Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

"Life begins at conception, that's science."

Really? I don't think there's any scientific classification for what counts as an individual life. And, if there were, what the heck does that have to with morals?

The only universal definitions of life don't talk in terms of individuals, they talk in terms of systems. We are living systems, and we are composed of trillions of other living systems which live and die on their own, and humanity as a whole makes up another system of life.

Everything involved in the process of conception is life, but so is every other cell in your body, and we don't say that it is mass murder to stub your toe. Those cells are human, just as an embryo is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Warning: The following cartoon is extremely Ted Rall.

Rall: Women Need the Right to Murder Unborn Babies

First Dog on the Moon: SEVENTY YEARS THE QUEEN! Is it because she has not had to work a single day in her life?

Does Rall also think that seeds are trees, that stars are black holes or supernovas? Like, does he not understand the concept of things changing into other things, or is he just trolling? If you consider a fertilized egg to be "life" equal to a human then you're personally guilty of mass murder of unfathomable levels every time you disinfect a surface. Equally if you consider that egg human, then humans don't actually exist, we're all corpses, or dirt, because that's what we'll one day become. None of us are human, face to bloodshed.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I mean, yeah an embryo might be human in that it's genetically a member of Homo sapiens, but if it lacks vital organs and a brain, it can't really be said to be a person. It is, at best, a potential person, as a seed is a potential tree.

And the value of that potential is going to be different for everyone, but at the end of the day, you really can't put the rights of a potential person over that of a living, breathing, thinking actual person who has to turn their body over to growing it for nine months.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

We've tried murdering black men! We've tried letting children be slaughtered! WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Each sperm and egg has the potential to be a person. The act of conceiving a child kills far more potential humans than it creates. Or does it only count once a sperm and an egg get together? We also need a uterus or it doesn't become a person. Is the uterus a part of the baby? Also we need the person bearing the child to, like, eat food to sustain the development of the fetus. And that person needs systems of support to be able to access the food. Is society the baby?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Hmmm, yes, if only there was some options between "Murdering an unarmed, restrained man" and "doing literally nothing".

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

The idea that cops can choose who they target is a pipe dream. There's only one dial and it's violence. AGC.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tina Garrison posted:

IF SOMEONE IS TRYING TO DISARM YOU, THAT MEANS THEY CONSIDER YOU AN ENEMY.

If someone takes your weapon, you can’t fight back.

The illegitimate Resident, Joe Biden, took to his green-screened White House podium and called for drastic gun control to be passed by Congress. Earlier Biden claimed the second amendment was “not absolute.” Both the constitution and the second amendment ARE absolute, while the Biden regime is not.

The United States of America has had the Second Amendment for 243 years. We are not about to let some illegitimate demented puppet and his communist handlers remove it. Any attempt to destroy the Second Amendment is unconstitutional and would be challenged in court. They would not even get that far. If for some reason the court did not challenge it, millions of gun owners would.

Why are we suddenly seeing a mass shooting nearly every week? Maybe because the midterms are approaching quickly and the communist Democrats know they are running out of time to disarm American citizens. They know they will be wiped out in November and they’d like to cheat again, but it’s harder for them to cheat when everyone knows they’re cheating and watching them like a hawk.

We should not call it “gun control.” We need to call it what it is, the disarmament of citizens. This is nothing new as tyrannical governments have seized the peoples guns before, and it never works out well for the people.

Mass murderers through out history have relied on “gun control” and weapon seizure from so called “enemies of the state.” It’s not that they hate guns—they simply want all of them in the hands of the state. If one thinks about it in those terms, Biden’s classification of regular Americans as”domestic terrorists” makes more sense.

Stalin killed between 20 to 60 million people and starved millions of people in Ukraine. You can be sure these folks did not have weapons to defend themselves when Stalin’s armed operatives showed up at their farms to remove every last morsel of food.

China’s Chairman Mao coined the phrase, “Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun,” and he was the one holding the gun—not the Chinese peasants.

Fidel Castro, Justin Trudeau’s pop, knew all about gun control. Castro flexed his totalitarian muscles by asking why the people of Cuba even needed guns:

“Guns, for what? To fight against whom? Against the Revolutionary government that has the support of the people?”

The next day gun confiscation went into effect.

Castro said the same thing about voting. “Voting? What for?”

“Castrudeau” has introduced legislation to ban the sale of all hand guns in Canada. You think he will stop with handguns? I highly doubt it. Does Canada need a Second Amendment? Would such an amendment even stop Trudeau? Doubtful.

Why are Biden and Trudeau rushing to take guns from citizens? They’re doing it because they both know the globalists are running out of time. The WEF demands the Great Reset and they are tired of waiting around for you to die and get off THEIR planet. At the very least, they want us eating bugs and living in pods with zero privacy. They are rushing their plans and in doing so they are revealing what they really intend to do.

Our Founding Fathers knew we would be facing a corrupt and tyrannical government in the future. That’s why they made sure we had the Second Amendment. It’s not just about hunting. Its main purpose is to allow us to protect ourselves from degenerate Marxist tyrants who currently reside in the White House and Congress.

