Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonna write a letter to HBO explaining that they're supposed to renew the good shows and cancel the bad ones, since clearly they've hosed up somewhere along the way and gotten their wires crossed on this :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Crimson posted:

Plenty of shows have been picked up by other platforms, nothing is impossible. Just need Bezos to continue being a huge sci-fi nerd with more money than sense. Gonna keep tweeting at him until Sol speaks further directions to me.

Bezos got new seasons of The Expanse but not enough to actually finish the story from the books :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PlushCow posted:

Bezos got new seasons of The Expanse but not enough to actually finish the story from the books :negative:

We are getting a movie instead, and a video game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I said come in! posted:

We are getting a movie instead, and a video game.

I haven't kept up with the Expanse thread since the show ended, is the movie confirmed or just :speculate:?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
here are some snakes, more expensive than i would like but sometimes needs must.

https://reptmart.com/snakes-1/milk-snakes-for-sale/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't kept up with the Expanse thread since the show ended, is the movie confirmed or just :speculate:?

Hmmm, Googling it I think it might just be speculation after all. I swore that was confirmed.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

*shakes fist at the sky* Sol has forsaken us! noooooooo!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Hmmm, Googling it I think it might just be speculation after all. I swore that was confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagkBedzwI8

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I will never watch a series again.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Oh boy a bunch of new posts it must have been rene.. Oh. :smith:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kepler-22b got shouted out on this week’s Star Trek Strange New Worlds.

There was mention of an uprising.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
cant decide if i want to turn into a tree or a barnacle boy in protest

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
This sucks, I don't know why I still bother trying to watch scripted television. Maybe I'll get a lobotomy so I can finally enjoy all those singing shows.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

cant decide if i want to turn into a tree or a barnacle boy in protest

You could always float upside down and bleed all over unsuspecting people.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

This does not bode well for my dreams of Ridley Scott's Prometheus (A Ridley Scott Joint) the series.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

CODChimera posted:

just tell me what i have to do

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If the kids age out before they can trick a billionaire into paying for season 3, just have season 3 open with Father pulling Mother out of the full body condom and sadly letting her know that all the kids turned into Acid Mermaids..... but thankfully they still have Campion Bee.

Not Campion B.

Campion but he's a space-bee.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

If the kids age out before they can trick a billionaire into paying for season 3, just have season 3 open with Father pulling Mother out of the full body condom and sadly letting her know that all the kids turned into Acid Mermaids..... but thankfully they still have Campion Bee.

Not Campion B.

Campion but he's a space-bee.

The buzz for season 3 will be huge.

DrThief
Jan 6, 2001

The whole season probably cost as much as 1 or 2 episodes from their new Games of Thrones show. So of course they decided to cancel the interesting and original show, and spend more money giving people more of pretend medieval political backstabbing with some tits and dragons.

Is there anyone actually interested in that show? I feel like its time in pop culture has come and gone but the HBO executives still seem to think we're in the mid 2010's when GoT was all the rage.

I'll be sticking my arm in every dangerous hole i find, and hopefully Sol will answer my prayers.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

DrThief posted:

The whole season probably cost as much as 1 or 2 episodes from their new Games of Thrones show. So of course they decided to cancel the interesting and original show, and spend more money giving people more of pretend medieval political backstabbing with some tits and dragons.

Is there anyone actually interested in that show? I feel like its time in pop culture has come and gone but the HBO executives still seem to think we're in the mid 2010's when GoT was all the rage.

I'll be sticking my arm in every dangerous hole i find, and hopefully Sol will answer my prayers.

Yeah, also there is a huge anti-milk and anti-snake lobby in this country and it's rearing its ugly head again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

The buzz for season 3 will be huge.

:hmmyes:

Somebody please save this show :smith:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I knew this was coming, but it still loving stings.

We wanted the milk, but we got snekked.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

We wanted the milk, but we got snekked.

HBO has cauterized your milk ducts.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
This is the last straw, I'm joining the Atheists!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

people on reddit are doing things

https://old.reddit.com/r/raisedbywolves/comments/v4msb0/how_to_ensure_the_everlasting_survival_of_raised/

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

https://renewraisedbywolves.org/

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Father didn't deserve this.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DrThief posted:

There is no way that show doesn't tank super loving hard. They've spent too much time and money to the point where they need it to succeed and everyone must know it won't so... Gotta trim the fat or CEOs can't get their bonuses

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I told my partner about the cancellation and she just said "what? No!! But Marcus is upside down now!"

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Yeah now Marcus is going be upside down on the beach forever :(

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Man, so many posts...

RIP to a real one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

on the bright side this did remind me/inspire me to cancel HBO max so that's $15 a month I'm saving

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

theflyingexecutive posted:

I told my partner about the cancellation and she just said "what? No!! But Marcus is upside down now!"
It does kinda suck that the first season had more of a definitive ending than this one. The season 2 finale just kinda felt like another mid-season episode.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

on the bright side this did remind me/inspire me to cancel HBO max so that's $15 a month I'm saving

It's still the best of the major streaming services rn in terms of quality new content even despite this loss, tbh

Barry, Gentleman Jack, The Baby and The Staircase ongoing
We Own This City, Hacks, Close Enough, The Flight Attendant and Made For Love just ended
Irma Vep premieres Monday
Harley Quinn returns soon
Peacemaker and Jellystone! got renewed

If I had Netflix I'd definitely cancel it before I even considered doing it to HBO Max. Sucks that this is one less reason to keep it, but there's still a lot of reasons for me to stay

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Hope they start working on that deadwood + carnival + raised by wolves crossover now.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I have absolutely zero hope of this surviving. It's a very expensive sci-fi show nobody watched and it's not even a prestige format you can hope to get awards for. I just want them to reveal the plot at some point. Wanna know what's up with Kepler, Sol and the neanderthals.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jerusalem posted:

Gonna write a letter to HBO explaining that they're supposed to renew the good shows and cancel the bad ones, since clearly they've hosed up somewhere along the way and gotten their wires crossed on this :mad:

But they renewed Our Flag Means Death. The exception that proves the rule?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

iv46vi posted:

Hope they start working on that deadwood + carnival + raised by wolves crossover now.
Deadwood at least got a movie that absolutely finished the show and capped it off wonderfully.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
A shame that Powers Boothe had died before they were able to make the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i'm still upset at john from cincinatti only getting one season

we never really got to explore david milch does surfing but also maybe jesus