Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think that Xbox putting Tiny Tina's Wonderlands in the "LGBT" section of their store can legally be considered a hate crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
If Sabre is making it it will probably be the best Painkiller since the original. They really turned themselves around the past few years.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think that Xbox putting Tiny Tina's Wonderlands in the "LGBT" section of their store can legally be considered a hate crime

God the so called humor in those games is just insufferable.

I will admit to co-opting the “catch a riiii-iide” phrase on occasion though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i like that hollow knight is in that section for some reason. i mean i am a massive homno and i love hollow knight so i guess it qualifies

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I just realized Spelunky is BC but even though it's on the Xbox store it says it's unavailable to buy? Fond memories of that game and the sequel doesn't look very good (and from what comments I've seen people tend to agree?) so I'd like to pick it up but I'm not sure how since it's an XBLA game and BC but not for sale for... reasons?

I did a quick Google search and someone said you can't buy it from the Xbox store but if you buy it online via the Microsoft store it works? I'm looking at it right now on the marketplace.xbox.com site and it is indeed for sale and has a price, does anyone know if this will work for certain?

Also saw comments that since it's the old 360 XBLA version apparently it's missing stuff from more recent releases like the PS4 version but I prefer playing on Xbox, but if the differences are big enough I can grab it for PS5 instead I guess, but Xbox is definitely preferred.

Was considering getting my first Yakuza game as well (kinda, my memories of the PS2 ones are long gone) and Yakuza 6 is cheap and looks great (plus it has Takeshi Kitano) and Yakuza Like a Dragon is also on sale (the Hero edition is heavily discount, anyways). Any recommendations on which one to grab?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

SUNKOS posted:

Was considering getting my first Yakuza game as well (kinda, my memories of the PS2 ones are long gone) and Yakuza 6 is cheap and looks great (plus it has Takeshi Kitano) and Yakuza Like a Dragon is also on sale (the Hero edition is heavily discount, anyways). Any recommendations on which one to grab?

Always start at Yakuza 0.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Larry Parrish posted:

Armageddon is shockingly good too even if it reverts from the open world back to a corridor shooter like the first two games (sadly without the ability to tunnel through walls, though, which is what made the first two amazing)

The ability to turn enemies into magnets and have entire buildings just throw themselves at a target never stops being fun. It's not as good as Guerilla, but it doesn't deserve the "series killer" reputation it has.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The ability to turn enemies into magnets and have entire buildings just throw themselves at a target never stops being fun. It's not as good as Guerilla, but it doesn't deserve the "series killer" reputation it has.

Yeah it's probably the worst game in the series but it's still a 7/10. Bit of a dark souls 2 situation

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah, start with 0. 6 is the end of the Kiryu games and 7 just has a bunch of spoilers for the series overall, despite being a new protagonist.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

SUNKOS posted:

There’s a separate yakuza thread where folks go over it in more detail and I guess Yakuza 0 or release order is how everyone would advise it.

Having said that I only played Like A Dragon and I know it’s different from other games but I’ll wholeheartedly recommend it. RPGs are more my thing so I really enjoyed it. So much extra stuff to do in “open” world

kaaj fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 4, 2022

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

kaaj posted:

There’s a separate yakuza thread where folks go over it in more detail and I guess Yakuza 0 or release order is how everyone would advise it.

Having said that I only played Like A Dragon and I know it’s different from other games but I’ll wholeheartedly recommend it. RPGs are more my thing so I really enjoyed it. So much extra stuff to do in “open” world

I started at 0 and plotwise I can't imagine playing 1 first. Everything would be so less interesting and impactful without knowing the characters from 0.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Spent some time being an internet genius with the new steam deck to get local remote play from the series x. Its mostly there, streams great and feels a lot better than controller + phone gimmicks, but afaik theres no functional xbox button yet so thats a bit of a pain but hopefully a more native approach will come

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I've been able to pick up a refurbished XSX from the German Microsoft store recently, and so far I've noticed it's really fast. I used to turn on my XB1, turn around, walk to the couch, sit down, and wait for the account select screen to appear. With new hotness, the account select screen appears almost immediately after i turn it on!

Don't have any XSX-enhanced games yet. So far I've played Undertale, Borderlands 2 and Unravel 2. I was a bit disappointed in BL since every gun feels as impactful as wet cardboard, but the art style is very cool.