Any congressional swamp creature that votes for gun control and the removal of the Second Amendment should be considered a traitor and an enemy of We The People.

Molon Labe!
Soooooo much to take away from this.

So she thinks the courts would challenge State Conventions voting to repeal the 2nd Amendment? Or that violent action is okay when it’s protecting…guns. drat, wild.

Or maybe bringing up the Holodomor in a gun control rant, evoking imagery of Stalin gunning down millions single-handedly like a Georgian Terminator.

Then we have this weird insistence on this Trudeau-Castro lineage conspiracy. The soul of Dees has just about completed its possession of Ben.

We could go on, with again not-so-subtle false flag claims about the shootings, laying down the excuse for when Republicans win in November despite Democrats supposedly being all-powerful cheat machines. It’s a real gift of a Friday post :allears:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is there a reason Biden is drooling or is it another 'man old'?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Cuba allows gun ownership and has for ages. That quote is about disarming specific militias post revolution. It's fine to consider that action bad but it had nothing to do with national gun control, just taking guns from a specific group. Then again I guess to Ben a ban on automatic weapons and restrictions on pistols is the peak of tyranny.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I kind of have to wonder if this kind of petulant "you won't let us indiscriminately murder black people, i guess we'll just stop protecting people" thought going through the cops' heads when they decided to sit on their asses and let 20 kids get slaughtered.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

DalaranJ posted:

Just beneath the panel the man on the left is receiving a blow job while he says this.

Naturally. What do you think the beer is resting on in the first panel?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Terrible Opinions posted:

Cuba allows gun ownership and has for ages. That quote is about disarming specific militias post revolution. It's fine to consider that action bad but it had nothing to do with national gun control, just taking guns from a specific group. Then again I guess to Ben a ban on automatic weapons and restrictions on pistols is the peak of tyranny.

It is, you see, because it effects him.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The false equivalence of "We can either murder unarmed black men or we can let children be murdered" wouldn't piss me off nearly as much if, you know, both things weren't happening at the same time. It would be objectively better than what's happening right now, so yeah, somebody just do something.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

As a Canadian, Garrison's recent hyperfixation on Trudeau is hilarious. I don't think about him that often.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That'll be because of his mind control beacons.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pants Donkey posted:

Then we have this weird insistence on this Trudeau-Castro lineage conspiracy. The soul of Dees has just about completed its possession of Ben.

When Garrison first brought this up, he was like "I don't know if Castro really is Trudeau's father, but it's possible and saying it makes libs mad, so I'm going to assert it as true to make them madder." It is anyone's guess whether he's actually doing that, or if he genuinely believes it and just said that as an excuse.

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's the same deal with Hitler's laws about taking guns, which were aimed specifically at Jewish people and not normal German citizens (for whom gun rights were actually expanded). Again, while Garrison would take that as evidence of "Taking guns is the first step towards government murder camps!" it isn't the same as national gun control.

Speaking of which it's surprising Garrison didn't also draw Hitler in there. Guess maybe he thinks Hitler is a powerful symbol, you don't want to overuse him.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Garrison is probably well aware that many of his followers like Hitler and thus uses him as the bad guy only when a 'leftists are the real Nazis!' is called for.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

Each sperm and egg has the potential to be a person. The act of conceiving a child kills far more potential humans than it creates. Or does it only count once a sperm and an egg get together?
Even if you start counting from conception most blastocysts don't implant and just get ejected from the body, which you'd think more anti-abortion fundamentalists would be concerned about because that's like many guaranteed multiple 'deaths' per human ever born anywhere, ever, which makes all their fixation on the relatively tiny number that is abortion look like a bad excuse to be huge shitheads.
Which it is.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

The best way to reduce the number of dead humans is to simply stop making new ones.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is not some mythical sweet spot. Cops are trained (or at least they're supposed to be). They are given more privileges, more impunity than most, they play daily with life and death, and thus must be held to a much, much higher standard than most.
Don't kill unarmed suspects already in custody, do protect children being actively murdered by a killer. It's not a loving vague, narrow margin you easily blow past, not an inscrutable alchemical recipe. Bok going "wow how are they supposed to know what the right amount of violence is?" may be the worst cop defense I've ever seen. I'm actually so loving mad.

Imagine applying this to other jobs. A frustrated chef serving a raw potato because "I tried adding no salt and you didn't like that, then I tried emptying an entire shaker of salt and you didn't like that either!!" When will this nation's attacks on chefs end??

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Dr. Stab posted:

The best way to reduce the number of dead humans is to simply stop making new ones.

