Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the only one i care about is the bizarre handshake deal for the Persona games, mainly because those are 100% games that would be great portably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the only one i care about is the bizarre handshake deal for the Persona games, mainly because those are 100% games that would be great portably

Altus will send out another survey asking if you want to see Persona 5 on switch … just for fun

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
SMTV is better anyway

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SMTV is ftw.....

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

SMTV is better anyway

I really hope SMTV comes out on a next-gen console or PC eventually. The Switch version performs horribly, near unplayable levels of bad in some parts. I've finished the game on Switch, but it was a huge slog, and would love to play it again in 60fps.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i no longer need nioh on Xbox. i require it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

think I give a gently caress?!!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

pc gamers who care about downloaders are certified freaks

Is the one thing more irritating than console wars.

I mean Xbox Stays winning

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

pc gamers who care about downloaders are certified freaks

This 100%. Have gamers achieved a Roman emperor level of decadence where opening an account to get free stuff is too much trouble?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Have gamers achieved a Roman emperor level of decadence where opening an account to get free stuff is too much trouble?

they are just simply Doo Doo brains OP

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lammasu posted:

This 100%. Have gamers achieved a Roman emperor level of decadence where opening an account to get free stuff is too much trouble?

yes

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Snacksmaniac posted:

It’s 15 at Best Buy today

-$10 best buy rewards = $5 to play stranger things. NICE. Thanks.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's this. People want Steam to be a retail monopoly for PC games because they're heavily invested in profile flair and achievements and other stupid poo poo, and have a bunch of post-hoc rationalizations for it like "exclusivity is bad". I once saw someone say that they refuse to use the Epic store because Tencent is an investor, which lmao. Good loving luck avoiding Tencent.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i need more game installer clients to go with all of my browser toolbars

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Epic has given me over a hundred free games at this point, sure most of which I'll never even download let alone play but I salute them.

I just wish they would add more features (and also stop trying to push borderlands and fortnite crap on me)

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

check this out, i put trash on my computer and they gave me free trash that i don't even want!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

butt dickus posted:

check this out, i put trash on my computer

we just call it posting here

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

acksplode posted:

It's this. People want Steam to be a retail monopoly for PC games because they're heavily invested in profile flair and achievements and other stupid poo poo, and have a bunch of post-hoc rationalizations for it like "exclusivity is bad". I once saw someone say that they refuse to use the Epic store because Tencent is an investor, which lmao. Good loving luck avoiding Tencent.

my favorite move is making people tell me why tencent is bad and mysteriously I never get anything specific

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

butt dickus posted:

check this out, i put trash on my computer and they gave me free trash that i don't even want!

I don't even bother getting the trash games! It's actually a pretty solid collection and I've played stuff like Control, a couple of the new Tomb raiders, hyper light drifter, into the breach, metro last light redux, and uh, Slime Rancher (it actually owns) for freeee even before I got into game pass.

Surprisingly high hit rate of good stuff on the epic freebies tbh.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

in tyool 2022 you should avoid epic because tencent isn't the only investor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

couldn’t care less, the games are free

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i don’t play games on the computer, computers for work

e: nvm I play solitaire

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

butt dickus posted:

is anyone giving you anything for the trash you put on our computers

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lammasu posted:

Someone in the free pc games thread was bitching unironically that giving their email address to Humble or whatever meant the games were no longer free

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

is anyone giving you anything for the trash you put on our computers
tencent has a 27% stake in my posts

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Epic gave me the Ghostbusters game, which I had nearly bought prior. Didn't really care for it. They also gave me Stubbs, which I did care for. Epic is pretty cool.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Does that Stubbs remake have all those covers from alt rock bands? I feel like the dandy warhols covered some 50s pop standard.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Red Faction Guerilla remastered is on sale right now and it is still good. It's from the last era of open world games that prioritized fun over dog companions, in game currency, and long winding crap plots. The Farcry 3 JC2 era. No open world has matched the environmental destruction it provides still and the destruction sandbox is still real fun despite kinda moronic AI.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Blue Raider posted:

Does that Stubbs remake have all those covers from alt rock bands? I feel like the dandy warhols covered some 50s pop standard.

Nope. Replaced with generic music.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Red Faction Guerilla remastered is on sale right now and it is still good. It's from the last era of open world games that prioritized fun over dog companions, in game currency, and long winding crap plots. The Farcry 3 JC2 era. No open world has matched the environmental destruction it provides still and the destruction sandbox is still real fun despite kinda moronic AI.

Sledgehammering thru buildings ruled in that. I wish more games had destruction like that.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Disposable Scud posted:

Nope. Replaced with generic music.

BOOOOOO

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

While I liked the game itself, the port itself is incredibly low effort. It doesn't even look better than the OG PC version.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seltzer posted:

Armageddon is shockingly good too even if it reverts from the open world back to a corridor shooter like the first two games (sadly without the ability to tunnel through walls, though, which is what made the first two amazing)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

drat the covers were like 80% of the reason to play Stubbs

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Seltzer posted:

Red Faction Guerilla remastered is on sale right now and it is still good. It's from the last era of open world games that prioritized fun over dog companions, in game currency, and long winding crap plots.

I only played it recently on Switch and think it’s good. The plot is surprisingly somewhat left wing (as far as you’d expect a game to be able to go) and I find that to be a nice bonus.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Doing a poop and thinking it's high time for a Painkiller reboot

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You should see a doctor

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Blue Raider posted:

drat the covers were like 80% of the reason to play Stubbs
I never actually played that game, but yeah, its soundtrack was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0M8olOhvlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Laserface posted:

Doing a poop and thinking it's high time for a Painkiller reboot
Was announced almost exactly a year ago with a logo, a developer (Saber Interactive) and little else. No news since, and I think a lot of Saber's development resources are in Russia so it might have hit some snags...