Also tried remote play for the first time and it works very smooth. That's pretty neat.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Laserface posted:

Doing a poop and thinking it's high time for a Painkiller reboot

I was thinking earlier how much I would like a Timesplitters reboot and a return to 4 player splitscreen deathmatch games.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I've been able to pick up a refurbished XSX from the German Microsoft store recently, and so far I've noticed it's really fast. I used to turn on my XB1, turn around, walk to the couch, sit down, and wait for the account select screen to appear. With new hotness, the account select screen appears almost immediately after i turn it on!

Don't have any XSX-enhanced games yet. So far I've played Undertale, Borderlands 2 and Unravel 2. I was a bit disappointed in BL since every gun feels as impactful as wet cardboard, but the art style is very cool.

Also tried remote play for the first time and it works very smooth. That's pretty neat.

The power of a fancy new SSD baby. Do yourself a favor and never play another borderlands game because an hour into 2 and you've seen all there is to see of all of them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Congrats on your new machine, it’s the best console I’ve ever used.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

What’s wild is I had to unplug my XSX for a few minutes while I rearranged my entertainment center. I plugged it back in and expected it to take a while to do the full restart. It was extremely fast.

And even my suspended game was still there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beastie posted:

What’s wild is I had to unplug my XSX for a few minutes while I rearranged my entertainment center. I plugged it back in and expected it to take a while to do the full restart. It was extremely fast.

And even my suspended game was still there.

Quick resume writes to the SSD instead of RAM. it’s magic.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Quantum of Phallus posted:

??? What are you on about, Horizon, Days Gone, Uncharted and God of War are on Steam

I was talking about the only Sony exclusive that matters: Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nioh 2 and Death Stranding are the only PS exclusives that matter. Maybe FFXVI if they don’t mess up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hatty posted:

Nioh 2 and Death Stranding are the only PS exclusives that matter. Maybe FFXVI if they don’t mess up

And God willing they will be on Xbox soon

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ninja Gaiden: is pretty rough experience in 2022. It has lot of ninjas, bosses and the true enemy: The camera controls.
The Camera defaults to pointing away from the enemies and if it accidentally shows any, it automatically corrects that and turns away from them. :argh:

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

hatty posted:

Returnal too. Would love to have it on xbox, but that will only happen if MS acquires Sony.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Returdnal

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

I was talking about the only Sony exclusive that matters: Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Put it on Xbox Squeenix you fucks! I'd like to play the game without having to turn on the jet engine that is my base PS4 and sitting through long rear end loading screens.

Great game what I played of it though.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sony must pay a lot to keep new Final Fantasy games off XBOX unless they don’t really sell that well on the platform anyway

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The Xbox Series X is currently the best system to play many Final Fantasies and FF7R on SEX would be great.

joylessdivision posted:

Put it on Xbox Squeenix you fucks! I'd like to play the game without having to turn on the jet engine that is my base PS4 and sitting through long rear end loading screens.

Great game what I played of it though.

:yeah:

hatty posted:

Sony must pay a lot to keep new Final Fantasy games off XBOX unless they don’t really sell that well on the platform anyway

Punishment for whatever insane deal is bringing The Show to game pass every year apparently.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I just want FFXIV finally.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

And God willing they will be on Xbox soon

Is it supposed to come to Xbox? I hadn’t heard that.

I’d be nice if the ff7 remake came over too,

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Raider posted:

Is it supposed to come to Xbox? I hadn’t heard that.

I’d be nice if the ff7 remake came over too,

No, but a man can dream.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

It’s a shame the PC port is pretty rough and hasn’t gotten much love.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Wish Sony would spend their money improving their consoles and services instead of using it making things worse for other people.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SpiderLink posted:

Wish Sony would spend their money improving their consoles and services instead of using it making things worse for other people.

They blew that money on making their controller have a bunch of features that do nothing except drain the battery life to sega game gear levels.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Barudak posted:

They blew that money on making their controller have a bunch of features that do nothing except drain the battery life to sega game gear levels.

Sorry to tell you but those controllers are loving great

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

it stinks. no one will care about it by the end of this console generation

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SilkyP posted:

Sorry to tell you but those controllers are loving great

the dual shock 4 sucks dude

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the only good controller sony ever made was the vita

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The dual sense is great. Not a fan of the touchpad because I always hit it accidentally but the haptic features are awesome.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

dualsense's biggest crime is that it tells you battery is low way too early. can easily squeeze a full session out at that point but it makes it feel like the controller only lasts for two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The only good playstation controller was the original one that didn’t have thumbsticks