Thanks to the law of averages, all you need is one massive culling followed by a long enough period of no deaths! Start by culling, eh, let's say 8 billion humans in 1 second. Sure, it sounds horrible, but here's the beautiful part. You wait an extra second and bam, now it's just 4 billion dead per second. Wait a couple more and it's just 2 billion per second. Why, you go a year without any further human casualties and that's only 254 people dying a second. A hundred years and it's 2, maybe 3 people dead per second.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Australia's gas crisis is worse than you might think. Industries warn thousands could lose their jobs and consumers will pay more (ABC). Energy minister Chris Bowen accused the previous government of leaving them a "gas lit bin fire" while opposition leader Peter Dutton said "the public will get sick of this line coming out of the government the last government is to blame for everything".

Knight:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Chris Bowen.

Dyson:

Davidson:

Former treasurer Josh Frydenberg and new treasurer Jim Chalmers.

Moir:

Opposition leader Peter Dutton and former Nationals leader Barnaby Joyce.

Broelman:

Leunig:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

oobey posted:

I wonder how many people hold similar beliefs, but know it’s basically tacky to voice those opinions. Because this is pretty close to my views on the matter. Which is that, yeah, OBVIOUSLY abortion is murder, but it’s not like state-sanctioned killings of undesirables is some foreign concept. As a society, we decide all the time to extinguish human lives for all sorts of reasons - people who can’t afford necessities or health care, criminals who have committed certain crimes (treason…), enemy combatants on battlefields, unwanted fetuses, etc - and abortion itself brings with it all sorts of issues around bodily autonomy, health care, or dealing with the mess left by rape.

It would be completely immoral to deprive women of such a fundamental human right. It’s also absolutely killing a human being, 100%. But we do that ALL THE TIME as a society!

I have yet to meet anyone who is anti-war, anti-death penalty, AND anti-abortion.

Nah man, it's a clump of cells. Don't be weird about this. Humans have brains and can survive outside of the body of another person without needing to parasitically suck nutrients of a host.

This line of thinking would mean that everyone who ejaculates or menstruates is a murder.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It's not sad when people die because they have human DNA it's sad because they have people who care about them and they have an internal world that the universe will never replicate and the agency to go out and influence their environment and interact and enrich the existence of others

Fetuses aren't conscious, have no experiences, and only have the potential to become a person, in almost exactly the same way that any pair of sperm and eggs have potential. The idea of equating an abortion to the murder of a person is asinine and makes you a gigantic rear end in a top hat and is not an opinion worth respecting

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

On Rall’s birthday I will give him a plate full of batter and tell him to eat his cake.

My metaphor will be ruined when Rall fails to understand it, as no one has ever made him a cake for his birthday.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Le Monde

by Joep Bertrams from the Netherlands

On the European embargo of Russian gas.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

What recent Rall cartoons do you feel were exceptionally notable?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Trapezium Dave posted:

Energy minister Chris Bowen accused the previous government of leaving them a "gas lit bin fire" while opposition leader Peter Dutton said "the public will get sick of this line coming out of the government the last government is to blame for everything".

my scorching hot take here, i'm tired of governments pointing the finger at the last guy too but i feel like two weeks after the election is a reasonable time frame to have not yet turned around everything in a country

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Angepain posted:

my scorching hot take here, i'm tired of governments pointing the finger at the last guy too but i feel like two weeks after the election is a reasonable time frame to have not yet turned around everything in a country

It's also a massive :ironicat: because the government that was in power for the last nine years spent an inordinate amount of time blaming the opposition (that had successfully managed the 2008 GFC better than everywhere else in the world outside of china)

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Any day now...

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Limousines are the perfect metaphor for student loans.

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

In the Dark: Biden has taken a robust Trump economy and almost completely turned it off.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

FYI, my old Any Day Now tumblr, which was made to collect the years of Iran Nuke cartoons, turns nine years old in a couple months.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

FYI, my old Any Day Now tumblr, which was made to collect the years of Iran Nuke cartoons, turns nine years old in a couple months.

I'm sure nukes will be found by then, surely.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Having to add that text must have been a big oof

Like as much as I disagree with the message of "voting will fix the problem of stochastic terrorism" you can't even get a party to agree that maybe Americans can't be trusted with unfettered access to mass murder weapons, despite the proven fact that they keep using them to kill children

So Rogers has to specify "make sure the Dems you vote for actually want this to stop"

Somfin fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jun 4, 2022

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Queen’s platinum jubilee – The national anthem and the Sex Pistols hit share more than just a title: they both see the Queen as a symbol of the British state" Also Boris Johnson booed as he arrives at St Paul’s for platinum jubilee event King Lear link

Telegraph:

Europe scrambles to release grain trapped in Ukraine as food crisis looms

Independent:

£28m of taxpayers’ money set aside for four-day Platinum Jubilee event - are you celebrating? After Emanuel Leutze.

The i paper:

Times:

Platinum Jubilee: You’re still in the saddle, archbishop tells absent Queen

Stephen Collins:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Xander77 posted:

What recent Rall cartoons do you feel were exceptionally notable?
Nothing beyond the Ukraine stuff? Either the thread is adapting to filter him out, or he's got nothing exceptionally vile going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
There was this one recently which was the most directly transphobic I think I've seen him be so far

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Party of Choice