigo Pork and Veggie Steamed Dumplings" and the other is "Royal Shrimp Har Gow"

i tried the "Bibigo Beef Bogogi Mandu" last time and I thought they were great

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

one is the "Bibigo Pork and Veggie Steamed Dumplings" and the other is "Royal Shrimp Har Gow"

i tried the "Bibigo Beef Bogogi Mandu" last time and I thought they were great

Yeah Bibigo pork and veggie are the ones we had. They absolutely need a good dipping sauce - I use soy sauce, black chinese vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the ones i got seem to include a dipping sauce, but im going to commit that sauce mix to memory cause sometimes they dont always come with one

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

the ones i got seem to include a dipping sauce, but im going to commit that sauce mix to memory cause sometimes they dont always come with one

I threw that in the TRASH.

Or maybe not, I honestly don't remember. I think we actually had both. We also always have Lao Gan Ma spicy chili crisp oil on hand. You can find it at any asian market.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 3, 2022

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Kaddish posted:

I threw that in the TRASH.

Or maybe not, I honestly don't remember. I think we actually had both. We also always have Lao Gan Ma spicy chili crisp oil on hand. You can find it at any asian market.
that poo poo rules, i need to go to the asian market this weekend to replenish all my sauces actually

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I love asian grocers. A whole isle of instant ramyun? Yes please! :D

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Chinatown posted:

I love asian grocers. A whole isle of instant ramyun? Yes please! :D

Costco needs to get Nongshim Shin Black Ramyun instead of just the red. :mad:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Kaddish posted:

Cosigned

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Yeah foist iOS instead!

I didn’t say anything about buying apple hardware :colbert:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Kaddish posted:

I liked the Nissin Raoh Tonkotsu Ramen packs but I haven't seen them in a long time. I don't really like the Tonkotsu bowls they sell now

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I liked the Nissin Raoh Tonkotsu Ramen packs but I haven't seen them in a long time. I don't really like the Tonkotsu bowls they sell now

They were at my local this week.

Shin black is the poo poo though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

They were at my local this week.

Figures. My closest warehouse is on the small side and they don't carry a lot of stuff I see at other local locations. Supposedly they're gonna replace/expand the warehouse but I dunno when thats gonna happen

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That is a thing they do on occasion. The one by my old house was an old one where the building was still attached to the rest of the strip mall it was in, and it was both smaller and impossible to fit a gas station around.

They built a new one a mile down the road to solve all of those problems at once.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

We got those and they're fine. Shin black and the Indomei mi goreng noodles are all we eat in the instant noodle world currently.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Lol, my last post may have been interpreted incorrectly due to my sentence structure. We do not only eat instant noodles.

We have a balanced diet of Costo foods.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

supercow posted:

Seriously this is the most absurd thing. Do you also take the crust off your white bread pb/j and not eat any of your pizza crust? Also now you have to wash (or at least carefully rinse) your knife and cutting board.

feel free to keep eating oranges in a subpar way to avoid doing the dishes. im going to keep eating them the way that's faster and makes them taste better

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The chicken cilantro wontons are great and also the lowest calorie option amongst frozen Costco dumplings

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I sprinkle my supremed oranges with Metamucil for the fiber and an added orange kick

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Soul Dentist posted:

The chicken cilantro wontons are great and also the lowest calorie option amongst frozen Costco dumplings

That and some Better Than Bouillon make a perfect no-work wonton soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Figures. My closest warehouse is on the small side and they don't carry a lot of stuff I see at other local locations. Supposedly they're gonna replace/expand the warehouse but I dunno when thats gonna happen

Yeah, I love that ramen - our warehouse doesn’t carry it anymore either but Walmart of all places does.