Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Arby's burger: Gotta agree with Bill Oakley, it's not bad, it's just...not special. Like everything else on offer at Arby's I thought the bun, toppings and sauce were great, but the meat itself lacked any distinct flavor (I did like the kind of chewy, dense texture, though.) It's a good effort for a place that doesn't actually have the kitchen capacity to cook burgers, that's what I can say for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
Arby's has the best chicken nuggets

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/twisted-metal-aew-joe-seanoa-1235037707/

Mitch got cast in the Twisted Metal show!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

quote:

Mitchell will portray Stu, Mike’s best friend, the Rosencrantz & Guildenstern of this world, and together often find themselves to be more followers than fighters.

I often say Mitchy has a Shakespearean air about him

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I’m confused though. Samoa Joe is playing Sweet Tooth and Sweet Tooth is also voiced by Will Arnett?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I often say Mitchy has a Shakespearean air about him
HAMLET: What a piece of work is man, H---
ROSENCRANTZ: Shut the gently caress up you piece of poo poo!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

0konner posted:

I’m confused though. Samoa Joe is playing Sweet Tooth and Sweet Tooth is also voiced by Will Arnett?

Joe is playing the role physically likely in a mask and prosthetics and Arnett voices him is what I assume.

Like how Sean Gunn does mocap on set for Rocket Raccoon but Bradley Cooper is the voice

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Mitchellcrantz & Wigenstern

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I just hope they make "People are gunna get mad at us!" Stu's catchphrase that he says every time he and Mike make a decision

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

0konner posted:

Darth Vader was played by David Prowse and voiced by James Earl Jones. Still confused?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Darth Vader was played by David Prowse and voiced by James Earl Jones. Still confused?

Kinda. I assumed Prowse was largely a nobody when he got the job I’ve only ever heard of him having a bit part in Clockwork Orange prior. I’m surprised Batista is in a gig where he’ll just be a meat puppet. It will probably look shittier than Vader. I never played Twisted Metal but that clown has a visible mouth they’ll have to animate.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

0konner posted:

Kinda. I assumed Prowse was largely a nobody when he got the job I’ve only ever heard of him having a bit part in Clockwork Orange prior. I’m surprised Batista is in a gig where he’ll just be a meat puppet. It will probably look shittier than Vader. I never played Twisted Metal but that clown has a visible mouth they’ll have to animate.

The legend is that Prowse actually acted out every one of Darth Vader's lines during filming, not realizing that he was going to be dubbed. Supposedly, there's a original print out there of Star Wars were Darth Vader has a muffled Scottish accent.

Edit: oh, poo poo, it's not a legend. I totally forgot I watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQFho0_G1VI

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

quote:

Mitchell will portray Stu, Mike’s best friend, the Rosencrantz & Guildenstern of this world, and together often find themselves to be more followers than fighters.

Vaughans will portray Mike, Stu’s best friend, the Rosencrantz & Guildenstern of this world, and together often find themselves to be more followers than fighters.

It's R&Gs all the way down

Encouraging to know Mitch is the hero of his own sidestory

Spoonman Gaiden

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Marsupial Ape posted:

The legend is that Prowse actually acted out every one of Darth Vader's lines during filming, not realizing that he was going to be dubbed. Supposedly, there's a original print out there of Star Wars were Darth Vader has a muffled Scottish accent.

Edit: oh, poo poo, it's not a legend. I totally forgot I watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQFho0_G1VI

Also the guy who played Chewbacca had lines. Which makes sense, really. So in one of these videos you hear a muffled cockney voice from Chewbacca’s head say something like “The old man’s off his bleedin’ rockah” and Harrison Ford replies “Boy you said it, Chewy”

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
Wiger with an all timer this week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tom Funk posted:

Wiger with an all timer this week.

