Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
The sewn in long-sleeves under the t-shirt made me wince so hard.

But man, it's really kicking off. Feel like things are going to change out of the status quo here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hayasaka’s bewilderment at Kaguya finally realizing the truth was excellent

They’re really saving the budget because they mixed in some manga panels instead of animating

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
It kind of feels like more a style choice over budget to me, reminds me a lot of stuff that Monogatari would do.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Large parts of the earlier Monogatari style was because they didn't have a large budget.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Carlosologist posted:

Hayasaka’s bewilderment at Kaguya finally realizing the truth was excellent

They’re really saving the budget because they mixed in some manga panels instead of animating

I don't mind stylistic cost-cutting measures at all, especially since they've proven that they really know when to go all out with the budget.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I didn't mind it at all, I found it pretty effective. If that's them saving production resources (and I think it is), then more than anything else it just makes me hype for whatever they're allocating those resources towards instead.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 28, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Normally I'd just say that kind of thing is just stylistic, but when you have so many in one episode it's pretty noticeable.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 28, 2022

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah it's pretty clear they're saving the budget for something bombastic and, given what's being foreshadowed to happen at the culture festival, I can't say I'm surprised.

Miyuki continuing to just be the biggest dork on the planet rules, his "cool" outfit was loving perfect and Kei is a mosnter for robbing us of it.

Kaguya unambiguously admitting to Hayasaka she likes Miyuki feels like a legit tipping point and has me hopeful something big is on the horizon.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Sydin posted:

Miyuki continuing to just be the biggest dork on the planet rules, his "cool" outfit was loving perfect and Kei is a mosnter for robbing us of it.

I love all the indicators that outside of his "pres" persona Miyuki is often a kind of trashy dude.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I love all the indicators that outside of his "pres" persona Miyuki is often a kind of trashy dude.

Miyuki is just a giant dork on the inside whose sense of taste and style got trapped in middle school

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Also working hard at his various gigs and part time jobs and saving money so he often doesn't have money to spare for himself. :(

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

That outfit didn't feel too far away from something in The Bouncer, so on that level I approve. Just needs a giant choker

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I had a bunch of those long-sleeves-sewn-into-t-shirt shirts back in the day, and I felt personally called out by that scene.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I can't wait for the dub narrator montage once the season wraps.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

I had a bunch of those long-sleeves-sewn-into-t-shirt shirts back in the day, and I felt personally called out by that scene.

This will be me if they call out enormous tacky logo t shirts a la express, a+f or american eagle. Middle school was not a good time sartorially...

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

Yeah I feel I might have owned that exact shirt circa 2005.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Great set up. I'm honestly going to be mad if nothing comes out of this arc. >_>

Also, of course if there is one thing I think about when it comes to Japanese high school romcoms, it's Shawshank Redemption. :stare:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mad Boy
💀

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

There Bias Two posted:

I don't mind stylistic cost-cutting measures at all, especially since they've proven that they really know when to go all out with the budget.

Yeah I called out the show a few episodes ago, but they're definitely doing clear cost savings in order to do insane stuff with the festival proper.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh man an all-school Festival, those are even more important than Sports Days.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm glad things seem to be moving forward! I love me some Love is War antics, but now I just want them to be together.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

What are they gonna rename the show to when one of them confesses?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Well war never changes so

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also its been called "Ultra Romantic" for eight episodes now.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Also its been called "Ultra Romantic" for eight episodes now.

Isn't it currently called Kaguya Sama - Love is War -Ultra Romantic-

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Tell me you've never been married without telling me you've never been married.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So wait all those shoulder bags I've been seeing are supposed to be worn around the waist?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Electric Phantasm posted:

So wait all those shoulder bags I've been seeing are supposed to be worn around the waist?

depending on the style, yes. fanny packs are normally worn at the waist. the current trend of cross body bags is probably from cyclists who wear messenger bags cinched tight, you shrink that down and there isn't really any difference from a fanny pack, so now they market fanny packs as cross body bags.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

People started wearing fannypacks as cross body bags in like 2017 because it looks cool

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

fairlight posted:

People started wearing fannypacks as cross body bags in like 2017 because it looks cool

They're right, fanny packs look so bad across the waist. It's incredible all we had to do to make them look cool was raise one side up around the shoulder.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

NowonSA posted:

Yeah I called out the show a few episodes ago, but they're definitely doing clear cost savings in order to do insane stuff with the festival proper.

I think the brilliance of this show's production team is that they know how to do cost savings correctly; I've never found it to be a jarring experience going from scene-to-scene unlike other shows. I thought it was impressive they did a high-quality Shawshank Redemption reference for Ishigami last episode, just to nail that scene, when they could of scrimped instead.

Jomo fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 31, 2022

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The ramen kings are BACK and continue to be the funniest recurring side gag of the entire series. :allears:

also lmao the culture festival booked Daft Punk.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Maki continues to be the best

Also the Ramen Kings subtly confirmed a possible season 4 so that owns

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Carlosologist posted:

Also the Ramen Kings subtly confirmed a possible season 4 so that owns

once the confession happens, the rest of the cast becomes unnecessary. season 4 is going to just be about the ramen kings

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mod edit: spoilered manga spoilers

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Carlosologist posted:

:hmmyes:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the swing from charming and confident to complete and utter mess is so drat funny every time

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Sydin posted:

also lmao the culture festival booked Daft Punk.

Excuse me? That's clearly Kraftwunk

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

SexyBlindfold posted:

yeah the song was definitely supposed to be das model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQIYEPe6DWY

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

the swing from charming and confident to complete and utter mess is so drat funny every time

Maki truly is the best :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

SexyBlindfold posted:

Stink Billyums posted:

yeah the song was definitely supposed to be das model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQIYEPe6DWY

lmao gently caress that's even funnier