I loved the whole story

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
How could a single tendy do that much damage

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
jesus christ the Celtics argument is just nonstop

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Mitch is taking the wrong approach to the Celtics argument. You just say “No it benefitted my team so it was a good call.” and not budge

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Dr.Radical posted:

Mitch is taking the wrong approach to the Celtics argument. You just say “No it benefitted my team so it was a good call.” and not budge

Mitch is taking the Mitch approach to any argument and being an aggrieved victim about literally anything.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mitch is obviously psychotic for being mad about Wiger not being collegial enough about the Celtics making the finals, but the magic of Doughboys is that Nick sustains the argument by pretending he was just sharing something that was curious and noteworthy instead of knowingly pushing Mitch's buttons. The interplay between big sensitive oaf and passive aggressive robot elevates it to art

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
destroyed my hole

turned me inside out

four forks

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This tweet came out too late for Nick. https://twitter.com/postmates/status/1534926284681121792?s=12

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

mennoknight posted:

destroyed my hole

turned me inside out

four forks

I once caught giardia and poo poo my self to the point of dehydration. Worst 72 hours of my life. I can't imagine dealing with that and have it scald my rectum.

RFX
Nov 23, 2007
Nick is a saint for having to deal with Mitch. I would have lost my mind working with someone like him several years ago.

MokBa posted:

The Doughscord is mostly like 15 of the gooniest people around, and that includes Nick and Mitch. I've only recently been active on it but it's a good little discord.

Doughscord rocks, I can't recommend it enough. Lots of overlap with former goons so it's a very similar culture. Just don't engage in debates in the movies channel, it's by far the most toxic.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

RFX posted:

Nick is a saint for having to deal with Mitch. I would have lost my mind working with someone like him several years ago.

Doughscord rocks, I can't recommend it enough. Lots of overlap with former goons so it's a very similar culture. Just don't engage in debates in the movies channel, it's by far the most toxic.

I've been a Patreon member forever. I should make use of it. I don't have a girlfriend, though, so I don't have anybody to log me into the chat for the first time.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

RFX posted:

FWIW I think Mitch does actually read the doughboys Reddit sometimes and

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

RFX posted:

While at present they seem to be getting along fine, I’d say Nick could also be rough to work with so long. If they got bored with the show would guess he’d leave first rather than ride it out.

It is interesting how when not paired together they’re unremarkable podcasters. Get Played is ok but doesn’t have the same chemistry, and Mitch’s solo appearances on other shows are fine but don’t have the same gleeful creativity.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i don't know of any other podcast that has a playfully antagonistic dynamic like theirs without it teetering into collapse and failure. can't really be replicated when they're apart. it's why i listen, i sure as poo poo don't care about their food opinions

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wiger’s appearances on Podcast: The Ride to discuss parking garages are must-listen eps

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

duomo posted:

Wiger’s appearances on Podcast: The Ride to discuss parking garages are must-listen eps

duomo posted:

parking garages

...of course.

"hey buddy wanna go on the ride again"

RFX
Nov 23, 2007
Years before I listened to Doughboys or even knew who Wiger was I would always talk about how impressive the Mickey & Friends parking lot is. I am also a normal human man.

On the latest episode, definitely had a yikes moment with Mitch's "Say what you will about Tom Cruise, I love him" take.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

RFX posted:

Years before I listened to Doughboys or even knew who Wiger was I would always talk about how impressive the Mickey & Friends parking lot is. I am also a normal human man.

On the latest episode, definitely had a yikes moment with Mitch's "Say what you will about Tom Cruise, I love him" take.

I parked in the Mickey & Friends lot recently and its ok but the lack of the tram is a shame because the walk to the park sucks, especially at the end of the day. The Toy Story lot is way better because there's a bus that takes you near the main gates. I expect a 3.5 hour episode on that lot on PTR soon.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Where my hug at?

RFX
Nov 23, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

I parked in the Mickey & Friends lot recently and its ok but the lack of the tram is a shame because the walk to the park sucks, especially at the end of the day. The Toy Story lot is way better because there's a bus that takes you near the main gates. I expect a 3.5 hour episode on that lot on PTR soon.

The tram is back! I took it yesterday.

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
Looking forward to Mitch's Celtic's finals fallout. he was out of bounds.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Boston sports fans can get hosed forever anyway.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mlmp08 posted:

Boston sports fans can get hosed forever anyway.

I love Mitchy but Boston sports deserves nothing but failure

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Nick should get the bike imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
also they should do the guest host thing but only with other podcasts, like let the Flagrant Ones do a week then the Action Boyz do a week then Threedom or w/e

e: trying to think of a chain that Rogers and Stanger would agree to eat garbage from